E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My car got keyed...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

You cracked my old splitter?!!?! Sorry to hear that Ross!!! I had the worst luck last week...Seems like its going around...Hang in there bud!! It will turn around....
Old 02-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Originally Posted by skeeter
You cracked my old splitter?!!?! Sorry to hear that Ross!!! I had the worst luck last week...Seems like its going around...Hang in there bud!! It will turn around....
Thanks Ryan, sorry to hear about your week too. I always like to think after a bad streak the only way you can go is up from there. It's a really small crack but still pains me agh!

Redeyejedi, I'll take you up on that mobile paint guy if I can't do anything about it this weekend. I ordered some black waxing/polishing type kits and will see if it helps at all, even as a temporary fix.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Sport (6-speed)

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Gotta really be careful with that wet sanding and make sure the guy you're using is a Pro at it. I'd ask to see prior jobs.

Reason I say this is bc I've had a portion of my trunk wet sanded at an ok shop and it still didn't come out 1000% perfect. I mean, no one except for me knows where the spot is, but I know what angle to look from to see the matte spot - and its a bit upsetting, actually, been considering repainting the entire trunk bc of it...
You're right but this guy was pretty good. I looked at the area where the deep scratch (more like someone keyed it - and pressed really hard) but I couldn't tell where it was! He did tell me my paint was thin and to be careful in the future - especially in that specific area.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 525xi, 6 spd MT, Tiefgruen, Nav, Traffic, Comfort Access, Sat Radio, iPodPremium/Cold WX Pkgs

I just went through this here in NJ with a 5" scratch on my trunk. I googled "auto scratch nj" and found a great mobile service. I was fascinated by the diligence with which he approached his work. I discussed alternatives with him and he pointed out that a body shop would repaint the whole trunk but that could present a problem when trying to sell the car as buyers may not believe that it was only a scratch and not a crash. My recommendation is go with a mobile service if you can find a good one. For you NJ guys, this is who I used http://www.carsgroupinc.com/ .

Best,
Charlie

2007 525xi
Old 02-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Contributors

If you do end up repainting the entire door, take pictures of the keyed area as proof that it was repainted due to the keying.. and not an accident etc.. just a thought..
Old 02-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CWS530
Never seems to be a shortage of a-holes, huh? Sorry, man.
That totally blows! By habit I always check out the doors when I get back to my car after parking it in a lot to see if anyone was careless to throw their door open into mine; people are just stupid that way, but to key it is such a deliberate act. I'd go mid-evil on the poor bastard if I ever caught em in the act. Good luck with the repair.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

damn, sorry to hear of your troubles man pretty shitty people out there
Old 02-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Members

Drcolorchip if scratches aren't too deep.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

That totally sucks. This is the result of jealously and envy from haters.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:18 AM
Contributors

Oh man, I am really sorry to hear that. Only ass-holes would do such thing because they are jealous you drive one. The key thing even if its not deep is going to cost you around $200 ( maybe even cheaper in LA than here in Toronto, CA) they have to paint it, than sand it, paint it again... its a big process for such small thing. Same thing happened 2 years ago for my friends A6 Audi. Hope you got it sorted out

Quick Reply: My car got keyed...