E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My beauty (and also beast) has arrived!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 11:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 535d

Hey everybody!!!

A lot of questions !!!

It took 5 months because of the wheels!!! The 19" optional M Wheels are available from May. I must say, they look awsome!!! They are perfect!!!

The mirrors,

It isn't a part of the M Sport Package. It's a BMW Original Accesoire. You can find it in the accesoire catalog for the E60! When you order these mirrors, they will not come on the car, but your dealer has to place them on the car himself.
They come unpainted.

On this moment, they are ordered, so not on the car yet!
It's not 100% sure they 're comming on my car (maybe schnitzers) , but I'm 99% sure that hey will!

The price is....

1500 ?

The mirrors will complete the car however.

Pictures will follow!!!

Greetings,

Postel
Old 05-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by Postel' date='May 12 2005, 09:10 PM
Hey everybody!!!

A lot of questions !!!

It took 5 months because of the wheels!!! The 19" optional M Wheels are available from May.? I must say, they look awsome!!!? They are perfect!!!

The mirrors,

It isn't a part of the M Sport Package.? It's a BMW Original Accesoire.? You can find it in the accesoire catalog for the E60!? When you order these mirrors, they will not come on the car, but your dealer has to place them on the car himself.
They come unpainted.?

It's not 100% sure they 're comming on my car (maybe schnitzers) , but I'm 99% sure that hey will!

The price is....

1500 ?

Pictures will follow!!!

Greetings,

Postel
[snapback]127631[/snapback]
This price is paint and install included?
Old 05-12-2005, 12:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Postel,

Nice choice of car - same as mine exactly apart from the interior alu cube trim.
Hope to get my wheels changed to the 172's next week, or so my dealer has promised. Please post the wheel pics asap. May the torque be with you.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:06 PM
Senior Members

congratulations postel.
i am sure you will enjoy the car as much as 'us'.
you lucky dude i only wish the 535d is available in canada...
high power diesel is the way to go for the future.

is your 535d SMG , auto or 6spM?
Old 05-13-2005, 12:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 525D with M-Sport Package (M-rear spoiler incl.) - Manual Drive - Carbon black - amethyst leather (2 tone) - Summer: styling 128 rims (245/35 R19Y - 275/30 R19Y on Michelin PS2) - Winter: styling 135M rims (245/40/18ZR on Dunlop M3 SP Winter Sport)- Logic7 - Nav.Syst.Prof. - bluetooth - xenon - adapt. headl.- PDC - Sun Protection Glass - Through Load Syst. - M5 mirrors - Chrome Grill - Extended Inter. Light Package - Front Seat Heating and...the amazing floormats

Originally Posted by Postel' date='May 12 2005, 09:10 PM
Hey everybody!!!

A lot of questions !!!

It took 5 months because of the wheels!!! The 19" optional M Wheels are available from May.? I must say, they look awsome!!!? They are perfect!!!

The mirrors,

It isn't a part of the M Sport Package.? It's a BMW Original Accesoire.? You can find it in the accesoire catalog for the E60!? When you order these mirrors, they will not come on the car, but your dealer has to place them on the car himself.
They come unpainted.?

The price is....

1500 ?

Pictures will follow!!!

Greetings,

Postel
Thanks Postel. That means that you are probably being charged about 435 EUR for paint and installation. I have to check it but the price that my dealer gave me yesterday was about 1065 EUR for the parts. I believe the painting would cost 60 EUR, which would leave 375 EUR for installation. Standard rate for installation is about 50 EUR/hour so that means it takes them 7 1/2 hours to install, i.e. working day.
Hmmm...must be sophisticated mirrors, but I guess the dealer will probably have applied the 1 day as a standard for installation, since he may not know yet how complicated it is.

Do you know whether yr dealer has already installed these mirrors before?
Sorry for asking all these questions...you will be more interested in yr car right now I guess.
In case you would still have time... can you confirm that these are the part numbers?
Outside Primed Left: 51 16 7 897 565 with auto dip
Outside Primed Right: 51 16 7 897 566
Inside glass Left:
HEATED, WIDE-ANGLE, LEFT 51 16 7 897 547
HEATED, WIDE-ANGLE, RIGHT 51 16 7 897 548

I am asking because these are the part numbers of the mirrors that are available on eBay at about $ 1200. This is a bit cheaper than what I would have to pay in Belgium...
Old 05-13-2005, 09:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by rollee' date='May 12 2005, 09:06 PM
congratulations postel.
i am sure you will enjoy the car as much as 'us'.
you lucky dude i only wish the 535d is available in canada...
high power diesel is the way to go for the future.

is your 535d SMG , auto or 6spM?
[snapback]127660[/snapback]
Hey Rollee!!!

