E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

A month into ownership..

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 07:09 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='658721' date='Aug 31 2008, 10:49 PM
No intimidation intended. To me, it's quite simple (and yes, I'm a moderator so like it or not and agree or not, you should heed these warnings and not get into a pissing contest here with me or any other member.)

Post number 2 in this thread was entirely uncalled for and added absolutely nothing constructive to the thread. I'll say it again, fight the desire to reply and/or have the last word here and simply move on...
I'll take "the last word" for a thousand Rudy and admit fault for post number 2 - I'm man enough to do that. But I'm also man enough to "piss" with anyone who thinks they can do whatever they want and hide behind their so-called authority whenever its questioned. All I asked for was fair treatment in regards to the posts on this thread - and this post is testament that "fair" just ain't happening. I guess I just don't fit in with some of you good-ole-boys

So with that being said I'll gladly accept my banishment from this forum. Hell I might even just sell my E60
Old 08-31-2008, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by pukka' post='658736' date='Aug 31 2008, 11:09 PM
I'll take "the last word" for a thousand Rudy and admit fault for post number 2 - I'm man enough to do that. But I'm also man enough to "piss" with anyone who thinks they can do whatever they want and hide behind their so-called authority whenever its questioned. All I asked for was fair treatment in regards to the posts on this thread - and this post is testament that "fair" just ain't happening.

So with that being said I'll gladly accept my banishment from this forum. Hell I might even just sell my E60
As a moderator, in this case I chose to deal with the root of the problem and that's why you were warned. If you want to be banned, I can make that happen. If you want to take a deep breath, drop it and move on, that'll work just fine too.

It's your call but again, my recommendation is to drop it -- even if you feel it isn't fair...
Old 08-31-2008, 07:28 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 530d XDrive M Sport

Originally Posted by dranged' post='658685' date='sep 1 2008, 11:03 am
+2
Old 08-31-2008, 07:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 06 530Xi

You guys really need to stop getting on this guys case about his car, its really childish of you. As far as the problems you're having try going back to the dealer and see what they say. If not find a credible mechanic who can do the repairs at a lower cost. Try buying what you need yourself online and have someone install whatever needs to get replaced.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by 06530-6M' post='658676
Please refrain from personal attacks against other forum members. There's very little tolerance for this kind of behavior here -- consider yourself warned...
I didn't personally attack any forum member. My original post, sarcastically humorous it was, merely suggested a more appropriate sub-forum to vent his/her frustration.

Throw in a warning to the person who CLEARLY did send a personal attack "see first quote" and I will gladly take my warning (and any leftover popcorn) and go back to watching TV.

There are waaay too many threads on this forum where people have gotten pissed and started name calling. And no moderator showed up let alone issued a warning.

What I'm saying is - that's how I would have handled this situation as a moderator. So Rudy, if you choose to just deal with the "root" of the problem instead of addressing all violators then I DON'T WANT to be a part of this forum anymore.

I think I've made my stance pretty clear. And believe me when I say I am breathing normally - I could care less about being a member here.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:56 PM
Contributors

Can't we all just get along? The OP was talking about his E60 and was trying to get some help/advice regarding his situation.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by pukka' post='658751
With a post that long, you should have included a part where somebody's @$$ got kissed and called it a love story.

No offense - but expressing grief is better done somehere else - at least on a different sub-forum.

But it makes you feel any better........Cheers.
Attack #2:
Originally Posted by pukka' post='658665

That's SENIOR MEMBER freakin, simple-minded idiot to you - MEMBER!
Old 08-31-2008, 08:14 PM
Contributors

I don't think I'll be putting up any posts asking for help if my car turns out to be a lemon...

Old 08-31-2008, 08:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: stock non-sport alpine white '04 530i

dude pukka, first you shoot down this guys post about his time with his car and you start talking about how its in the wrong section (wtf?) and people give you a simple rebuttal, than you call them girly-men and say the lounge is bs (dude its just a place for off topic threads) and now you bicker about being personally attacked since you have no defense left and basically mouth off to a mod (instant ban on the forum i mod at) JUST DROP IT, im prbly the youngest member here and even i think youre acting immature.

and dirksqjaw, im really sorry to hear about the car, i know what you mean about loving it im suprised to hear about e60's actually having these problems, mines at 104k and the only problem on it was a leaking radiator hose, guess you just got unlucky
Old 08-31-2008, 08:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

Dirk's thread belongs on this E60 Discussion subforum. 1. It's a problem related to his E60 and he's asking for advice on what to do next.

Dirk, I think you should sell the car while it's still holding together by a thread and get another one. Most E60's run perfectly so something really serious is wrong with that car. You might want to take it up with the company that sold you that car and see what your options are.

Hope your situation improves and we can see posts from you on how to mod your car!

Quick Reply: A month into ownership..