E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Model Year 2006 deliveries?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 03:31 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have too much time on my hands and started thinking... I ordered a MY2005 545 the week before Thanksgiving. It is still "on order, status 112." Based on my calculations I rather doubt I will get the car until the middle of March. 3 weeks to build, 4 weeks to transport and 1 week to get through delivery.(if lucky) So I got to thinking it might not be much more of a wait for a MY2006. Anyone know when they start delivering MY2006? Also what changes if any are planned for the US specs?

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Contributors

The week before Thanksgiving and it's still not built?!?

My car was ordered November 11th for a Week 49 production and it's on the ship probably around Panama heading to the West Coast.

Did your dealer not have any allocations until now? What's the production week that it's scheduled for?

Speculation on 2006 cars range from March to September and whether they will introduce the 550i or not. Since the German price list for March was just released and did include the new R6 powered 530i but still the same 545i it might be a 2006 (here in the U.S.) but with the same engine. If I knew the 550i was coming I'd ditch my order and reorder (and yes my dealer is okay with me doing that).

Who knows?

Originally Posted by Wart' date='Jan 4 2005, 05:31 PM
I have too much time on my hands and started thinking... I ordered a MY2005 545 the week before Thanksgiving. It is still "on order, status 112." Based on my calculations I rather doubt I will get the car until the middle of March. 3 weeks to build, 4 weeks to transport and 1 week to get through delivery.(if lucky) So I got to thinking it might not be much more of a wait for a MY2006. Anyone know when they start delivering MY2006? Also what changes if any are planned for the US specs?

Thanks!
[snapback]75692[/snapback]
Old 01-04-2005, 04:07 PM
Contributors

there is a chance that the E60 will go to MY06 in the US this spring when the new engines are introduced...there is also information from the head of ///M that the MY06 E60 will have some noticable exterior change, which was part of the reason that the M5 was held up as ///M wanted to incorporate this change into the M5. The M5 is now in production and reportedly being stockpiled to give time to catch up and the early cars seem to be around March-April time frame for first deliveries, which would coincide with the new engines and possible MY change.
since you are nearly there with this build, if you can wait a couple of more months, you will know for sure if and what the change is...im waiting to see what the change is as well as the possiblity of the M-Sport option in MY06
Old 01-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"

October 2005 for the 1st 06 deliveries?
Old 01-04-2005, 04:55 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Yeah ... don't expect the 06's until September 2005 as per normal schedule. The 7 series wil change to MY2006 due to its refresh but I dont think the E60 or any other model for that matter will be changing over early.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Members

But then what if the MY2007 is going to get another change? And so on. And so on. The one thing that might happen with the 2006 cars is the Euro Vs Dollar issue...how can the prices not go up given the dollar's slide? There is always a good reason to wait for the next best thing. Meanwhile your'e not driving your 545.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:43 PM

[quote name='///M Rakete' date='Jan 4 2005, 07:43 PM']
The week before Thanksgiving and it's still not built?!?

My car was ordered November 11th for a Week 49 production and it's on the ship probably around Panama heading to the West Coast.

Did your dealer not have any allocations until now? What's the production week that it's scheduled for?

The dealer said I ordered the car at the last point it was possible to make changes to the specs. I guess that led me to believe it would be produced shortly thereafter. I'm not willing to wait 6 extra months but thought a lot of manufacturers seem to be bringing out the new models earlier every year. If MY06 is available in April/May it may be worth the wait. If September is the real MY release date, that means all the MY05 owners out there started taking delivery in September 04. Is this true? I thought I saw some signatures that showed MY05 cars that were produced in March/April 04? I could be wrong though.

I have to say this forum is awesome for E60 info.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:02 AM
Contributors

Sounds to me like the dealer is feeding you a line of horse puckey. You can make changes during Status 112 until days before the configuration is frozen and production commences (Status 150). For example my car had already been configured by the dealer (for their stock) and already had an estimated production date of Week 49 (the week after Thanksgiving). We changed the configuration on Nov. 11th and it was built on Week 49, no problem.

Model year 2005 deliveries started in October 2004 (production started in September). It may very well be the case that the 2006 model year will start with March production however. Witness the new 6-cyl engines and AWD in the 525i and 530i. However the German market price list which shows these new cars still shows a 545i and not a rumored 550i. We know a 550i is almost certainly coming as BMW internal documentation already references the designation. When it will show up remains a subject of speculation.

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Jan 4 2005, 10:43 PM
The dealer said I ordered the car at the last point it was possible to make changes to the specs. I guess that led me to believe it would be produced shortly thereafter. I'm not willing to wait 6 extra months but thought a lot of manufacturers seem to be bringing out the new models earlier every year. If MY06 is available in April/May it may be worth the wait. If September is the real MY release date, that means all the MY05 owners out there started taking delivery in September 04. Is this true? I thought I saw some signatures that showed MY05 cars that were produced in March/April 04? I could be wrong though.

I have to say this forum is awesome for E60 info.
[snapback]75779[/snapback]
Old 01-05-2005, 05:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='Jan 4 2005, 08:55 PM
Yeah ... don't expect the 06's until September 2005 as per normal schedule. The 7 series wil change to MY2006 due to its refresh but I dont think the E60 or any other model for that matter will be changing over early.
[snapback]75723[/snapback]

i hate to point out the obvious, but the new E90 3 series is going to be MY2006 in the spring, as is the 7 (refresh AND new engines), and it is not likely that BMW NA will have 2 different engines in both the 525 and 530 in the same model year

and today, from a post on RF (i know but this could be important), a member was told by his dealer that the E60 will go to MY06 with March productions, and there will be no Feb productions now....this all seems to support the info I had reported earlier as well as the timing with the M5 release....
Old 01-05-2005, 05:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Grey Metallic SMG, Black Nasca Leather, Sport Package, Logic7, Comfort Ventilated Seats, Sat Radio, Split Folding Rear Seats

I just orderd, yesterday, a MY05 which is showing the same production code and was told by the dealer the car should arrive within about 6 weeks. Now you got me wondering about the 550, but if you keep waiting you still won't be driving the car. Changes will occur every year.

Enjoy the ride.

Quick Reply: Model Year 2006 deliveries?