E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

mp3 with Nav Pro

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 01:57 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

It is early in the morning and I ahve been up all night
Had some time to surf the web
looked at e90post.com and they had a topic on mp3's and someone stated that CIP 20 enabled the mp3 capability on cars with Nav
I know - it is the three series but that may give hope to some

BTW-there are some it is a good site, but there are some really vulgar posts on the stie
Old 01-06-2006, 01:58 AM
hkr
Members

My Ride: 530iT-04, 6-speed, light grey, navi-pro, logic 7, beige leather, wood trim, comfort pack, sport pack, light pack.

I've heard the same thing - haven't been able to confirm it yet.

530iT, nav-prof
Old 01-06-2006, 03:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 525D, auto, xenon, navsat pro, brown leather, pd, hifi, heated seats, sun-screens

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='219419' date='Jan 5 2006, 11:57 AM
looked at e90post.com and they had a topic on mp3's and someone stated that CIP 20 enabled the mp3 capability on cars with Nav

BTW-there are some it is a good site, but there are some really vulgar posts on the stie

My dealer is claiming it will work with cip 20. I have nav pro as well (6/2005) and am dying to get mp3 capabilities. But then again, my dealer claimed the same thing with 19.2.3 I'm waiting for somebody to actually confirm it will work as I kinda don't trust my dealer anymore. Too much confused people out there (on this topic ;-) that is)
Old 01-06-2006, 06:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by etmaniac' post='219955

My dealer is claiming it will work with cip 20. I have nav pro as well (6/2005) and am dying to get mp3 capabilities. But then again, my dealer claimed the same thing with 19.2.3 I'm waiting for somebody to actually confirm it will work as I kinda don't trust my dealer anymore. Too much confused people out there (on this topic ;-) that is)
[/quote]
Come on, be a guinea pig for us . I may do it as soon as I can confirm dealer has CIP (now called PROGMAN) 20.xx.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:42 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='219996
Originally Posted by dgjk' post='219419' date='Jan 5 2006, 11:57 AM

Come on, be a guinea pig for us . I may do it as soon as I can confirm dealer has CIP (now called PROGMAN) 20.xx.
[/quote]

I am not sure when the dealer gets the new software. I had my car software updated y'day as it were there for an oil change. I thought I will get the latest one - CIP 20. It was loaded only with CIP 19.02.03. I did notice a posting in this forum that CIP 20 was released on December 26, 2005. So when do the dealers get the latest software and how do they receive it from BMW. I hope it is not thru snail mail all the way from Munich to Michigan

In anycase, with CIP 19.02.03, MP3 does not work though the SA claimed it would do. I am sure it will be the same claim with CIP 20.0 too. The technician told me, we may not have MP3 capability until there is a hardware change. That is not good if it is the case. :thumbsdown:
Old 01-06-2006, 06:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Dealers should now be getting the PROGMAN (CIP) updates through their internal network, but it does take some informed action on their part to do so. I believe it is still backed up by a mailed CD but do not know that for sure. There is a series of Hardware and software requirements for the dealers to get to keep current. One baseline system is provided but the dealers need to buy their own additional units if they are doing enough service business to warrent it. I suppose some or even many may not want to make that investment ($3550 per copy). The latest release was just in December 05. Each unit can update as many as 5 cars at one time.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:14 AM
Senior Members

My car is going in Monday for 2 days for a few of the usual faults and will probably get the latest CIP loaded, i will post on Tuesday or Wednesday whether I am able to play an MP3 cd or not.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 535D Sport' post='220081' date='Jan 6 2006, 01:14 PM
My car is going in Monday for 2 days for a few of the usual faults and will probably get the latest CIP loaded, i will post on Tuesday or Wednesday whether I am able to play an MP3 cd or not.
I think you're more likely to have more current software upgrade chance than us here in US market, if simply because of logistics
Old 01-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Well, the e90 can, the e60 can't... officially. BUT: the newest software for the e60 seems to enable MP3 playback on the e60...
Old 01-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, sport, premium, nav, active cruise, shades

My car is in the shop now getting the new software. The dealer tells me without a doubt that the new version will enable mp3 playback on my car with pro nav.....I'll believe it when I see it with my own two eyes! I should have the car back on or around Wednesday and will report back here to let you all know what I find out.

Quick Reply: mp3 with Nav Pro