E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 525d is on its way!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 03:07 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer just told me that my E60 arrived at the belgian distribution center of BMW and is awaiting transport to my dealer. So within the next 3 days my car will arrive, and I am taking delivery somewhere next week!!!

Here are the specs:
Ti Silver/Black Leather/Auto Tranny/Nav Pro/Comfort Seats/Active Steering/Logic 7/Xenon/Auto AC/PDC/CD Changer/Wheels Style 138/Sport Steering Wheel/Moonroof/Auto-darkening Rear and Side Mirrors/Heated Seats/Rear Sunshades

I guess I am ready for some sleepless nights again???
Old 04-19-2004, 10:16 PM
dvw
Members

Congrats!

Mine will be delivered the 2nd week of may.
You are talking about days, I'm still into weeks
Old 04-20-2004, 04:27 AM
Senior Members

Yeah, I know the feeling. I've been there too! I am glad that the wait is almost over, as soon as my car arrives at the dealer I will be overthere...

btw, what are the specs of you car? Did you order some of the special goodies?
Old 04-20-2004, 05:09 AM
dvw
Members

My specs:

530d
Silver Gray/Beige Leather/Automatic Transm/Servotronic/Nav Pro/Logic 7/Xenon/Auto AC/PDC/CD Changer/Wheels Style 124/Heated Seats/Voice Control/Exclusive Pack

That's about it:
Last week I cancelled the Professional Phone from my order. I will try to have BT installed afterwards (this summer), my dealer told me that during summer BT & Nav Pro will work together. Let's hope so.... <_<
Old 04-20-2004, 06:39 AM
Senior Members

The advantage of still having to wait a month is that you are still able to change your option list. I wanted to get the 3.0 liter engine as well, but I couldn't convince myself to spend the premium for insurance. The insurance of my 330Cic is already horrible (I'm only 24 so they are really charging way to much because of the risk factor).

I am also thinking about ordering the front spoiler from Breyton because IMHO it really enhances the look of the E60. I am just wondering what this is going to cost again. Same goes for the bluetooth retrofit, I also informed about it and my dealer told me that it will be possible (probably around September) but it will cost a lot of money. Most likely something like 2000 EUR. Way to expensive for a bluetooth kit IMO, and you also did a good thing by removing the BMW Phone because personally I find it to be a piece of crap. I also got the BMW phone in my 330 and I hardly ever used it! I guess I will be stuck with my bluetooth headset for some time to come.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:10 AM
Senior Members

I am just back from a visit to my dealer, my car finally arrived, still waiting on the alarm install before I can take delivery which will be on Monday! I guess it's going to be a very long weekend again!

I must say that this car really looks amazing! Here's a small pic of it, can't wait to take delivery!
Attached Thumbnails My 525d is on its way&#33;&#33;&#33;-e60small.jpg  
Old 04-29-2004, 11:20 AM
Members

Interesting...do the lower rear reflectors have a bulb in them or is it reflecting your camera flash?? In US we get black rubber inserts down there and we have to purchase the red reflectors separately...but I didn't think they actually lit up...
Old 04-29-2004, 11:32 AM
Senior Members

It's the reflection of the flash of my camera, that's all.

Just look at the tail lights, the lower part is made of reflectors too and lits up nicely too.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:17 PM
Members

Great looking car and nice specs! Wish we could get the diesels over here. Maybe some day. Looks like they don't put any badging on the car like 525d on the rear trunk lid. They should leave them off all the cars! Enjoy your new ride! Thought the alarm came with the 5 series.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:53 PM
stu
Members

Hi Johan - nice colour ...enjoy it!
I just wanted to add that the diesel ( yours) looks even better with the straight pipes rather than our silly droopy ones..

Quick Reply: My 525d is on its way!!!