E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing Component; Need to Find Out What They Took (Photo)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 05:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While my car sat at the auto yard, someone got into the truck and removed something from the left hand (driver?s) side of the trunk. The cover was removed and there were three wire left on the bottom of the trunk. Two of the plugs were female plugs (they look like RCA type plugs) and one was a square plug. You can see in the photo where it was attacked at the two plastic fasteners.

Any idea what they took? TIA

The car has navigation and satellite radio and the standard radio.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i, Titanium Gray Metallic, Premium Package, Sport Package, Sirius Radio, Xenergie interior light set, Steptronic, Predator ICE, 124 Style OEM Wheels,

My guess is the satellite unit, I believe that is where it is installed
Old 06-07-2006, 06:44 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Chuck W.' post='293844' date='Jun 7 2006, 02:22 PM
The car has navigation and satellite radio and the standard radio.
We assume you'd have noticed if these didn't work.

ABC
Old 06-07-2006, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='293879' date='Jun 7 2006, 10:44 AM
We assume you'd have noticed if these didn't work.

ABC
Good point. Chuck, what works and what doesn't work?
Old 06-07-2006, 07:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='293881' date='Jun 7 2006, 07:46 AM
Good point. Chuck, what works and what doesn't work?
Welllll.....I bought the car for my wife from 2 friends that own a salvage yard. It is damaged on the left side. So, I have not driven it and don't know what works or doesn't. It has 8002 miles on it. Her last car was an Audi S4 that I also had fixed. I enjoy these projects but hate these little hitches.

Old 06-07-2006, 07:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Chuck W.' post='293889' date='Jun 7 2006, 10:23 AM
Welllll.....I bought the car for my wife from 2 friends that own a salvage yard. It is damaged on the left side. So, I have not driven it and don't know what works or doesn't. It has 8002 miles on it. Her last car was an Audi S4 that I also had fixed. I enjoy these projects but hate these little hitches.

Im curious...what do you pay for a car like that. It would be good for spare parts.

Was the car in the salvage yard when the radio was taken? Maybe someone thought is was ok to take components from it because it was in a bone yard.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

i have a few guesses to what might be there...

-BLUETOOTH module
-Sound system amplifier.
- the PDC unit....

(wait ill go see what there is in my trunk and be back)
Old 06-07-2006, 07:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

i opened the rear cover and took this pic....and this is the item that you seem to be missing,,,,
i THINK that this is the sound amplifier but im not sure...im sure some one will soon tell you what it is..
but i know that under my spare tyre there are also a few modules and connections...i sugggest that you check if anything seeems out of order there too....
Missing Component; Need to Find Out What They Took (Photo)-image_97_.jpg
Old 06-07-2006, 08:33 AM
Members

Originally Posted by madoon' post='293896' date='Jun 7 2006, 08:55 AM
i opened the rear cover and took this pic....and this is the item that you seem to be missing,,,,
i THINK that this is the sound amplifier but im not sure...im sure some one will soon tell you what it is..
but i know that under my spare tyre there are also a few modules and connections...i sugggest that you check if anything seeems out of order there too....
I believe that you do not have what I am missing. In the "triangle" area is what was taken. The two plastic screw holders can be seen at the bottom.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Veight' post='293890' date='Jun 7 2006, 08:29 AM
Im curious...what do you pay for a car like that. It would be good for spare parts.

Was the car in the salvage yard when the radio was taken? Maybe someone thought is was ok to take components from it because it was in a bone yard.
The damage is pretty minor. I paid in the mid twenties for it. And, no....who ever took the parts knew they were stealing it. It's a salvage dealer, not a scrap yard.

Quick Reply: Missing Component; Need to Find Out What They Took (Photo)