E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Mirrors got a mind of their own!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 12:26 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 535d carbon black m-kit panoramaroof with beige nasca interior and wood trim. 172m rims. DimSport Race, SB, SAT

My car (produced sep 07) doesn't have any menu item relating to seats or mirrors. The memory setting for the seats is exclusively by the seat controls on the seat (I have comfort seats).

As to battery. my car is otherwise fine and I've had the problem more or less since I got it 15 months ago so I doubt that is a factor.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:59 AM
Members

My passenger mirror acts screwy as well. It never fully goes to the pre-programmed setting. To fix it, I have to hold the "1" setting on my seat and watch it correct itself. Pretty annoying...
Old 07-30-2011, 08:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2012 535i X-driveSpace Grey/Black Dakota, Fineline Anthracite Trim; Executive Package (Rear View, Lumbar, Nav, Voice, SIRIUS, HiFi Pro) Technology Package (Hi Beam Assist, Lane Departure, Blind Spot Detection, Surround View) BMW Apps (Apps, Smart Pho
Model Year: 2012

There is a spot in iDrive called "last seat position"?? that can be 'deactivated'
My wife and I like the seats in the same position so it didn't matter to us which key was used and I reset the radio presets using both keys. By deactivating the "last seat position" you can also get rid of the dreaded mirror creep on the passenger mirror where it sloooooooooowly changes position over a number of days. While the mirrors don't have their own individual setting, they are affected by this feature.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:05 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i / 475 / LCSW / ZPP / ZSP / 205 / 4BY / 508 / 609 / 6FL

Originally Posted by Gilgorm
There is a spot in iDrive called "last seat position"?? that can be 'deactivated'
My wife and I like the seats in the same position so it didn't matter to us which key was used and I reset the radio presets using both keys. By deactivating the "last seat position" you can also get rid of the dreaded mirror creep on the passenger mirror where it sloooooooooowly changes position over a number of days. While the mirrors don't have their own individual setting, they are affected by this feature.
That works OK, but I fold my mirrors in often. When they unfold, the position gets jacked up.

Michael.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Members

Only way to prevent it is to disable all automatic memory settings. Folding mirrors, last seat position, etc. It just doesn't work.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:06 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Steveo
Only way to prevent it is to disable all automatic memory settings. Folding mirrors, last seat position, etc. It just doesn't work.
I was going to say just that. In IDrive's "i"menu, the "LAST SEATING POSITION" does control the mirrors too. Change it to do nothing and always use the same key and you will never have to change a thing.