The 6-speed automatic transmission with Steptronic is standard eqiupment on the 535d (in Belgium)!!!

Greetings,

Postel
Old 05-13-2005, 10:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by joel_BE' date='May 13 2005, 09:11 AM
[quote name='Postel' date='May 12 2005, 09:10 PM']Hey everybody!!!

A lot of questions !!!

The mirrors,

They come unpainted.?

The price is....

1500 ?

Pictures will follow!!!

Greetings,

Postel
Thanks Postel. That means that you are probably being charged about 435 EUR for paint and installation. I have to check it but the price that my dealer gave me yesterday was about 1065 EUR for the parts. I believe the painting would cost 60 EUR, which would leave 375 EUR for installation. Standard rate for installation is about 50 EUR/hour so that means it takes them 7 1/2 hours to install, i.e. working day.
Hmmm...must be sophisticated mirrors, but I guess the dealer will probably have applied the 1 day as a standard for installation, since he may not know yet how complicated it is.

Do you know whether yr dealer has already installed these mirrors before?
Sorry for asking all these questions...you will be more interested in yr car right now I guess.
In case you would still have time... can you confirm that these are the part numbers?
Outside Primed Left: 51 16 7 897 565 with auto dip
Outside Primed Right: 51 16 7 897 566
Inside glass Left:
HEATED, WIDE-ANGLE, LEFT 51 16 7 897 547
HEATED, WIDE-ANGLE, RIGHT 51 16 7 897 548

I am asking because these are the part numbers of the mirrors that are available on eBay at about $ 1200. This is a bit cheaper than what I would have to pay in Belgium...
[snapback]127930[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hey joel_BE!!!

Sorry, I don't have the part numbers!!!
My dealer hasn't installed these mirrors before.

The mirrors you say of 1200?, aren't that M5 mirror-replica's???
The mirrors of the M Sport Package look similar to the M5 mirrors, but there is a difference between them!

Greetings,

Postel
Old 05-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 525D with M-Sport Package (M-rear spoiler incl.) - Manual Drive - Carbon black - amethyst leather (2 tone) - Summer: styling 128 rims (245/35 R19Y - 275/30 R19Y on Michelin PS2) - Winter: styling 135M rims (245/40/18ZR on Dunlop M3 SP Winter Sport)- Logic7 - Nav.Syst.Prof. - bluetooth - xenon - adapt. headl.- PDC - Sun Protection Glass - Through Load Syst. - M5 mirrors - Chrome Grill - Extended Inter. Light Package - Front Seat Heating and...the amazing floormats

Originally Posted by Postel' date='May 13 2005, 08:58 PM
Hey joel_BE!!!

Sorry, I don't have the part numbers!!!
My dealer hasn't installed these mirrors before.

The mirrors you say of 1200?, aren't that M5 mirror-replica's????
The mirrors of the M Sport Package look similar to the M5 mirrors, but there is a difference between them!

Greetings,

Postel
[snapback]128093[/snapback]
The mirrors on eBay are 1200$, i.e. about EUR 950 without shipping which is $30 I believe. So, in total there sis a difference of about EUR 90....not really worth the difference to get them shipped from the US.

I asked the eBay seller for the part numbers, and that's the ones I mentioned in my previous post. If the info is correct, then they are no replicas, which is understandable for that price.

What still confuses me now, is whether there is actually a difference between the mirrors in the accessories brochure and the M5 mirrors, and I must say that my dealer is not making it any easier to get some clarity on this issue.
In Japan, the M% mirrors have already been installed on a non-M5.
Kigerka mentioned the M5 part numers on another thread, and these are the same numbers as the ones I got from the eBay seller. On eBay, the mirrors are sold as "BMW E60 M5 Genuine M Technik Side Mirrors Primed New ". They have confirmed to me that they can be installed on all european E60 models.

So, if all the info is correct, then this implies that the M5 mirrors can be installed on all E60 models.
If I am wrong, I would like someone to give me the facts, without any guessing.
As soon as I get back home from my business trip, I will get in touch with BMW Germany, as BMW HO in Belgium do not seem to be able to confirm anything on this either .

But Postel... you first enjoy the ride in yr new car !!!
Hope to see the pictures with the mirrors soon
Old 05-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Members

Great choice of car. Looking forward to the pictures!
Old 05-13-2005, 11:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Come on Postel where's the pics - I need to see the 172 wheels with silver grey M pack.

Hurry please

Quick Reply: My beauty (and also beast) has arrived!!!