E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MP3 problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 12:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I have been driving my 530D for 1.5 years now and I can tell you that I am a very happy person.
The only thing that really annoys me is the fact that I have ordered the car thinking it would have mp3 playback.

When I bought it the people of the garage told me MP3 playback would be available in the next software release. Needless to say that each software release that popped up ended on my car ASAP. So I think I have been through 4-5 releases since I bought it. Deploying a release means bringing the car in for a full day and of course paying for the bloke that installs it.
Last Monday I have asked them to flash it again as I heard that this release would really have it.
It is not hard to imagine the disappointment I had when I plugged in a normal CD-ROM, burnt with the proper specs containing a good selection of my favorite tunes.....
it didn?t work again.

Right after this I called up the importer for Belgium and asked for the customer service department and raised a complaint for this. Without too much hassle they took note and told me to get back to me when they have more information. Their preliminary findings were that cars deployed with a professional radio + GPS combined with a CD-changer couldn't have MP3 playback..

WTF ?????? How DUMB is that ????? They could have f-ing told me this when I bought it.
Or give me the possibility to plugin my iPod or something

So now my question, is there anyone out there that can confirm/deny this ?
Is it possible to have MP3 playback with a cd-changer and a prof radio ???

If this is true I wouldn't mind starting to gather complains on this and pass these onto BMW Germany
This is just a joke :thumbsdown:
Old 02-27-2006, 12:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bvandebroek' post='246547' date='Feb 27 2006, 11:10 AM
[...]
Their preliminary findings were that cars deployed with a professional radio + GPS combined with a CD-changer couldn't have MP3 playback..
[...]
I doubt this is true. If I am not mistaken last software also works on CCC (pro nav) equiped cars. Make sure this is true, searching this forum.

My car has mp3 capabilities since version before last, but I have M-ASK (pro radio+bus nav+logic 7).
Old 02-27-2006, 12:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by big_ipaq' post='246550' date='Feb 27 2006, 10:33 AM
I doubt this is true. If I am not mistaken last software also works on CCC (pro nav) equiped cars. Make sure this is true, searching this forum.

My car has mp3 capabilities since version before last, but I have M-ASK (pro radio+bus nav+logic 7).

Hi,

I have
Logic7, proffessional radio, GPSnav with maps and a 6 cd-changer.
They have told me that MP3 playback was unavailable because I have a 6 cdchanger
Old 02-27-2006, 12:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bvandebroek' post='246547' date='Feb 27 2006, 09:10 AM
Their preliminary findings were that cars deployed with a professional radio + GPS combined with a CD-changer couldn't have MP3 playback..
No, I don't think this is correct.

*However*, only updating the CIP will not get you mp3, your dealer needs to perform the steps attached in the bulletin below.

Also, the bulletin states this is only for cars produced after March 2005, but many members here have reported that cars produced before this date can have mp3 too if the dealer carries out these instructions.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
mp3_e60.pdf (12.4 KB, 133 views)
Old 02-27-2006, 01:03 AM
Members

Originally Posted by browellm' post='246554' date='Feb 27 2006, 10:41 AM
No, I don't think this is correct.

*However*, only updating the CIP will not get you mp3, your dealer needs to perform the steps attached in the bulletin below.

Also, the bulletin states this is only for cars produced after March 2005, but many members here have reported that cars produced before this date can have mp3 too if the dealer carries out these instructions.

Hi,

Thanks for the update

So you can play MP3's on your e60 with Profradio, pro NAV, CDchanger, logic7?

cheers
bert
Old 02-27-2006, 01:13 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bvandebroek' post='246556' date='Feb 27 2006, 10:03 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the update

So you can play MP3's on your e60 with Profradio, pro NAV, CDchanger, logic7?

cheers
bert
My car is going in Friday for service, they are going to attempt it then.

However if you go to This thread I think you will find others who have been able to do it with similar specifications.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Members

My Ride: 530d Touring '04

Originally Posted by bvandebroek' post='246547' date='Feb 27 2006, 10:10 AM
Hi,

I have been driving my 530D for 1.5 years now and I can tell you that I am a very happy person.
The only thing that really annoys me is the fact that I have ordered the car thinking it would have mp3 playback.

When I bought it the people of the garage told me MP3 playback would be available in the next software release. Needless to say that each software release that popped up ended on my car ASAP. So I think I have been through 4-5 releases since I bought it. Deploying a release means bringing the car in for a full day and of course paying for the bloke that installs it.
Last Monday I have asked them to flash it again as I heard that this release would really have it.
It is not hard to imagine the disappointment I had when I plugged in a normal CD-ROM, burnt with the proper specs containing a good selection of my favorite tunes.....
it didn?t work again.

Right after this I called up the importer for Belgium and asked for the customer service department and raised a complaint for this. Without too much hassle they took note and told me to get back to me when they have more information. Their preliminary findings were that cars deployed with a professional radio + GPS combined with a CD-changer couldn't have MP3 playback..

WTF ?????? How DUMB is that ????? They could have f-ing told me this when I bought it.
Or give me the possibility to plugin my iPod or something
So now my question, is there anyone out there that can confirm/deny this ?
Is it possible to have MP3 playback with a cd-changer and a prof radio ???

If this is true I wouldn't mind starting to gather complains on this and pass these onto BMW Germany
This is just a joke :thumbsdown:
Hi!

Check out this thread:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&showtop...ndpost&p=246802

You have to explicitely request them to upgrade the mp3 capability as well. This is not atumatically done by a CIP/PROGMAN update.

Works fine on mine

Good luck!

/Henrik
Old 03-01-2006, 05:07 AM
Members

Thanks !
I will have CIP 21 installed in a few days, will let you know how it goes
Old 03-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 and F10

hi
i see that you are also from belgium
my car doesnt have mp3 as well.
Do you already have dutch language menus???I asked them, but they said it will be asap avaible.

regards
Old 03-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Members

I dont have the software installed yet but I heard that dutch menus should be available in this release

Quick Reply: MP3 problems