E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

More info on USB in the LCI

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='404285' date='Mar 18 2007, 02:18 PM
BTW
There must be many who have never compared MP3 and CD audio.

ABC
Just those who don't seem to know how to get CD quality audio on a digital player, that's all.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='404337' date='Mar 18 2007, 09:27 PM
This isn't terribly complicated. For the 5er, the existing aux-in jack has been moved into the console (my article of course is not specific to a specific range of BMW btw).

The USB port is next to the existing aux-in, whether it's been moved or not (again, depends on range).
Ah... I see. The existing AUX IN jack can be moved anywhere in the vehicle to a new position. so that it no longer exists where it previously existed...

That explains it.

ABC
Old 03-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Members

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='404341' date='Mar 18 2007, 05:32 PM
Ah... I see. The existing AUX IN jack can be moved anywhere in the vehicle to a new position. so that it no longer exists where it previously existed...

That explains it.

ABC
I agree with JSPIRA, he knows his stuff and is often the first person to see/test these things from BMW. He happens to be a best selling author as well as a CEO of a technology, research, and productivity corporation. He gets to "Beta" test things before most people even hear about them. Since you are from the UK you probably did not know this but rather make remarks. I am new to this site as I will be picking my E60 up on Thursday but have frequent other BMW sites and he is the foremost authority on BMW technology without being a direct employee. Also, why would you ever ask a dealer anything? They no less than we do and hear it from us.....
The adapters will be moved as JSPIRA said and the cables can be replicated without buying from BMW.... simple enough.
Best of luck.

Oh and flame me all you want.... you seem to have nothing better to do.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:23 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mapezzul' post='404376' date='Mar 18 2007, 11:48 PM
I agree with JSPIRA, he knows his stuff and is often the first person to see/test these things from BMW. He happens to be a best selling author as well as a CEO of a technology, research, and productivity corporation.
Yadda yadda yadda... Sure but there is no way that, in the 5er as some prefer to call it, the USB interface is placed next to the EXISTING AUX IN as is documented in the learned article.

Sure it's next to ANAUX IN - but in an entirley NEW location.

Seems to be pretty hard to grasp for some.

So agree all you like but you know what? We can all be wrong. Even a CEO etc etc...

ABC
Old 03-19-2007, 12:30 AM
Members

While in my local dealership having my E90 serviced on Saturday morning I had a chance to browse the 5 LCI brochure and as far as it shows, the existing AUX-IN socket remains in the rear of the centre console. If you choose to add the USB 6FL option it adds the USB socket with another AUX-IN inside the centre console - removing the chiller vent in the process. There is absolutely no mention of it removing the rear AUX-IN socket. Whether this differs in other markets I wouldn't like to say but hope it helps. Unfortunately they didn't have any new models in to look at.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Well, I'll be having a closer look on Wednesday as I have been invited to a peep show at my (new) dealer. I'll better bring my camera, right?
Old 03-19-2007, 01:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by narvselius' post='404487' date='Mar 19 2007, 09:24 AM
Well, I'll be having a closer look on Wednesday as I have been invited to a peep show at my (new) dealer. I'll better bring my camera, right?
Those without credentials seem to be expecting two AUX INs.

An EXISTING one and a NEW one.

ABC
Old 03-19-2007, 06:56 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='404490' date='Mar 19 2007, 05:31 AM
Those without credentials seem to be expecting two AUX INs.

An EXISTING one and a NEW one.

ABC
I would be happy if I am mistaken about this - we would get two for the price of one!
Old 03-19-2007, 07:19 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='404565' date='Mar 19 2007, 02:56 PM
I would be happy if I am mistaken about this - we would get two for the price of one!
Peace

ABC
Old 03-19-2007, 09:26 AM
TC.
Members

My Ride: 535d m sport - 9 Weeks to go!!

Originally Posted by NewBMWFanatic' post='404480' date='Mar 19 2007, 08:30 AM
While in my local dealership having my E90 serviced on Saturday morning I had a chance to browse the 5 LCI brochure and as far as it shows, the existing AUX-IN socket remains in the rear of the centre console. If you choose to add the USB 6FL option it adds the USB socket with another AUX-IN inside the centre console - removing the chiller vent in the process. There is absolutely no mention of it removing the rear AUX-IN socket. Whether this differs in other markets I wouldn't like to say but hope it helps. Unfortunately they didn't have any new models in to look at.
Ureka! Someone else who has actualy seen the brochure!!!!!! No where in the new brochure does it suggest that adding a USB with AUX-IN deletes the one at the back of the tunnel - and when you think about it, it also has 2x12 volt power supply points as well as the AUX IN.......

Quick Reply: More info on USB in the LCI