E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

In Michigan last night

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 11:35 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 550i AW - every option

Originally Posted by i<3e60' post='636863' date='Jul 31 2008, 03:17 PM

i only mess around in my family civic, and thats in empty parking lots only

and to the whole education in the us thing, ill say this since im probably the only one here who attends public school, the school system really doesnt have anything to do with the stupidity or the actions of a person, i mean from what i see the people who act stupid and do stupid things CHOOSE to do it, they ditch, get a d average and just dont care, even if the school system was improved, what would it help if they wont participate anyways right? vice versa, i have a friend who isnt the brightest bulb in the bunch, but he TRIES, he'll always call me asking me to help him with math or what the meaning behind the story we read in english was about, he manages to pull about a b average, me personally i dont really try, sleep in class, and do "bad things", i just do the minimum requirements, but im not bragging or anything but id say im in the "smarter group" and get away with a's and b's. now if the school system got any harder how is it fair to my friend? he gives his effort and tries, but if the school is just hard, how is he going to keep up, or even more important, graduate? guys if you want to bag on the us school system, please shut your mouths right now, because i know plenty of families who would be glad to move here just so their children can get a decent education, i dont know any other country with such a great PUBLIC education system, i see it as a privilege, not a right.

so to wrap it up,
- the only thing our education system is lacking is money
-if the school systems got any harder, people wont graduate, there wont be as much employment since education is an absolute requirement now, which inturn means less money, which means more ghettos, more wellfare, more poverty, which will make a horrible country, guys if you look at all 3rd world countries, the education is only for the insanely rich

"the only thing our education system is lacking is money
-if the school systems got any harder, people wont graduate, there wont be as much employment since education is an absolute requirement now, which inturn means less money, which means more ghettos, more wellfare, more poverty, which will make a horrible country, guys if you look at all 3rd world countries, the education is only for the insanely rich"

False. Its not just for the rich in other countries for the record. My upward lineage was not rich, by any means. My uncle is one of the top neurosurgeons literally on Earth. He was raised in some outskirt ass village.

I do however agree that it is money. Proper funding is what it needs. 100%.
Lack of funding yields poor educational quality, from day one - therefore resulting in poor child development, leading to F-tard adults.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:42 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Senza007' post='636871' date='Jul 31 2008, 03:29 PM
First of all....nutty mcnutty, I am not ignorant. Second, I am only saying that I dont appreciate the fact that someone is laughing about things America lacks (laughing in a way that suggests they are so much better than us) whether it be Education or a non dumb f-ck president...when their country lacks just as much.....must be SOMEEEEEEEE reason you left right?! Research? I have a few Indian friends who have told me reasons why they have left that country....so yeah I have my research. I am not saying this educational system is good because it is not great and needs improvement, all I am saying is do not come to a country and bad mouth it and say all these things are wrong if you wanted to come here.

I know many people not from this country. I have a lot of friends not born here....but they dont sit there and bad mouth MY country and I do not bad mouth theirs.

First of all guy, no one's laughing at it. I thought I made it evidently clear about my position in regards to the great attributes of this country, and my patriotism.
I have cousins who are first generation actively serving as well. When I see BS come from peoples mouths about "why did you come here then" just because we're only one generation, pisses me off.

Sit back and think about what you're saying. My family came here in the 60's for more opportunity than what was offered at home. Land of the free, home of the brave. Free enterprise. It pisses me off when people start hating on 'foreigners' because we took advantage of it while generations of others took it for granted and stood by watching us handle things for their true worth.

its just as much MY country as its "YOUR" country, and for the tenth time it isn't badmouthing - its called realization and accepting whats happening, and thats the start to problem resolution.

I actually get really pissed off MYSELF when i come across other first generation people like myself who actually DO badmouth the country based on current foreign policies. As far as Im concerned, keep that shit on the other side of the world and away from my F'n home and country. I could care less.
If I wasn't such a pansy about dying, I'd be fighting too out there, but I know I dont have the balls to do it myself.

Love for all and hate for none from my end.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: stock non-sport alpine white '04 530i

Originally Posted by za3879' post='636878' date='Jul 31 2008, 02:35 PM
"the only thing our education system is lacking is money
-if the school systems got any harder, people wont graduate, there wont be as much employment since education is an absolute requirement now, which inturn means less money, which means more ghettos, more wellfare, more poverty, which will make a horrible country, guys if you look at all 3rd world countries, the education is only for the insanely rich"

False. Its not just for the rich in other countries for the record. My upward lineage was not rich, by any means. My uncle is one of the top neurosurgeons literally on Earth. He was raised in some outskirt ass village.

