E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

A much better ride

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 08:41 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok guys i do my fair share of moaning and complaining about the e60, runflats, handling you name it.

I thought i would give you a good story for a change. Car is going into dealer on monday for new turbo, stiff steering, pdc module and sensor and suspension check, oh and clutch pedal squeak.

Well i got a call today to tell me that all the parts for the clutch pedal were not in and did i want to leave it so that all the work could be done in one visit. I tols them that since it was just a bush in the clutch assembly i would bring it in on monday and get the bush done later. The guy said that since i let the mechanic hear the squeak over the telephone! He had called bmw and they said just to change the whole pedal assembly, so it was on back order. I still said i was wanting most of the work done on monday.
Guy called me back and said bmw had authorised a free hire vehicle and just to bring it in today. Anyway car is now in with bmw and i have a free hire car for 1 week. Good service or what.

Now the second part of the story, i get a 525d e60 3 months old mtech model. Well it seems they do still make some good cars. I love the auto box. But more than that i can now confirm the steering is much much lighter than my 04 model.
And the best bit to last, it has mtech sport suspension and runflats yes, runflats. It sits on the road wonderfully not too firm just perfect, the runflats are good year nct5. Now this car is better than my old 39!

My advice for all the guys getting a new car, go for mtech sports suspension cause it is 10 times better than standard sport suspension. So why can we not get it retrofitted?

Oh i forgot to mention it is running on 17 inch wheels.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

The '07 model E60 have the "sensotronic" (not sure about this term) steering that the '04 didn't have.

I love the auto as well and I have heard that the sport suspension is not that hard, depending on that
roads you drive, of course.

Who said that the sport suspension is not retrofitted, overhere it can be orderd.

In my meaning the 17" 225/50 tyres are the best choise for a E60, in the comfort/looks compromize.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:52 AM
Members

sports suspension and mtech sports not the same mtech more lowered and firmer. I have sports on my e60 and it is not as good.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport, carbon black, media pack, visibility pack, grey leather, heated seats, sun protection glass, voice control, Eibach ProKit, 19" 166 style wheels, e-maps ECU remap to 325hp and 640NM, top speed limiter removed

Originally Posted by fraseman999' post='398066' date='Mar 3 2007, 06:52 PM
sports suspension and mtech sports not the same mtech more lowered and firmer. I have sports on my e60 and it is not as good.
All the 200 something quid for the sportier setup on an SE buy you is a set of M-tech springs. The real difference to the full M-sport suspension are the different shocks and bigger and stiffer ARB's that make the most difference in tidying up the cornering.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by olli_535d' post='398080' date='Mar 3 2007, 09:34 PM
All the 200 something quid for the sportier setup on an SE buy you is a set of M-tech springs. The real difference to the full M-sport suspension are the different shocks and bigger and stiffer ARB's that make the most difference in tidying up the cornering.
Needs no comment.

For those how can read see olli's signature: Eibach ProKit