E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My baby is in for service!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Orient Blue

Agree, definitely follow through. That's the biggest issue. Most people complain but never do anything about it. If more people actually did something about it, it'd be a different story..

My cars ready! I'll be picking it up soon!
Old 01-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 07 550 silver Gray SP PKG, NAV, LOGIC 7, SAT, COLD WEATHER, STEP.

Originally Posted by octee' post='376950' date='Jan 11 2007, 02:24 PM
Agree, definitely follow through. That's the biggest issue. Most people complain but never do anything about it. If more people actually did something about it, it'd be a different story..

My cars ready! I'll be picking it up soon!
Dealer called cip 25.0 is the only fix they don't have the software from BMW they say it hasn't been released?????????? They will call when it is?????? Not a happy man :'(
Old 01-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ant 550' post='376981' date='Jan 11 2007, 04:00 PM
Dealer called cip 25.0 is the only fix they don't have the software from BMW they say it hasn't been released?????????? They will call when it is?????? Not a happy man :'(
How long have you had your car? I picked my 550i up on November 17 and everything works fine. I have about 1200 miles on my car now so I would think you picked yours up around the same time as me. I believe they were using 24.0 at that time. I've since heard that a slightly newer version (24.01?) didn't have the eyebrow fix (makes no sense to me). Maybe ask your dealership which version you have and if you don't have 24.0 ask them if they can use that on your car.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by stanatl' post='376985' date='Jan 11 2007, 04:09 PM
How long have you had your car? I picked my 550i up on November 17 and everything works fine. I have about 1200 miles on my car now so I would think you picked yours up around the same time as me. I believe they were using 24.0 at that time. I've since heard that a slightly newer version (24.01?) didn't have the eyebrow fix (makes no sense to me). Maybe ask your dealership which version you have and if you don't have 24.0 ask them if they can use that on your car.
You are correct picked the car up the same week had cip24.0 car when in 2 weeks later to have winter tires put on the servive guy calls says we need to keep you car there are several updates. which is 24.01 they called and said if they go back to 24.0 it will cause other issues??????
I'm going to bug the hell out of them until they are tired of hearing from me. a 70K car this is bullshit.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ant 550' post='376988' date='Jan 11 2007, 04:15 PM
You are correct picked the car up the same week had cip24.0 car when in 2 weeks later to have winter tires put on the servive guy calls says we need to keep you car there are several updates. which is 24.01 they called and said if they go back to 24.0 it will cause other issues??????
I'm going to bug the hell out of them until they are tired of hearing from me. a 70K car this is bullshit.
I'm certainly not a software expert but I don't see how going back to a version that your car came with and is only one version removed from what they are using now could cause "other" problems. Did they say what "other" problems it would cause. I can understand why you are so p.o.'d. Perhaps you should try calling BMWUSA and ask them the question about going back to v.24.0.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Orient Blue

Man, I know how frustrating it is to not have your car and then on top of that to not have the fix. Sorry...

Picked her up... was very irked that they left the car very dirty... will be calling to complain about that, my service advisor, found out from an old friend who works there, that he's not the greatest employee there! But now, with that connection, will be switching advisors.

From what I could tell, the eyebrow was fine. Let's see how the transmission performs.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Members

Originally Posted by octee' post='376996' date='Jan 11 2007, 04:34 PM
Man, I know how frustrating it is to not have your car and then on top of that to not have the fix. Sorry...

Picked her up... was very irked that they left the car very dirty... will be calling to complain about that, my service advisor, found out from an old friend who works there, that he's not the greatest employee there! But now, with that connection, will be switching advisors.

From what I could tell, the eyebrow was fine. Let's see how the transmission performs.
I will be calling BMW tomorrow the manager who I know was it's BMW problem he says call and bug them, REALLY to tell you the truth if I could do it all over again I WOULDN'T. Went though this in 02 and I said never again it's just that they drive so well. But who wants there car in for software issues if this is what I'm in for in the future this car is going I can't stand when a corp like BMW won't step up and keep there cars up to date without writing crap software. Now I have to wait until the new software is issued.

AC in NJ
Old 01-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by Ant 550' post='376845' date='Jan 11 2007, 10:51 AM
The car was dropped off last night, I haven't heard a thing so far. They know that I mean what I say when I will be dealing with BMW I've had issues in the past with BMW. They hounded me to come back after I purchased my 02 E55 so after a just sold that car I took a test drive in a 550 i thought very nice not the power of the E55 but still good enough. In hinesight now that I've found out that the 08 sport will have all these upgrades and the dealer lied to me about any up coming changes I'm not real happy with them. The problem with BMW is they don't give a rats ass what you think until you mention the word lawsuit and you know you have grounds to proceed with one, then the picture starts to change. I don't want to go down that road it's a pain in the ass to do but when you spend 70K for a car and it's 4 weeks old in my opinion there should not be so many issues it's not the first year out. Time will tell but I will be on them like white on rice.
With all do respect, you complain about your dealer in all of your posts,and you have the right to but who is your dealer? You never mention there name. Good luck
cheers
vern
Old 01-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Members

This may answer some of the questions that are being asked. I too brought my car in for service for the so called "slam" effect on November 2, 2006. The "slam" effect was fixed.

After reading all the posts about the eyebrows not working and finding out that I had version 23.02 which is the one that creates the problem with the eyebrows. I brought this to the attention of the service department and they scheduled me in for 24.01 on December 28, 2006.

After 2 days with the car in their service department they were able to fix the eyebrow issue. They had to manipulate their computer to load in 24.00 which corrects the eyebrow issue. 24.01 does not have the fix. What's the deal with that? A newer version does not keep prior fixes? So, I definitely know that 24.01 won't fix the problem. I've read above that the version is now at 25.XX. I'm surprised that the versions have changed already.

Lastly, 2 days ago I had the "slam" happen again. I hope that the 24.00 fix for the eyebrows didn't bring back the "slam" problem.

Very frustrating.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Members

I spent 1 hr on the phone with CS of BMW of America the cs didn't hear anything about this so called eyebrow
issue I spoke at length about this forum and dicussed what can be done. The answer is not what I wanted to hear, he will relay this information on I basiclly told him that BMW Can't fix my car and they have no idea when this new software will be available, his reply was the dealer will contact you when the software is ready. He said he understood my anger but at this point all he can do is pass the info on to the powers that be? I asked him who that was and I could not get an answer. The only thing I can say is all of us who have this issue should start to flood BMW with calls on the issue and maybe it will light a fire under their ass.

Quick Reply: My baby is in for service!