I do however agree that it is money. Proper funding is what it needs. 100%.
Lack of funding yields poor educational quality, from day one - therefore resulting in poor child development, leading to F-tard adults.
hmm well lets see, 3rd world countries do not have public education systems, right? so private schools eh? private school= money, now maybe i shouldnt have said "insanely rich" but youll need to make a good amount of money. im not being racist but ill use india as the example since the stats are right there, if the poverty level is over 80% only 20% can possibly afford an education, but on top of that, just because your not in the poverty level, it doesnt mean youre still well off, i mean there has to be alot of people right above the poverty line within that 20% right? so youre telling me 15% of a nation getting an education, good or not, is a good percentage?

as for the money topic, you are so wrong, how are people who went through 4 years of education to educate be possibly stupid? especially if they major in ONE topic to teach until retirement? poor child development is the parents problem not the teachers so dont blame the education system for having "f-tard" adults, if you ask me these "ftards" are alot smarter and have better judgement than uneducated sweatshop workers who cant even READ. when i said the education system needs more money, i meant for hiring more teachers so the classes dont have to be packed, school sports can get some money so that we dont have to wear the same football pads our dads did, teachers dont get laid off, the school can actually get a fresh coat of paint every 10 years instead of 20, etc.

your views are very biased and ignorant.

edit, if you need to ask me why, since youre calling just about anyone from the american education system an "f-tard", dont realize teachers need to be qualified to teach, and money is for the students so they can have a nice school.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525I/TITANIUM SILVER METALLIC/GREY LEATHER INTERIOR/EURO RED REFLECTORS/20% TINT/EURO STICKER/BMW CCA STICKER

convo is done lets stop stealing this thread. GRACIAS CHICOS.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Lets cool it down here. These boards are a shared resource, used by members of many countries. Debating whose more American, why the country is faltering, yadda yadda is best left to political forums, or perhaps the lounge section here. Let's try to keep on topic - and the topic for those that have forgotten is an E60 driving jerk being, well, a jerk toward the OP.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:03 PM
Members

Originally Posted by E60freak' post='636743' date='Jul 31 2008, 12:20 PM
If you guys think that the educational deficit is an American problem, well think again. I live in Canada and let me tell you that education here is deteriorating as well and it can be explained by simple factors.

First of all, we have the lack of authority given to schools and teachers. Back in the day teachers had authority over students and this made kids respect school and authority, hence you had to learn and learn it all, failing would get you in serious trouble with your parents and with your school.

Today, with the excuse of protecting students, teachers can't have a say and if a kid is reprimanded the parents show up to school the day after defending their little babies, claiming it was unjustified and reprehensive.
I know two teachers in the south Florida public school system that fully agree with you.
Unfortunately I had to listen to this discussion on numerous occasions. She has repeatedly stated that there are a handful of students who are at school and really want to learn, a couple of handfuls that are there and will work to pass and a handful that does nothing but disrupt the class or sleeps through the class almost everyday.

There have been many discussions where she has stated that once she brings the parents into the parent teacher conference that the student is respectful and pays attention for about 1 day afterwards and then is back to disrupting the class and sleeping. The one story about the parent who commented to her about where is she suppose to find the time to tutor her son when she doesn't understand the material he is working on to begin with and that this is the teachers job to teach and is why she pays taxes. I think the education system is capable of educating the students with a fair graduation rate without any additional funding. From what I have heard it is a matter of the students wanting to learn and the parents taking an interest in their child and doing what ever possible to assist them when they don't understand the material.

Sorry za3879 for the highjack, I will step down off the soap box now
Old 07-31-2008, 12:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by i<3e60' post='636892' date='Jul 31 2008, 03:46 PM
hmm well lets see, 3rd world countries do not have public education systems, right? so private schools eh? private school= money, now maybe i shouldnt have said "insanely rich" but youll need to make a good amount of money. im not being racist but ill use india as the example since the stats are right there, if the poverty level is over 80% only 20% can possibly afford an education, but on top of that, just because your not in the poverty level, it doesnt mean youre still well off, i mean there has to be alot of people right above the poverty line within that 20% right? so youre telling me 15% of a nation getting an education, good or not, is a good percentage?

