E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Must Have Options

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.

I almost bought a very well equipted X5 the other night, but the dealer pissed me off so I walked, but I will be ordering it now so what are my must haves.

4.8 cannot buy this car with the 3.0 after driving it with that engine; Sports Pkg and Premium Pkg; ipod adpter and running boards as well as Technology Pkg(nav and some other stuff) rear climate/one glass. These are the minium, now for the other items that I really would like to add.

1. comfort seats w/active ventilated seats
2. HUD
3. Premium sound/logic 7
4. Sat Radio

I know must of us are E60 owners, I am too, but I could us some adivice here, this car prices out higher than my 550. In fact my first house cost me less and I had a 30 year morgage,

So whats my QUESTION, what options could you live without? AND what options have you experienced and now can't live without?

Thanks
Old 06-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Senior Members

Skip the HUD and the Sat Radio if you already have iPod.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

1. Comfort seats are a must! If they are anything like the one's on the E60, the upper back adjustment is a godsend for my neck.

2. I didn't get HUD on my E60 and I wish I did. Useful for NAV directions and if you shift on steptronic, you will be able to see what gear you're in and not have to look down at the tachs.

3. I like the Logic 7, the sound is clear and it's one of the better manufacturer systems I've heard. Coming from my old car which use to have 2x12" subs in the trunk, I think the under-seat 8" subs have just enough bump. It does sound a lil muddy a times, but the trunk space you save far outweighs bass in my opinion.

4. Like LowOrbit said, if you have an iPod, no need.

5. Comfort Access? That's another option I didn't get on my E60 but I wish I did. I know it's like a $1000 novelty, but I mean if you're gonna be spending 60k+ already, what's another 1 in the bucket?

Good luck ordering your X5!
Old 06-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Ya I was going to say Skip 2 and 4. 1 and 3 is a toss up. for ME... I would take the L7 over the seats but others might prefer the seat over L7... so if you can take both, if not then its 1 or 3. then HUD... skip the Sat Radio... quality isnt all that.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Members

My Ride: Sept '06 535d M sport ,Silver ,Black Dakota Leather,HUD ,TV, Media ,Visibility,Heated F+R seats,Comfort Seats, Active seats ,Sun protection glass,Dark Poplar wood, sunroof ,Elec Sunblinds , Folding mirrors, 19" 172s ,Extended lights Package, Debadged

Originally Posted by jochet' post='441942' date='Jun 30 2007, 10:17 PM
I almost bought a very well equipted X5 the other night, but the dealer pissed me off so I walked, but I will be ordering it now so what are my must haves.

4.8 cannot buy this car with the 3.0 after driving it with that engine; Sports Pkg and Premium Pkg; ipod adpter and running boards as well as Technology Pkg(nav and some other stuff) rear climate/one glass. These are the minium, now for the other items that I really would like to add.

1. comfort seats w/active ventilated seats
2. HUD
3. Premium sound/logic 7
4. Sat Radio

I know must of us are E60 owners, I am too, but I could us some adivice here, this car prices out higher than my 550. In fact my first house cost me less and I had a 30 year morgage,

So whats my QUESTION, what options could you live without? AND what options have you experienced and now can't live without?

Thanks
I know it's only semantics but I never say I "can't live without" something. It's only a bloody motor car after all.

But I instead I "wouldn't buy without" some options is a better way to express my personal feelings.
Out of your list the comfort seats and the HUD are my must order options on a new 5.
I have the active seats , but don't really use them , but I would like the ventilation option for hot days.

I would love the premium sound but wouldn't be a deal breaker if it had eveerything else I wanted ( ie the spec I have now.)

Sat radio doesnt exist as an option in the UK.....
Old 06-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

HUD is wonderful.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Senior Members

Comfort Seats
Nav
Hi Fi Sound (Standard US)
Folding Mirrors

I've never driven with HUD so I don't know what I'm missing but TBH with an auto box which I rarely have the need to drive in step mode and professional nav with voice I would see the advantages to me as being limited.

ABC
Old 07-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Members

My Ride: '04 545i w/6MT, Cold Weather Package,Sport Package,Sunshades,Blk on Blk,Stock For Now

Getting those options now will only add to resale value, and will probably make you enjoy the car more... but if you're ordering it, you should always order what you want, otherwise, go find one for cheap on another lot...just my 2 cents...
Old 07-01-2007, 11:16 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by specialk396' post='442412' date='Jul 2 2007, 07:36 AM
Getting those options now will only add to resale value...
Interestingly/annoyingly, options have almost NO effect on resale vale in the UK second hand market.

ABC
Old 07-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Members

My Ride: 535D M Sport Space Grey, Comfort Seat, full leather, iPod, climate pack, comms pack, heated seats, tinted windows, sports gearbox + paddle shift, 19" wheels

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='442420' date='Jul 2 2007, 08:16 AM
Interestingly/annoyingly, options have almost NO effect on resale vale in the UK second hand market.

ABC
I think that some such as sat nav, auto or leather will have an effect but I agree that generally the value of 'extras' is only for the 1st time purchaser.

Quick Reply: Must Have Options