E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

more about my friend who thinks we are fanatics

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 04:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

Got my car today and my friend who thinks we are fanatics here called me to ask how the car was. Told him great and I was going to post here. He said he could not see a reason to come back here. Then we talked more about the cars and he had some questions about his e60. I saw the answer to all of his questions here on the site in the past. OH well. Didn't tell him. He wants to search the manual. LOL
Old 12-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='207648' date='Dec 5 2005, 08:53 PM
Got my car today and my friend who thinks we are fanatics here called me to ask how the car was. Told him great and I was going to post here. He said he could not see a reason to come back here. Then we talked more about the cars and he had some questions about his e60. I saw the answer to all of his questions here on the site in the past. OH well. Didn't tell him. He wants to search the manual. LOL

funny !
Old 12-05-2005, 04:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black 520i, Black leather interior, Active Steering, DSC, PDC, Ornamental grille, Audio Aux Input

you are wicked. but he got what he deserved for calling us fanatics. i mean, the nerve!
i like to think of us as EXTREMELY COMMITTED ENTHUSIASTS
Old 12-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

But, realistically, its good to spend some time with the manual. Those who have been around a long time get tired of dealing with the most basic questions, and who looks at the FAQ's or searches for answers? I plead guilty of not looking at the FAQ's and not searching sometimes. I have spent some time with my manual and tend to look there first. There are plenty of things to ask about that aren't answered by the manual or are not anwered clearly by the manual. DTC/DSC?
Old 12-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

agreed.
Need BOTH
Old 12-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

Congratulations! Glad to know that it's finally here color looks great...
Old 12-05-2005, 08:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='207689' date='Dec 5 2005, 10:06 PM
agreed.
Need BOTH
fanatic:
noun [C]
a person whose strong admiration for something is considered to be extreme or unreasonable:
a fitness/film fanatic

extreme (GREAT):
adjective
very large in amount or degree:
extreme pain/stupidity/wealth

unreasonable:
adjective
not fair or acceptable:
unreasonable demands
[+ to infinitive] It seems unreasonable to expect one person to do both jobs.

Just for fun:

I plead guilty. My admiration for BMW's and other cars is very large in amount or degree. Being a fanatic doesn't sound so distasteful stated this way. I don't plead quilty to having admiration that is not fair or acceptable. How could my admiration not be fair? My admiration simply reflects my opinions and preferences. And, surely my admiration is not seriously unacceptable. If it was, then I'd be divorced, under arrest, or ostracised by society, etc.

Are we fanatics about the forums. I don't think so since it doesn't seem like we post here because of our admiration for the forums. Are we obsessed with them?

obsessed:
adjective
unable to stop thinking about something; too interested in or worried about something:
Why are people so obsessed with money?
As a society we're obsessed by sex.

The foo sh**ts some here. But, obsessed may be a tad strong. But, "obsessed" raises the issue of why do some of us spend so much time posting? In my case, I think I just enjoy interacting with others in the context of things I am fanatical about--i.e., interested in to a large amount or degree. And, I like playing with words, thinking about interesting things, debating topics politely, playing mind games, etc., etc.

Anyone else?
Old 12-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Contributors

Me too.
This is a fun way to spend lots of time, no money, and not get in trouble with the police.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Ya dont tell him the answer... suites him right! What were the questions tho?

Ya reading the manual is good but surfing this site is better!
Old 12-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='207764' date='Dec 6 2005, 12:06 AM
Me too.
This is a fun way to spend lots of time, no money, and not get in trouble with the police.
Right, we are not doing anything unacceptable. Manana dgjk and other playmates.

Quick Reply: more about my friend who thinks we are fanatics