E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My e60 530i BMW Assist, that don't assist...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 06:08 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

"My e60 530i BMW Assist, that don't assist location status!"

I got a letter in the mail the other day from BMW NA Assist Program stating my free one year assist was running out and to please notify BMW if I want to renew for one year for only $240.00!!!, and that I could renew it by using my assist and talking from my BMW directly to a satellite in space back to Irving TX, and they can tell me exactly where I am at, which I thought would be cool, so I gave it a try, just as soon as I first saw a screen in my iDrive that stated, My "Longitude" and "Latitude" global positioning of my Bimmer, then I was connected to BMW Assist, and a lady came on the line calling me by my name: Mr. Presley what can BMW assist do for you today Sir?

I told the nice BMW lady I would be renewing my Assist contract Then she asked for my temporary password, I gave it to her she then told everything about myself, address, etc, and data about my e60 530i as I was driving down the road, well I said well I am impressed go ahead and renew my contract, but before we hung up I ask her can she tell me exactly where I am calling from, She said Yes Sir No problem I can, and you are now shown to be calling (from some city in) Pennsylvania,

I said wrong, and I laugh a little and said want to try again, LOL, she but Sir that is what my screen shows, where are you at then, I told her where: driving on US 85 just south of Atlanta GA area, she said well you need to call Hank Aaron BMW in Union City for repair, and thanked me for renewing my BMW Assist contract, and hung up! She seemed very polite, professional a real nice lady with a nice voice, but I am thinking wow why in the world don't BMW NA give me the entire next year FREE and my year starting from the time when my Assist unit gets repaired and working correctly by my BMW dealer? I emailed BMW NA and right now I am waiting on their reply.

Now I have a QUESTION for e60 forum members? Has any e60 member/owner here at the forum ever tried to use your BMW assist, and if so could it tell you were you was located, or did it fail like my unit did? If it did fail, what did BMW do about it?

Thanks in advance forum members for your answers.

Sincerely,

Raymond Presley
Old 03-26-2005, 12:45 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Presley348' date='Mar 26 2005, 04:08 AM
Now I have a QUESTION? for e60 forum members?? Has any e60 member/owner here at the forum ever tried to use your BMW assist, and if so could it tell you were you was located, or did it fail like my unit did? If it did fail, what did BMW do about it?
[snapback]106799[/snapback]
I did, but I am in Germany.
A lady asked me for the next pharmacy and I had no clue, since it wasn't my hometown. So I called them and said that I don't even know exactly where I am. The guy at BMW Assist just looked up my GPS data and told me where I am and where the next pharmacy is. He even send me the nav route and phone number on my CID in just twenty seconds. The position he had seen on his display was correct, it was exactly where I was at this time.
But again, Germany, not the US...
Old 03-31-2005, 05:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Mar 26 2005, 05:45 AM
[quote name='Presley348' date='Mar 26 2005, 04:08 AM']Now I have a QUESTION? for e60 forum members?? Has any e60 member/owner here at the forum ever tried to use your BMW assist, and if so could it tell you were you was located, or did it fail like my unit did? If it did fail, what did BMW do about it?
I did, but I am in Germany.
A lady asked me for the next pharmacy and I had no clue, since it wasn't my hometown. So I called them and said that I don't even know exactly where I am. The guy at BMW Assist just looked up my GPS data and told me where I am and where the next pharmacy is. He even send me the nav route and phone number on my CID in just twenty seconds. The position he had seen on his display was correct, it was exactly where I was at this time.
But again, Germany, not the US...
[snapback]106885[/snapback]
[/quote]

================================================== ===

Thanks Iceman for your response, right now my e60 is at my BMW Dealer getting my BMW assist location issue corrected along, and my new rims installed.

Raymond Presley
Old 03-31-2005, 08:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, HUD, Alpine White on Black Dakota & a Big Grin ;-) <---- On the vessel from Germany... ******** '05 545i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, UUC EVOIII SSK, Silver Gray on Black Dakota..... (Buy back by BMW NA)

I have it and I have NO CLUE what this BMW assist is all about ??!!

I even considered pushing this button to see what happens...
Old 04-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Originally Posted by Presley348' date='Mar 25 2005, 11:08 PM

I got a letter in the mail the other day from BMW NA Assist Program stating my free one year assist was running out and to please notify BMW if I want to renew for one year for only $240.00!!!,? and that I could renew it by using my assist and talking from my BMW directly to a satellite in space back to Irving TX, and they can tell me exactly where I am at,? which I thought would be cool, so I gave it a try, just as soon as I first saw a screen in my iDrive that stated, My "Longitude" and "Latitude" global positioning of my Bimmer, then I was connected to BMW Assist, and a lady came on the line calling me by my name: Mr. Presley what can BMW assist do for you today Sir?

