E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Miss my 550i...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 09:08 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i - Metallic Mystic Blue, Sport Package, STEPTRONIC Auto Transmission, Leather Interior, Power Front Seats w/Lumbar Support, Xeonon Head Lights (Angel Eyes), Park Distance Control (PDC), 6-CD Changer, Adaptive Head Light, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Professional Radio, Premium Sound Package 13-Speakers Logic 7, Weather Band Radio, Voice Control (for Bluetooth Telephone Operatoin), 18" Run Flats, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Flat Tire Monitor (FTM), Moonroof, Fold Down Rear Seats, Hardwired Valentine One

My 550i has been in the shop since Thursday for a mandatory recall on the passenger's side seat airbag sensor (applies to '04 - '06 vehicles). And, probably won't get it back till this Thursday..

They gave me a '09 328i (4-door) and I'm not to happy with it... It's slow to respond, and the sterring wheel is hard to turn, plus the brakes are "touchy"... It's not costing me anything, so I shouldn't complain... but ...

Guess I'm just too spoiled....
Old 07-07-2009, 09:14 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

what the hell is taking bmw so long to fix this problem?! i got my letter too and does this mean also that my 545 will be out of commision a whole week?

damn, this sucks. i should give them a call....
Old 07-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Members

Mine went in for the same recall last Tuesday. I've been driving a Ford Focus rental for a week.... The dealer's actually been great to deal with - they just have a lot of work right now I guess.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i - Metallic Mystic Blue, Sport Package, STEPTRONIC Auto Transmission, Leather Interior, Power Front Seats w/Lumbar Support, Xeonon Head Lights (Angel Eyes), Park Distance Control (PDC), 6-CD Changer, Adaptive Head Light, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Professional Radio, Premium Sound Package 13-Speakers Logic 7, Weather Band Radio, Voice Control (for Bluetooth Telephone Operatoin), 18" Run Flats, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Flat Tire Monitor (FTM), Moonroof, Fold Down Rear Seats, Hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by e6t.lab.rat' post='935224' date='Jul 7 2009, 01:14 PM
what the hell is taking bmw so long to fix this problem?! i got my letter too and does this mean also that my 545 will be out of commision a whole week?

damn, this sucks. i should give them a call....
Over the 4th of July weekend the warehouse was closed and they are still waiting on the part(s).. All I can do is sit tight and be patient. I would call them and make an appt and make sure you get a "free" loaner.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cokeefe' post='935228' date='Jul 7 2009, 01:16 PM
Mine went in for the same recall last Tuesday. I've been driving a Ford Focus rental for a week.... The dealer's actually been great to deal with - they just have a lot of work right now I guess.
Oh, damn!!! And I'm complaining about a 328i ... sorry, I wish your situation was different... GL
Old 07-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

o.k. i just called my s.a. and he told me approximately 4hrs and maybe 6 if software needs to be adjusted/reprogrammed..

op, call your dealer and BIIIOOOTCH!
Old 07-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bradleyjs' post='935231' date='Jul 7 2009, 10:20 AM
Over the 4th of July weekend the warehouse was closed and they are still waiting on the part(s).. All I can do is sit tight and be patient. I would call them and make an appt and make sure you get a "free" loaner.
oh, i see. forgot about the holiday weekend. i'm guessing because this is a voluntary recall that they should offer a loaner at no cost, unsure though.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bradleyjs' post='935233' date='Jul 7 2009, 10:20 AM
Oh, damn!!! And I'm complaining about a 328i ... sorry, I wish your situation was different... GL
No worries - I've driven some real shitboxes in my day. My first car was a bicycle. Every time I drive the 550 I can't believe I'm sitting in a car that nice. Everyone should have to drive a Focus once in a while - keeps it all in perspective on how lucky we are.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:28 AM
Contributors

Although it was a recall, I don't think that my car had any issues as it seemed to be working normally. However, when I was told it might take 5+ days, I asked my SA if I could turn in the loaner and wait for the part(s) and come back in when ready.. He told me that if I sign a waiver, just in case I got into an accident, that it would be OK... I thought better of it and decided to let them keep the car until fixed...

So, keep this in mind before you drop it off. There "could" be a short of parts for this item as I'm sure thousand of cars have been affected.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cokeefe' post='935243' date='Jul 7 2009, 01:27 PM
No worries - I've driven some real shitboxes in my day. My first car was a bicycle. Every time I drive the 550 I can't believe I'm sitting in a car that nice. Everyone should have to drive a Focus once in a while - keeps it all in perspective on how lucky we are.
LOL --- LOL!!! Your perspective is quite true!

Warning: Just don't fall in love with the Ford and switch to the "Dark Side"!!

Quick Reply: Miss my 550i...