E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mismatched Black Interiors

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 05:11 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Sport, Premium, Logic 7, Jet Black, Black Leather, M-Aero Kit, 15% (very dark) Tint, Eichbach Lowering Springs, Red Brake Calipers, Radenergie R-10's, Michelin PilotSport2 in 245/35/20 and 285/30/20, Rolled Fenders, and a nifty Graco Baby Car Seat. Next Up: Xenon fogs, Eisemann Exhaust, iPod Interface, Comfort Seats.

Calling all people with black interiors:

Please join me in screaming about the mismatched black, or tell me I have a bad job done in mine!

The black on the front leather seats is darker than the black of the rear bench seat. The dash looks faded to a burgundy color. The part that hits the knees is spotchy and lighter still. The armrest is darker than the sides of the armrest. The plastic around the heat controls matches the part where the window controls are, and is the darkest of all. Looking around my cabin, I see 5 or 6 different blacks- some reddish, some brownish, some grayish. I am fed up and need anyone else out there to let me know I am not the only one!

Or tell me I have a bad interior job. My dealer actually had the nerve to say, "Well, when you turn your head this way, squint, and look into the grain, it kind of matches. So we can't help you." COME ON!
Old 03-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Hi cman.

I haven't looked that closely at a black interior, but it sounds to me like you are owed some interior work. Good luck.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

i wonder if your car was one of those water damaged cars from katrina... and they put parts that were decent and took out bad parts and had it all cleaned up....just a thought....saw on the news tat alt of dealers or car lots selling these cars off without any disclosure...

also did the colors gradually change through time... or was it like that when you bought it... eric d
Old 03-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Senior Members

I don't have the problems you described.

I recently had the front passenger seat leather replaced by BMW & even it matches the other seats perfectly.

Have you used any cleaning products on the seats or interior? Not that this should cause such inconsistencies, but some products really don't do the interior any good.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:52 PM
Senior Members

I don't have those problems either.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

No problems, all consistent throughout.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

I do see the difference in color not as bad as yours but my dash is black but the front of the dash seems burgandy or has a redish tinge to it and so do the cup holders that they replaced never matched from day one but all seats front and back and center console match.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by cattman' post='256616' date='Mar 17 2006, 09:11 PM
Calling all people with black interiors:

Please join me in screaming about the mismatched black, or tell me I have a bad job done in mine!

The black on the front leather seats is darker than the black of the rear bench seat. The dash looks faded to a burgundy color. The part that hits the knees is spotchy and lighter still. The armrest is darker than the sides of the armrest. The plastic around the heat controls matches the part where the window controls are, and is the darkest of all. Looking around my cabin, I see 5 or 6 different blacks- some reddish, some brownish, some grayish. I am fed up and need anyone else out there to let me know I am not the only one!

Or tell me I have a bad interior job. My dealer actually had the nerve to say, "Well, when you turn your head this way, squint, and look into the grain, it kind of matches. So we can't help you." COME ON!

Do you park outside regularly? I know Atlanta can be brutal on interiors.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:52 AM
Contributors

No problems either! It's all the same throughout the whole car.

Rich
Old 03-18-2006, 04:42 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i(Build 10/04)(SMG)Sport,BlkSapphire,Blk,Anthricite,Logic7,CWP,Comfort Seats,Nav,RearBags,Shades,Sirius,Heated/SplitFoldingRearSeats; '18 540i xDrive, White/Mocha, CWP, DAP, DAP+, Lux. Pkg, Prem. Pkg., Executive Pkg., Luxury Seating Pkg
Model Year: 2005,2018

I cannot detect any difference in the shading of my interior panels. I agree with the notion that if you regularly park outside in direct sunlight, that this could over time cause a shift in the shading of your interior. But, I would think that this would take much longer and a great deal more exposure that you could have possibly accumulated. I think you may have a warranty issue here. Ask your dealer to make an appointment with a BMW representative and have them take a look at it. Also, make sure that you are there when the BMW rep examines the car.

Joe

Quick Reply: Mismatched Black Interiors