E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My BMW Project

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 02:54 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 9/04 BMW E46 / 3

Big respect for that! Is it ensured, that the car?s stability is 100 % again for another crash?
Old 03-31-2006, 03:54 AM
Contributors

Old 03-31-2006, 05:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Nice job!!! As long as the frame wasnt damaged, and the car drives good, I think you have a winner. I bet this one creaks less than the original
Old 03-31-2006, 06:36 AM
Members

My Ride: MY06 Silver-Grey 530i, Grey Leather, Sports Package, Steptronic, Premium Package, Satellite Radio, Bluetooth (Motorola V551), Llumar Platinum Tint.

Great work! I do share the opinion that the any potential purchasers be shown the before and after pictures. That way no one can come back to you stating that you misled them about the previous damage. Did you need to do anything extra to insure structural rigidity is maintained?
Old 03-31-2006, 07:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Extremely good work, do the car squeke at all?

But with all respect, I would not like to be the second hand owner of that car.
In my meaning a severly crashed car will never be the same again.

If I would crash my E60 to that contition my insurance company would give
my a brand my car for ?750 (about $1000), as long as my new car is
under 3 years of age.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:06 AM
Members

if you notice carefully, the chassis has not been touch AT ALL. Rigidity and all questions related to the stability of hte car is irrelevant.

When doing a job such as this, I disassemble the parts EXACTLY where the factory seams are, purchase new parts from BMW and join it at the seams exactly how the car is assembled at the factory. No cutting at any place, only disassembling, thus the reason why BMW has approved the workmanship and approval for continuing the motorplan.

The job might look LARGE and SERIOUS for most, but frankly for a panel shop, thats child play. Nothing to thing about, it's like changing a flat tyre. Unscrew the bolts, remove damaged/flat tyre, fit new tyre, bolt back on, clean up. SOmething in these lines

Keep in mind also that car prices in South Africa are 70% higher than USA or UK due to high taxes, thus repairing a car becomes worthwhile as the car replacement parts pro rata is cheaper.

I'm currently repairing 2x 2005 M3's, 1x 2005 318i. Nothing too serious, small jobs, probably a week to do once started.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:04 PM
Members

My Ride: 525d, Silver Grey, Beige Leather, PDC, Sun Blinds On Order LCI 523iA, Jet Black, Beige Leather, Heated Seats, Rear Sun Blinds, Bluetooth, M Steering Wheel

Originally Posted by illuder' post='263109' date='Mar 31 2006, 09:06 PM
if you notice carefully, the chassis has not been touch AT ALL. Rigidity and all questions related to the stability of hte car is irrelevant.

When doing a job such as this, I disassemble the parts EXACTLY where the factory seams are, purchase new parts from BMW and join it at the seams exactly how the car is assembled at the factory. No cutting at any place, only disassembling, thus the reason why BMW has approved the workmanship and approval for continuing the motorplan.

The job might look LARGE and SERIOUS for most, but frankly for a panel shop, thats child play. Nothing to thing about, it's like changing a flat tyre. Unscrew the bolts, remove damaged/flat tyre, fit new tyre, bolt back on, clean up. SOmething in these lines

Keep in mind also that car prices in South Africa are 70% higher than USA or UK due to high taxes, thus repairing a car becomes worthwhile as the car replacement parts pro rata is cheaper.

I'm currently repairing 2x 2005 M3's, 1x 2005 318i. Nothing too serious, small jobs, probably a week to do once started.
I haven't seen a factory join in the C Pillar of a new car before ! aren't the sides all one piece.......I am no car repair expert and am interested in the car construction.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:18 PM
Members

My Ride: 525d, Silver Grey, Beige Leather, PDC, Sun Blinds On Order LCI 523iA, Jet Black, Beige Leather, Heated Seats, Rear Sun Blinds, Bluetooth, M Steering Wheel

Done my own research and now I know how a car is put together well I never !!!! Courtesy of RealOem Well done illuder
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RealOem.pdf (25.1 KB, 113 views)
Old 03-31-2006, 02:13 PM
Members

Nice Job. I am impressed.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

People do that in Finland too and for the same reason- high car prices due car tax.

Skaffa

PS nice job, but like some others I don't like ACS.

Quick Reply: My BMW Project