E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My car at the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 03:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[COLOR=blue]

I left my baby at the dealer for:
1) Fault Restraint system failure (for a second time)
2) Recall
3) Cup holder
4) the clothe from the windshield side is coming off.

Oh boy! guess what? They gave me a loaner. Can you guess?
WRONG of course it was not an E60 or a BMW 2002 1969.

They gave me an old daerwood (can i spell that?)
but the wrost part: it has the wrost cigarrete smell ever. I dont smoke. Dont like
the smell of old cigarrate (sorry smoker).

on my survey..DEFINITELY that dealer is getting a 0. 0 meaning the wrost. NO offend to any one out there.

My friend own an E39 and told me i should contact the bmw dealer to let them know that. SHould I? I am upset, not for getting an old car but because of how dirrty the car is inside.

Am i allowed to be a bit upset? i dont like to get upset for nonsense like this. But one of the major reason why I spent money on a new car is because i like to feel confortable.

Let me not hide..this is my face:
Old 11-30-2004, 03:09 PM
Contributors

Devil's advocate - just another opinion. If they were really out of loaners, then it was good of them to give you a rental. Couldn't you have told them the car stinks and to give you another one? I'd like to give them the chance to fix the complaint before ZEROing them on the survey. They should have the opportunity to fix it, and at my dealer, the rentals are handled by an outside firm, so it's not REALLY the dealer's fault, it's the rental agency. The dealer tried to get you transportation.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:29 PM
Contributors

At my dealer, they always give you the next level up car. When I had three's, the gave me 5's, and now their giving me 7's.

Pretty cool. In fact, its a really amazing upsell. I love that when my wife took hers' in for service, I didn't have to worry about them 'messing' with her. Now that she drives a Ford Expedition, she always wants me to handle the service, because she says that the people are 'icky'

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I would have spoken up and said that it's not acceptable for a $60k car.

james
Old 11-30-2004, 03:34 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by John W' date='Nov 30 2004, 06:09 PM
Devil's advocate - just another opinion.? If they were really out of loaners, then it was good of them to give you a rental.? Couldn't you have told them the car stinks and to give you another one?? I'd like to give them the chance to fix the complaint before ZEROing them on the survey.? They should have the opportunity to fix it, and at my dealer, the rentals are handled by an outside firm, so it's not REALLY the dealer's fault, it's the rental agency. The dealer tried to get you transportation.
[snapback]62683[/snapback]

I did not notice the cigarrate smell until i drove the car for about 1 min.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jksanford' date='Nov 30 2004, 06:29 PM
At my dealer, they always give you the next level up car.? When I had three's, the gave me 5's, and now their giving me 7's.

Pretty cool.? In fact, its a really amazing upsell.? I love that when my wife took hers' in for service, I didn't have to worry about them 'messing' with her.? Now that she drives a Ford Expedition, she always wants me to handle the service, because she says that the people are 'icky'

Sorry to hear about your troubles.? I would have spoken up and said that it's not acceptable for a $60k car.

james
[snapback]62687[/snapback]

I'll wait for the survey! Infact, I will let them know that tomorrow. Too bad I can not take a foto of the smell!
Old 12-01-2004, 02:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

amigo, did you special order your cupholder ? My damn dealer said they special ordered for me and it should arrive in 3 weeks time. And i am already waiting for 2 months now.