E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My E60 modification progress report

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 01:19 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Hi guys,

Okay, so I've always wanted a 5 series and bought one as a divorce present to myself. Then I found this forum and learned that there was so much more I wanted to do to the car. Here is the before picture shortly after I bought her.

Mods so far:

- De-badge
- 20% tint all around (except windshield)
- European rear reflectors
- Angel Eye light upgrade
- Matching fog light upgrade
- New wheels/tires
-- I bought some OEM 124s here on the forum (still waiting for two to make it here). When I went to a local German garage to see about tires (tried to get some on the forum, but
shipping was crazy expensive) I saw these wheels there and feel in love with them. So my 124s will be up for sale here soon!!!

Mods that have been ordered:

- M-Tech front bumper
- M-Tech side skirts
- Matching wood inserts for steering wheel (German BMW dealer has the ordered for me)

Planned additional mods:

- ACS rear diffuser
- Either ACS or M5 trunk spoiler

So, here is the current state. I think the wheels and dark window tint look kick-ass together! Pictures taken out in back of house.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Carbon Black 545i

Lookin good

Like the wheels must look nice when its spinning.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Thanks GQuK545i

The guys at the shop said I could get spacers for the rear wheels to bring them out. They said about in inch on each side. They have an offset of ET20. Does anyone know where/what I should buy to make that happen?

I also plan on putting on a long German front plat when I put on the M-Tech front bumper. I think it looks nicer. When I get to the states, I will register it in Florida which only requires a rear bumper and I will have a fake German plate on the front to keep the look.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Carbon Black 545i

Im not sure about getting spacers to bring it out one inch on each side.

Might want to go with some springs and give it a nice tuck. The gap with the

new wheels/tires looks bigger then the stock ones.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:10 AM
Contributors

I was thinking about lowering it a bit, but was unsure how that would effect handling.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Make: BMW Model: 525i Exterior Color: Alpine White Interior Color: Beige Leather Trans: Steptronic Options Include: 205 Automatic Trans - Steptronic 6 spd 423 BMW Floor Mats ZPP Premium Package ZSP Sport Package

beautiful ride, but got to lower it....
Old 05-24-2008, 02:35 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jochy69' post='587444' date='May 24 2008, 12:28 PM
beautiful ride, but got to lower it....
Thanks, but how?
Old 05-24-2008, 03:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Alpine White with Navi and Premium PackageIn progress: OEM Mtech kit, H&R Sport Springs, and 19

Hey waco, ride looks great, most here put eibach or hr springs... the rims are different, cool tho!
Old 05-24-2008, 04:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Keep going! Spend the $$$! Looks great so far.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by wacopolumbo' post='587443' date='May 24 2008, 04:10 AM
I was thinking about lowering it a bit, but was unsure how that would effect handling.
Jody....

Looking good......go ahead and lower it, aside from the looks I think it will handle so much better. I really notice the improved handling in the body roll. I spend about $600 to lower and re-align my car and now that I got my 166's it was well worth.

Sorry the tires didnt work out, however I am curious, I wonder how much shipping is going to be to bring your 5er to the states????

Keep us up to date on your moding!

Quick Reply: My E60 modification progress report