E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

my 545 smoked a Mustang !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by i<3e60' post='614689' date='Jul 3 2008, 04:07 AM
sigh, all these mustangs drivers just try to overcompensate the fact that theyre driving a cheap car named after a pony, and feel better by trying to beat a truely refined bmw...

but either way win or lose, im driving a bmw and theyre driving a FORD
Old 07-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Members

My 5 beats mustangs all day long ... in looks and quality
Old 07-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bluesky4x4' post='614980' date='Jul 3 2008, 11:19 AM
My 5 beats mustangs all day long ... in looks and quality
any thing is better quality than US cars
Old 07-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='615052' date='Jul 3 2008, 01:29 AM
Is that a dig on the good ol' USA? or Ford, GM and Chrysler?
My Z4 is built here in the US so . . . clarify yourself

That's like me saying anything made in Hong Kong is cheap and low quality.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by NJREDZ06' post='615056' date='Jul 3 2008, 01:36 PM
Is that a dig on the good ol' USA? or Ford, GM and Chrysler?
My Z4 is built here in the US so . . . clarify yourself

That's like me saying anything made in Hong Kong is cheap and low quality.

when I say US car I mean US design make and Z4 is not design in US
well you are right on that the HK built is cheep and crap
same gose for China.
Design in China I will not buy.
made in China I buy.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='615052' date='Jul 3 2008, 01:29 AM
Isn't BUICK the #1 "luxury" brand in your corner of the world?? U.S. cars must not be too bad. And your excuse about "US designed" cars is wrong, too. Are the last 2 or 3 generation Accords and Camrys poor quality cars? Both designed and built right here in the good ol' U.S. of A.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Originally Posted by i<3e60' post='614689' date='Jul 2 2008, 04:07 PM
sigh, all these mustangs drivers just try to overcompensate the fact that theyre driving a cheap car named after a pony, and feel better by trying to beat a truely refined bmw...
Go drive a new Mustang before you spit such uninformed diatribe. FYI, I completely embarrassed a 330i Sport one time in some twisties in my "cheap car named after a pony." I'll give you that previous Mustangs were "a piece of work," but the latest one is so much different and better than anything before it that they aren't even comparable in any fashion. I've owned/driven 4 generations of Mustangs. This latest generation is a very well put together vehicle. The finish may not be up to some people's standard, but the fit and quality is great. I had my '05 Mustang GT for about 3 years and never had a single squeak, rattle, or part falling off. [In contrast, I had my '08 550i Sport for about 4 months before "Engine Malfunction! Reduced power.", "Fuel cap loose.", "Service Engine Soon.", etc. for the first of several times. ]

And I'd challenge anyone here to ponder which one would let them sleep better at night to own outside of warranty.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

I have to agree with GT Premi, Mustangs are pretty fast and don't forget they are also very light that being said I think what's happening here is the driver in the Mustang did not know how to drive it and shift gears as fast the 545i. Last year I beat a brand new Cobra (V8) off-the-line at a traffic light with my 7-Series which weighs probably more than double the weight of the Mustang. The reason I beat it was simple, the guy driving the Cobra could get shift gears faster than the 740i-Spots that I had. Also at the take-off he spun his wheels a bit were my 7 took-off like a rocket. It all depends on the DRIVER not the car.

Originally Posted by GT Premi' post='615227' date='Jul 3 2008, 08:05 AM
Go drive a new Mustang before you spit such uninformed diatribe. FYI, I completely embarrassed a 330i Sport one time in some twisties in my "cheap car named after a pony." I'll give you that previous Mustangs were "a piece of work," but the latest one is so much different and better than anything before it that they aren't even comparable in any fashion. I've owned/driven 4 generations of Mustangs. This latest generation is a very well put together vehicle. The finish may not be up to some people's standard, but the fit and quality is great. I had my '05 Mustang GT for about 3 years and never had a single squeak, rattle, or part falling off. [In contrast, I had my '08 550i Sport for about 4 months before "Engine Malfunction! Reduced power.", "Fuel cap loose.", "Service Engine Soon.", etc. for the first of several times. ]

And I'd challenge anyone here to ponder which one would let them sleep better at night to own outside of warranty.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Black on Black, cold weather pkg, Logic 7 sound, steptronic.

I've smoked several Mustangs with my Dinan flashed 535. I really don't know much about Mustangs, but in a straight line stop light race they are easy prey.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Moopai' post='615230' date='Jul 3 2008, 07:23 AM
I have to agree with GT Premi, Mustangs are pretty fast and don't forget they are also very light that being said I think what's happening here is the driver in the Mustang did not know how to drive it and shift gears as fast the 545i. Last year I beat a brand new Cobra (V8) off-the-line at a traffic light with my 7-Series which weighs probably more than double the weight of the Mustang. The reason I beat it was simple, the guy driving the Cobra could get shift gears faster than the 740i-Spots that I had. Also at the take-off he spun his wheels a bit were my 7 took-off like a rocket. It all depends on the DRIVER not the car.
And that is the issue with Mustangs...................getting the power to the pavement. Yes a good driver can do it great and get awesome times in it. But the flip side seems to be a lot of (how to put this nicely) knuckleheads seem to drive them (same with the mighty Camaro, Firebird, TransAm back in the day) and not to many of them can seem to figure it out how to launch the car correctly. Basically the same issue that plagued Corvettes for years (much better recently).

Quick Reply: my 545 smoked a Mustang !!