E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My driver door close problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Bmw e60 530i _-_ professional navigation- mystic blue exterior- beige interior-logic7-18 inch rims-active steering-bluetooth-adaptive xenon lights-sunroof-sport steering wheel-comfort seats-tv-pdc

When I close my driver door I have to slam it for it to close well I saw that the rubber for the door on the car is damaged
Old 10-16-2011, 05:00 PM
pcy
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i, '07 C280 4matic, '98 ML320

replace the broken trim before you damage other door parts.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Members

My Ride: Bmw e60 530i _-_ professional navigation- mystic blue exterior- beige interior-logic7-18 inch rims-active steering-bluetooth-adaptive xenon lights-sunroof-sport steering wheel-comfort seats-tv-pdc

Im planning to replace it soon, but would their be another cause for this ?
Old 10-18-2011, 07:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

Sounds like the broken rubber to me... i am sure if you close it carefully and watch/listen to where its catching, you will be able to tell where the problem is. When something is obviously broken I would say fix that first before trying to find other reasons it may not work... you can adjust it 20 times to get it right but once you replace the rubber it still wouldnt be correct due to the adjustments you made......
Old 10-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jaycal3
Sounds like the broken rubber to me... i am sure if you close it carefully and watch/listen to where its catching, you will be able to tell where the problem is. When something is obviously broken I would say fix that first before trying to find other reasons it may not work... you can adjust it 20 times to get it right but once you replace the rubber it still wouldnt be correct due to the adjustments you made......
Ilchange the rubber but is it another part that's makin the door hard to close, iltry the method you told me about to find out
Old 10-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon

If the door is misaligned this also will cause it not close properly, here are some causes;

- Someone was hanging on your and using it as a swing.
- Accident.
- Broken or damaged seals or door cover is wedged out.

Have in mind BMW doors are not easy to get misaligned and if it is usually there is an obvious reason the change of weather or carwash doesn't effect its alignment.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:54 PM
Members

Originally Posted by syrousd
If the door is misaligned this also will cause it not close properly, here are some causes;

- Someone was hanging on your and using it as a swing.
- Accident.
- Broken or damaged seals or door cover is wedged out.

Have in mind BMW doors are not easy to get misaligned and if it is usually there is an obvious reason the change of weather or carwash doesn't effect its alignment.
The door closes properly but when I pull it a bit harder and no it doesn't have an accident or somebody swing on it , its only the rubber trim that is visible when we open the door
Old 10-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon

Originally Posted by bmwbimmer
The door closes properly but when I pull it a bit harder and no it doesn't have an accident or somebody swing on it , its only the rubber trim that is visible when we open the door
In that case it is an easy fix, replace the rubber seals and you should be fine!
Old 10-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by syrousd
In that case it is an easy fix, replace the rubber seals and you should be fine!
I just saw that the door panel or cove under the black speaker on the upper right side the panel under it is a bit loose how can that be fixed?
Old 10-20-2011, 09:26 AM
Members

Anybody had this problem ?

Quick Reply: My driver door close problem