I told the nice BMW lady I would be renewing my Assist contract Then she asked for my temporary password, I gave it to her she then told everything about myself, address, etc,? and data about my e60 530i as I was driving down the road, well I said well I am impressed go ahead and renew my contract, but before we hung up I ask her can she tell me exactly where I am calling from, She said Yes Sir No problem I can, and you are now shown to be calling (from some city in) Pennsylvania,

I said wrong, and I laugh a little and said want to try again, LOL, she but Sir that is what my screen shows, where are you at then, I told her where: driving on US 85 just south of Atlanta GA area, she said well you need to call Hank Aaron BMW in Union City for repair, and thanked me for renewing my BMW Assist contract, and hung up!? She seemed very polite, professional a real nice lady with a nice voice, but I am thinking wow why in the world don't BMW NA give me the entire next year FREE and my year starting from the time when my Assist unit gets repaired and working correctly by my BMW dealer?? I emailed BMW NA and right now I am waiting on their reply.

Now I have a QUESTION? for e60 forum members?? Has any e60 member/owner here at the forum ever tried to use your BMW assist, and if so could it tell you were you was located, or did it fail like my unit did? If it did fail, what did BMW do about it?

Sincerely,

Raymond Presley
I needed it once to call for help for somebody else who was in an accident. They got my location in DE totally correct.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Gadgets' date='Mar 31 2005, 09:22 PM

I even considered pushing this button to see what happens...?
[snapback]109668[/snapback]
I guarantee you that neither you nor your passenger will be jetisoned. Just push the button!!!! Its a service that you have for one year. Tell the operator that you are clueless and they will help you out.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:35 AM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Gadgets' date='Apr 1 2005, 01:22 AM

I even considered pushing this button to see what happens...?
[snapback]109668[/snapback]

Hi Gadgets,

BMW Assist is a really cool thing when working right! When you press the S.O.S. button an BMW operator will talk to you in your e60 iDrive by satellite based in Irving TX, and they can even pin point your location by use of "longitude" and "latitude" in case of an emergency, like if you wreak your Bimmer, (heaven forbid!), but BMW assist will automatically be notified that you are in a wreck (trouble), and will have your location and will called into the local police by BMW assist to come render emergency Police/EMS aid!

My voice command worked great, but they could not tell me where I at, so BMW NA and I have my BMW e60 530i in the BMW shop having my assist locator repaired.

Oh yea one last things this assist service cost about $20.00 per month, which is I believe once working like it should is well worth it for this personalize monitoring service!

Sincerely,

R. Eddie Presley
Old 04-07-2005, 02:38 AM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Presley348' date='Mar 25 2005, 11:08 PM

I got a letter in the mail the other day from BMW NA Assist Program stating my free one year assist was running out and to please notify BMW if I want to renew for one year for only $240.00!!!,? and that I could renew it by using my assist and talking from my BMW directly to a satellite in space back to Irving TX, and they can tell me exactly where I am at,? which I thought would be cool, so I gave it a try, just as soon as I first saw a screen in my iDrive that stated, My "Longitude" and "Latitude" global positioning of my Bimmer, then I was connected to BMW Assist, and a lady came on the line calling me by my name: Mr. Presley what can BMW assist do for you today Sir?

I told the nice BMW lady I would be renewing my Assist contract Then she asked for my temporary password, I gave it to her she then told everything about myself, address, etc,? and data about my e60 530i as I was driving down the road, well I said well I am impressed go ahead and renew my contract, but before we hung up I ask her can she tell me exactly where I am calling from, She said Yes Sir No problem I can, and you are now shown to be calling (from some city in) Pennsylvania,

I said wrong, and I laugh a little and said want to try again, LOL, she but Sir that is what my screen shows, where are you at then, I told her where: driving on US 85 just south of Atlanta GA area, she said well you need to call Hank Aaron BMW in Union City for repair, and thanked me for renewing my BMW Assist contract, and hung up!? She seemed very polite, professional a real nice lady with a nice voice, but I am thinking wow why in the world don't BMW NA give me the entire next year FREE and my year starting from the time when my Assist unit gets repaired and working correctly by my BMW dealer?? I emailed BMW NA and right now I am waiting on their reply.

Sincerely,

Raymond Presley

WED: 4-6-05

A lady with a nice voice, from BMW N. A. headquarters called me today, and said BMW understands I had a problem with my Assist locator, and I replied: yes, but it is at Nalley BMW being fixed right now, she said we know that because I called your BMW dealer direct today, and they repaired my assist locater and tested and said it works now with no problem at all.

She apologized for my inconvenience, and said she had authorized for BMW to pay six months toward my BMW Assist programs, because it did not work for the entire year.

These Hi Tech BMW's of ours are expensive, but so far they have really came through on some issues so far i.e. the BMW assist goes and with a few other small things that BMW paid for under the BMW warranty plan.

In Conclusion: Thanks BMW NA!

Sincerely a happy BMW e60 530i owner,

Raymond Presley aka R. Eddie Presley = GA