as for the money topic, you are so wrong, how are people who went through 4 years of education to educate be possibly stupid? especially if they major in ONE topic to teach until retirement? poor child development is the parents problem not the teachers so dont blame the education system for having "f-tard" adults, if you ask me these "ftards" are alot smarter and have better judgement than uneducated sweatshop workers who cant even READ. when i said the education system needs more money, i meant for hiring more teachers so the classes dont have to be packed, school sports can get some money so that we dont have to wear the same football pads our dads did, teachers dont get laid off, the school can actually get a fresh coat of paint every 10 years instead of 20, etc.

your views are very biased and ignorant.

edit, if you need to ask me why, since youre calling just about anyone from the american education system an "f-tard", dont realize teachers need to be qualified to teach, and money is for the students so they can have a nice school.
Disclaimer:

This is my last response to the discussion which got off topic...regardless of what responses are posted.

Who said 3rd world countries dont have public schools? There are PLENTY of public schools. My parents didnt go to private schools. I work in an office full of indian freshies who all went to public schools. Wherever you're getting your information from is lacking quality. If you think that all 3rd world countries are the same, learn more or take a trip somewhere. Education is so highly emphasized in other parts of the world because its the only out to the way their lives are now. Here we (myself included) take things for granted due to a high quality of life most of us are born into. To go so far as to call me biased and ignorant is in itself ignorant. My old man has worked for the Dept of Defense for 30 years, and i had to live in 3rd world countries and have seen plenty first hand. Not exactly ignorant buddy.

Money issue, i'm not wrong actually. people who even MADE it to four year institutions in this country made a decision therefore not falling under the classification as an 'f-tard'. Sorry, but I dont count community colleges as accredited institutions, but mere stepping stones which I'll still give credit towards.
enrollment is dropping nationwide, and reports also show that less and less are shooting for industries we can actually benefit from and get ahead, in regards to technical and otherwise.

Sports pads are really important to quality of education in your opinion? Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard guy.
I do however agree that smaller classes, more teachers, etc. improve the actual quality of education.

My views arent biased or ignorant, they're realistic. I actually am a product of a middle-class public school system (minus years overseas), and a tier 4 state university. So yeah, let me just call myself an F-tard right? If my school had a better quality of education, its highly likely i could have had better opportunities.
Dont tell me that uneducated people act, talk, behave, and carry themselves in the same manner as you do.

I joined this forum for friendly purposes to enjoy a passion with other fellow owners. I dont expect people to jump all over me over random comments but have no issue engaging in lengthy debates at anytime.

Final Words: Although I dont believe I was offensive - My sincerest apologies to anyone who may have been offended by the aforementioned dialogue that has been occurring in the last 4 pages of this thread.

I still hate punks on the road that act like that. Spoiled brats with no appreciation of a fine machine.
'i<3e60' - i will extend a hand of friendship and an apology directly towards you are offended. I have good intentions.

One more day and its back to the boat for the weekend. Happy Thursday.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535i- Steptronic Trans, Sirius Satellite Radio, Bluetooth, BMW Assist, Black Dakota Leather, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package

Originally Posted by JPJ' post='636242' date='Jul 30 2008, 07:31 PM
Sorry to hear your problems. What surprises me is that it someone in another BMW would be that way. Usually it's the beat up old pickup trucks that I worry about for that kind of stuff.

Someday we need to get the "cool" Detroit area E60 folks together at a cruise night or something.
I've been trying to organize a Detroit meet. Go look at my thread in the meet and greet section if you're interested.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 05' 545i

Originally Posted by za3879' post='634897' date='Jul 29 2008, 07:47 AM
If you're in MI and drive a black 545i with tints, and were on Hall road last night around 10pm - you're an idiot.

I dont understand why people act like hard asses to other e60 owners. The guy literally had my car's twin and was about a millimeter from my bumper,
acting all hard ass, circling my car in a confrontational manner.

When I see other e60s, i'm appreciative of the fine vehicle and most of the time i get the head nod - both knowing we're driving fine vehicles.

Does anyone else face such adolescent behavior from a perhaps younger demographic?

Sorry - just had to vent a bit. Too much douchebaggery out here in Detroit.

It was me!!! lol!!! No, not your twin, but your devil twin with red eyes!!! lol...
Old 10-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rrnag30' post='699321' date='Oct 21 2008, 06:20 PM
It was me!!! lol!!! No, not your twin, but your devil twin with red eyes!!! lol...

haha you're blue.