E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My baby is in for service!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 06:45 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Orient Blue

God, I miss my car. I had to take her in for service on Monday for regular scheduled service plus the infamous transmission slam, squeaking seats and the CD changer problem I mentioned on the forum a few weeks ago and she's still there. The service advisor told me it would be a couple days but being without her for these few days has really made me miss her. I'm driving my "old" car, a Volvo S60 and God, I just want my E60 back.

Hoping to have her good as new when she comes back. I finally did my first mod on her over the holidays as well, got the rear reflectors. Took me a few days to get used to them, since I was so accustomed to the "clean" look but I like it a lot more now.

Anyhow, just wanted to whine a little since I know you all can understand how I feel. Will post pics as soon as she's back in action!
Old 01-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

I can sympathize with you on that. Be sure to ask what software version you are running! Also, check if the new software affects your eyebrows. Make sure they are still functional before driving off.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Senior Members

What's the deal with eyebrows?
Old 01-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='376478' date='Jan 10 2007, 03:30 PM
I can sympathize with you on that. Be sure to ask what software version you are running! Also, check if the new software affects your eyebrows. Make sure they are still functional before driving off.
Ugh and I just found out that it won't be ready until tomorrow... :thumbsdown: not happy.

TexaZ3, my understanding is that the eyebrows have gone clear with a recent software upgrade instead of the amber... I'm sure if i'm wrong I'll be corrected.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

You're kinda right. What happens is if it's a certain software version number, I forgot which one, the amber lights on the eyebrow will not function. Of course, there is another software version that will enable the amber lights on the eyebrow again.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 07 550 silver Gray SP PKG, NAV, LOGIC 7, SAT, COLD WEATHER, STEP.

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='376609' date='Jan 10 2007, 08:09 PM
You're kinda right. What happens is if it's a certain software version number, I forgot which one, the amber lights on the eyebrow will not function. Of course, there is another software version that will enable the amber lights on the eyebrow again.
My 07 550 went in for the EYEBROW issue when I get there they tell me ( after showing them several threads from this forum) oh that software update isn't available yet CIP 25.0 is the only fix unless they use old updates to get the eyebrows to work . I gave them an earfull, I made this appointment 10 days ago just for this reason, I told them if the service dept can't find out what's going on with this issue who will. They get all neverous and say they will do their best to fix the issue and call BMW. I told them this car has 1000 miles on it and it's been here three times already for software issues. I'm begining to question why I sold my E55 never had anywhere near as many problems. BTW this is not my first BMW had a 98 528 then a 02 745i which BMW had to buy back because it was in the shop 17 times 45 days. I hope I didn't make a mistake.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:30 AM
Contributors

Thanks vegas, I figured it was something like that but couldn't recall exactly. Waiting on the adviser to get back to me.

Ant550, I think as with anything, there are always going to be cars that have issues, thus lemons. As you can see from these boards, there are many people who have had no issues with their E60's, then there are people that have tons of issues. The larger problem is what BMWNA is doing to fix these problems. Btw, were you able to get your eyebrow issue fixed?
Old 01-11-2007, 05:58 AM
Contributors

Alright so the adviser says my software version is 24.03.05... he's checking on the eyebrow now. I can't believe it's taken then 4 days to service and reprogram the car... sheesh! Seriously, I told him that if he can't figure out the CD changer issue, not to bother since I want my car back TODAY!
Old 01-11-2007, 06:15 AM
Senior Members

Thanks!
My car goes for routine oil changes, etc on 17th, but I have one issue with active steering that they also need to fix. i hope they will not re-program the car with the software that gets rid of the eyebrows. I'm going to let them know before hand.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 07 550 silver Gray SP PKG, NAV, LOGIC 7, SAT, COLD WEATHER, STEP.

The car was dropped off last night, I haven't heard a thing so far. They know that I mean what I say when I will be dealing with BMW I've had issues in the past with BMW. They hounded me to come back after I purchased my 02 E55 so after a just sold that car I took a test drive in a 550 i thought very nice not the power of the E55 but still good enough. In hinesight now that I've found out that the 08 sport will have all these upgrades and the dealer lied to me about any up coming changes I'm not real happy with them. The problem with BMW is they don't give a rats ass what you think until you mention the word lawsuit and you know you have grounds to proceed with one, then the picture starts to change. I don't want to go down that road it's a pain in the ass to do but when you spend 70K for a car and it's 4 weeks old in my opinion there should not be so many issues it's not the first year out. Time will tell but I will be on them like white on rice.

Quick Reply: My baby is in for service!