E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My car died today !

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

UPDATE : I'm ordering a new car . Both BMW Canada and the dealer have made me a very attractive offer to get me out of my "troubled" 07 and into a new 08. I'll be placing the order Monday, pretty much the same as before but I'll add Tech pkg (nav/hud/ld). I can't get the aluminum cube trim , so I have to choose between the Bamboo or Black Diamond, I would appreciate some input on these .I'll make the Feb build for a late March or early April delivery. BTW the 09s will be intoduced in September in North America....not April like several of us thought , FYI

Cheers
Old 01-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='514198' date='Jan 5 2008, 11:25 PM
UPDATE : I'm ordering a new car . Both BMW Canada and the dealer have made me a very attractive offer to get me out of my "troubled" 07 and into a new 08. I'll be placing the order Monday, pretty much the same as before but I'll add Tech pkg (nav/hud/ld). I can't get the aluminum cube trim , so I have to choose between the Bamboo or Black Diamond, I would appreciate some input on these .I'll make the Feb build for a late March or early April delivery. BTW the 09s will be intoduced in September in North America....not April like several of us thought , FYI

Cheers
Congratulations.

I?m not sure what black diamond is - do you have a photo? I didn?t like the bamboo black, it had a greenish tint to my eyes. If the black diamond is anything like piano black, I would go for it. Otherwise, consider the dark poplar - it?s very elegant.

You will like the items in the tech paket - I can?t imagine driving without HUD anymore and the LDW is good for a hand massage.

Oh, re the MY2009 5ers, I think I had posted that it would be September months ago so I am glad for the confirmation.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='514207' date='Jan 6 2008, 12:03 AM
Congratulations.

I?m not sure what black diamond is - do you have a photo? I didn?t like the bamboo black, it had a greenish tint to my eyes. If the black diamond is anything like piano black, I would go for it. Otherwise, consider the dark poplar - it?s very elegant.

You will like the items in the tech paket - I can?t imagine driving without HUD anymore and the LDW is good for a hand massage.

Oh, re the MY2009 5ers, I think I had posted that it would be September months ago so I am glad for the confirmation.
Jonathan, apparently black diamond is solid black and looks like plastic ( does anyone have this) I know what the Piano Black looks like and I would have selected it if available, I need to see some bamboo.......... I really loved the clean modern look of Aluminum Cube....... I guess it was'nt popular.The dark Poplar is nice but I'm trying to keep the interior monochromatic !
Thanks for the suggestion.

I missed your post on the MY09 ,but as you say at least we have another source to confirm that we won't be seeing the 09 5ers until September, as per Freds' report the 5s have slowed down in sales and apparently the import quota issue is not an issue this year.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='514352' date='Jan 6 2008, 08:51 AM
Jonathan, apparently black diamond is solid black and looks like plastic ( does anyone have this) I know what the Piano Black looks like and I would have selected it if available, I need to see some bamboo.......... I really loved the clean modern look of Aluminum Cube....... I guess it was'nt popular.The dark Poplar is nice but I'm trying to keep the interior monochromatic !
Thanks for the suggestion.

I missed your post on the MY09 ,but as you say at least we have another source to confirm that we won't be seeing the 09 5ers until September, as per Freds' report the 5s have slowed down in sales and apparently the import quota issue is not an issue this year.
Congrats, westcoast550, on getting the problem with your '07 resolved.

Having just returned from Maui where my rental Pontiac Gran Prix GXP had the HUD (and it's the first time I have used HUD), I now wish I had ordered it for my 535. I think it's a good choice to add the package to get the HUD.

I would go with the black diamond of the two choices; but I think the dark walnut would win out overall for me. I saw the Bamboo and wasn't that taken with it.

Happy ordering tomorrow, should be a fun day.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tuco' post='514501' date='Jan 6 2008, 06:43 PM
Congrats, westcoast550, on getting the problem with your '07 resolved.

Having just returned from Maui where my rental Pontiac Gran Prix GXP had the HUD (and it's the first time I have used HUD), I now wish I had ordered it for my 535. I think it's a good choice to add the package to get the HUD.

I would go with the black diamond of the two choices; but I think the dark walnut would win out overall for me. I saw the Bamboo and wasn't that taken with it.

Happy ordering tomorrow, should be a fun day.
Hey Tuco , welcome back !! I have never seen Black diamond so I'm going to try looking at the Richmond dealer to see if they have it.
Cheers
Old 01-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Contributors

I had "piano black" in a car (Toyota) and it looked good, but was always dusty. I also shows scratches like crazy so be sure to use a microfibre cloth when cleaning. I would not order it again. Just my perspective. I looks really good though.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

West, Glad you got everything resolved. Is the wife getting the 650 back or is she getting a new 550?
Old 01-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='514534' date='Jan 6 2008, 08:18 PM
West, Glad you got everything resolved. Is the wife getting the 650 back or is she getting a new 550?
D, the 6 is very nice but I always find myself wanting the 550............ now the wait >
Cheers
Old 01-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='514627' date='Jan 7 2008, 01:10 AM
D, the 6 is very nice but I always find myself wanting the 550............ now the wait >
Cheers
W, you should to update your sig to reflect the death of your 07 550 and the birth of your 08
Old 01-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='514630' date='Jan 7 2008, 12:21 AM
W, you should to update your sig to reflect the death of your 07 550 and the birth of your 08
bad luck....I'll wait till the order is in

Quick Reply: My car died today !