E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My bumper's been eaten/chewed by a fox (or wild dog)! (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005-12 E60 M5 :: Silverstone :: Silverstone Full Perforated Most extras bar climate comfort glass, there was even a detachable towbar in the boot weighing me down...what would anyone dream of towing with an M5, except maybe a fellow M5 owner with the Red Cog of Death!? Twin rear screens + PS2 + DVD :: Origin B2+laser detect :: Pentagon Security Glass Photos from my Nürburgring Trip and other random photos available on my website: www.scoopz.com

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='443714' date='Jul 5 2007, 06:57 PM
Whe you get your new bumper put some hot sauce on it. That will teach them..
I like your way of thinking but will the hot sauce kill the hungry critters??...I think I need something a little more drastic...I wander what household chemicals are safe to humans, not damaging on paint but cause a slow and painful end to canine's that consume it?
Old 07-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005-12 E60 M5 :: Silverstone :: Silverstone Full Perforated Most extras bar climate comfort glass, there was even a detachable towbar in the boot weighing me down...what would anyone dream of towing with an M5, except maybe a fellow M5 owner with the Red Cog of Death!? Twin rear screens + PS2 + DVD :: Origin B2+laser detect :: Pentagon Security Glass Photos from my Nürburgring Trip and other random photos available on my website: www.scoopz.com

Originally Posted by nmc' post='443721' date='Jul 5 2007, 07:02 PM
Do your friends own a Labrador? Mine ate a kitchen cabinet and a chair in pretty short order.
No that's the strange bit they don't have a dog. They have a peacock which I was concerned about being around my car for a week though he seemed to take no interest in it.

I only assume it was a fox cub as there seemed to be several darting across the road on the drive up to the house. Could've been a wild cat/dog/fluffy bunny i suppose?
Old 07-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

that sucks, but +1 good you can laugh about it. i would probably be stuck in the "wtf unbelievable mood" still haha. well maybe after its fixed, get a splitter first, then have hot sauce ready
Old 07-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Senior Members

Sorry to see that.
On a lighter note;
You can be sure that EVERYONE at your insurance company will be reading your claim
Old 07-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003
Model Year: 2012

May be time to think about finding a garage.
Luckily it does not seem impossible to repair, a bit of filler and a well done painting job and it will be as new.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 535D M Sport Space Grey, Comfort Seat, full leather, iPod, climate pack, comms pack, heated seats, tinted windows, sports gearbox + paddle shift, 19" wheels

I also live in a house in the country near Gatwick and I would suggest it was rabbits (look at the teeth marks)

Little fcukers get everywhere and if they can, will eat anything.

I've had mice eat the wiring loom in my 996 which wasn't funny!
Old 07-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ///Marco.it' post='443743' date='Jul 5 2007, 07:44 PM
May be time to think about finding a garage.
Luckily it does not seem impossible to repair, a bit of filler and a well done painting job and it will be as new.
It happened at a friends house who lives in the country and unfortunatelt has no garage.

I have a garage at my house but it's not wide enough for me to drive into, even with mirrors folded up...I think they thought everybody in the world would drive a mini when they designed the house 25 years ago!
Old 07-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Members

Originally Posted by mogsyman' post='443745' date='Jul 5 2007, 07:56 PM
I also live in a house in the country near Gatwick and I would suggest it was rabbits (look at the teeth marks)

Little fcukers get everywhere and if they can, will eat anything.

I've had mice eat the wiring loom in my 996 which wasn't funny!
You may well be right, don't know why but I feel more at ease blaming it on the evil foxes rather than cute fluffy flopsy and mopsy bunnies

Like I said I've heard of mice destoying a wiring loom in an 6-series, rabbits doing the same to your 996...that really isn't funny, I bet that was a costly repair?
Old 07-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Members

Much as there some nice classy property down there, beying my reach - im working very near there drive the A217 regularly

Might I also suggest the less pretty prospect of rats - They will eat absolutuely anything, although poison suits then best.

Although I remeber tracing a computer network problem to bunny damage.

I you Ebay the bumper i might be interested - pretty sure you do something with that

Mark

06 E60 525D SE
Old 07-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 535D M Sport Space Grey, Comfort Seat, full leather, iPod, climate pack, comms pack, heated seats, tinted windows, sports gearbox + paddle shift, 19" wheels

Originally Posted by scoopz' post='443766' date='Jul 5 2007, 08:26 PM
You may well be right, don't know why but I feel more at ease blaming it on the evil foxes rather than cute fluffy flopsy and mopsy bunnies

Like I said I've heard of mice destoying a wiring loom in an 6-series, rabbits doing the same to your 996...that really isn't funny, I bet that was a costly repair?
The cost was several hundred ????'s and an upset owner.

Not rabbits that ate the 996 loom but mice that had made a home in the front behind the multi cd!

Might as MaE60D suggests be rats............probably difficult to confirm either way

Quick Reply: My bumper's been eaten/chewed by a fox (or wild dog)! (pics)