E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mtech front bumper retrofit question

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06' BMW 530xi

I just bought the mtech front bumper cover ... can i use the parts from my stock bumper or do i need to buy seperate parts for the retrofit? thanks for your help
Old 12-30-2010, 08:44 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Originally Posted by Krazi Bluntz
I just bought the mtech front bumper cover ... can i use the parts from my stock bumper or do i need to buy seperate parts for the retrofit? thanks for your help
Is it a factory oem Mttech bumper or is it a replica Mtech bumper? A lot of the aftermarket bumpers come with the needed parts and then you modify the rest of your parts to fit. With the factory bumper there are several parts that are made just to fit the factory Mtech bumper, some of which you can modify the stock parts to fit.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by healthservices
Is it a factory oem Mttech bumper or is it a replica Mtech bumper? A lot of the aftermarket bumpers come with the needed parts and then you modify the rest of your parts to fit. With the factory bumper there are several parts that are made just to fit the factory Mtech bumper, some of which you can modify the stock parts to fit.
Its an oem mtech front .. do you know what parts I could reuse from the stock bumper by any chance or what parts I have to get inorder for it to fit right? Thanks
Old 12-31-2010, 12:44 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Maybe the installation instructions could help you out along the RealOEM:
- MTech Installation Instructions
- www.realoem.com
Old 01-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

anazafin that mtech pfd looks technical. thats not the same for say installing a trinity or umnitza bumper? i assumed it was just str8 unbolt rebolt for those replicas?
Old 01-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Senior Members

This might help:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/932...1#entry1101951
Old 01-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by inktoxicated
anazafin that mtech pfd looks technical. thats not the same for say installing a trinity or umnitza bumper? i assumed it was just str8 unbolt rebolt for those replicas?
I don't know about replicas, but there are some things you just need to do with the complete OEM Mtech front bumper kit, like support parts, air guide parts and other little stuff. But it's still not difficult.

- Antti -
Old 01-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Anzafin
I don't know about replicas, but there are some things you just need to do with the complete OEM Mtech front bumper kit, like support parts, air guide parts and other little stuff. But it's still not difficult.

- Antti -
I found a diagram of my stock bumper http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0 .. but I don't know what parts I can use from it and what new parts I have to buy .. the pdf with the mtech install has the name of the part but no part numbers
Old 01-07-2011, 01:31 AM
Contributors

Oops, sorry. My RealOEM link was bad.

You'll need pretty much everything from "1. Front bumper trim parts list" for a complete install, except the license plate holder and dummy plugs (if you have the headlight washing system).
I meant to post this link for the RealOEM. You can check the part numbers there.

And from the "2. Side member and air guide trims parts list" you'll need parts AT -> AZ. Part numbers for those parts for your car you can check here.

There's not much you can use from your standard bumper.

- Antti -
Old 01-07-2011, 05:26 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by Krazi Bluntz
Its an oem mtech front .. do you know what parts I could reuse from the stock bumper by any chance or what parts I have to get inorder for it to fit right? Thanks
Very few if any at all. The OEM mtech bumper grille has three separate pieces with interchangeable parts for Night Vision and Active Cruise Control components. Also, the foglamp parts may be different. Some vendors can sell you a the replica mtech bumper w/foglamps already installed. You can PM them to get a quote.

The replica mtech bumper has a one piece grille. If you have NV or ACC you will have to modify the grille to fit these components - from the close-up pics I've seen it appears a bit risky. Also, the replica mtech bumper does not have the slots for the side reflectors (on LCI cars).

Quick Reply: mtech front bumper retrofit question