E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Model Year 2006 deliveries?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 05:52 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gmartin' date='Jan 5 2005, 10:21 PM
New engines do not necessarily mean a new MY. It would make sense to put the new engines in the 3 series for 6 months and see how they are prior to rolling them out in the 5 ers as well.
[snapback]76184[/snapback]

...the new R6 engine has already been available in the 630i since september, and it has been confirmed that it will go into the E60 in the spring builds...

if you own a MY2005 530i today with the current engine and the MY05 in three months from now had a different engine, wouldnt you have some claim? it will probably come down to legalities in the US especially, so I wouldnt be suprised if the MY changes in the spring....

does anyone have access to Centernet? we need to gain access to this database....

we'll find out soon enough though, i cant wait for the NY Autoshow where all the new models will be side by side, it will be decision time
Old 01-06-2005, 07:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by m630' date='Jan 6 2005, 09:52 AM
[quote name='gmartin' date='Jan 5 2005, 10:21 PM'] New engines do not necessarily mean a new MY. It would make sense to put the new engines in the 3 series for 6 months and see how they are prior to rolling them out in the 5 ers as well.
[snapback]76184[/snapback]

...the new R6 engine has already been available in the 630i since september, and it has been confirmed that it will go into the E60 in the spring builds...

if you own a MY2005 530i today with the current engine and the MY05 in three months from now had a different engine, wouldnt you have some claim? it will probably come down to legalities in the US especially, so I wouldnt be suprised if the MY changes in the spring....

does anyone have access to Centernet? we need to gain access to this database....

we'll find out soon enough though, i cant wait for the NY Autoshow where all the new models will be side by side, it will be decision time
[snapback]76300[/snapback]

[/quote]

Hi 630,

Automakers and virtually all manfacturers have disclaimers stating that they reserve the right to change the specifications of their product at any time. Its probably even in the 5ers sales brochure. The only issue for BMW introducing the R6 engine is upsetting prior customers, which is not a small deal. Given that the earliest the engine appears is in the March builds, alot of prior 530 owners (not on this forum) won't realize the difference at least until the fall when 06 model rolls in. I still believe it was a shame to introduce the 530 without increased power. I guess they wanted to entice people to go with the 545.

CVT Benhogan
Old 01-06-2005, 08:41 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CVTBenhogan' date='Jan 6 2005, 11:54 AM
Hi 630,

Automakers and virtually all manfacturers have disclaimers stating that they reserve the right to change the specifications of their product at any time.? Its probably even in the 5ers sales brochure.? The only issue for BMW introducing the R6 engine is upsetting prior customers, which is not a small deal.? Given that the earliest the engine appears is in the March builds, alot of prior 530 owners (not on this forum) won't realize the difference at least until the fall when 06 model rolls in.? I still believe it was a shame to introduce the 530 without increased power.? I guess they wanted to entice people to go with the 545.

CVT Benhogan?

[snapback]76324[/snapback]

hi CVT,

i agree, i think it will hurt the image as much as the legality issue in the US which is why i think they may change the MY...the 530 is underpowered currently for its class and price

...of course I am hoping for the MY change as early as possible because with the info I have found, MY06 will have some changes both in terms of options as well as the exterior change Mr Bruhnke ( ///M division Manager) has alluded to, and Im soo impatient already that I dont want to wait, but I learned the last time to find out EVERY possiblity, and this year there is definitley going to be some type of change between My05 and MY06
Old 01-06-2005, 08:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Not only do they have disclamers on changing specifications, but in addition they have disclaimers on how long a model year can be (less or greater than 12 months) and the right to to change a model year designation at any time.

Also see my signature for my status dates. Was told at order the next production run would be 4th week of Jan 05, but when factory saw the "sold" designation it would be accelerated. Well so far we are still at status 112.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Jan 6 2005, 12:41 PM
? Well so far we are still at status 112.
[snapback]76344[/snapback]

have you spoken to your dealer to get any info on what is going on?
Old 01-06-2005, 09:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Hi 630,

What exterior MY changes are expected? Actually, I'd prefer no exterior changes other than the rear tail lamps. The only option missing is the advanced key.

By the way if you think BMW NA is bad, Audi NA is even worse. Its mind boggling to see how much more you can spec a European versus U.S. model. I'm not even thinking about the engine choice limitations. Geez. In reading the forums, you get the feeling that the US is really falling behind Europe in many areas.

CVT Benhogan
Old 01-06-2005, 09:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by CVTBenhogan' date='Jan 6 2005, 01:28 PM
Hi 630,

What exterior MY changes are expected?? ? Actually, I'd prefer no exterior changes other than the rear tail lamps.? The only option missing is the advanced key.?

By the way if you think BMW NA is bad, Audi NA is even worse.? Its mind boggling to see how much more you can spec a European versus U.S. model.? I'm not even thinking about the engine choice limitations.? Geez.? In reading the forums, you get the feeling that the US is really falling behind Europe in many areas.? ?

CVT Benhogan
[snapback]76365[/snapback]
Except the price!
Old 01-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

have you spoken to your dealer to get any info on what is going on?
Yes. He seemed quite proud to be able to tell me it had moved to status 112 and that it moved forward (according to him) by about two weeks. I was the cause of most my waiting pain as I did delay from my first ordering opportunity in March 03 just to get the HUD. So most of the wait is on my head. Every month my dealers' coupe allotment would come up, they would call, I would ask, "is HUD available?" If no, then wait some more. I was afraid they'd quit asking, assuming I was just a curious onlooker. Once HUD became available, boom, I ordered. Nevertheless, once you order you sure expect people to move out smartly.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CVTBenhogan' date='Jan 6 2005, 01:28 PM
Hi 630,

What exterior MY changes are expected?? ? Actually, I'd prefer no exterior changes other than the rear tail lamps.? The only option missing is the advanced key.?

By the way if you think BMW NA is bad, Audi NA is even worse.? Its mind boggling to see how much more you can spec a European versus U.S. model.? I'm not even thinking about the engine choice limitations.? Geez.? In reading the forums, you get the feeling that the US is really falling behind Europe in many areas.? ?

CVT Benhogan
[snapback]76365[/snapback]
hi CVT,

no one offically is saying what the change is, but the head of ///M said whatever it is, it is noticable and part of the reason that the M5 was delayed.

I am also under the opinion that it may be the rear tail lights into full LED's, it makes sense and its something that they can easily retrofit into the M5 since we know the body isnt changing... i also think that comfort access will be available in the E60 for MY06 as it is being offered in the new MY06 E90 3 series so i have to think that the 5er would get the option too...

as for BMW NA...they s**k, plain and simple... whoever is running the marketing decisions should be fired immediately, as well as whoever hired them...there are so many options and packages we cant have for absolutley no reason (just check my sig) as well as the ability to order an Individual BMW is severly limited if a dealer even knows how to do it...

the US market is BMW AG's single biggest market, but they have allowed BMW NA to dictate what our choices are for too long, and I know people are fed up and going elsewhere, as we should be able to order anything that the rest of the world has the ability to order.. i have been going back and forth with BMW NA on the M-Sport option and still no resolution, the only thing they would say is that it would not be available in the MY05's... to be continued....
Old 01-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Steptronic, Premium, PDC, Logic7

I hope the design change is only LED tail lights - if it is anything more significant than that then I don't know how I am going to get past this car being my last BMW.

Spent $C 80+K including tax 1 year ago and it might already be 2 model years old, have obsolete body style, BT not available, engine obsolete - what else?

Have been thinking about an E90 or X3 for my wife but no way.

Quick Reply: Model Year 2006 deliveries?