E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Memory seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 12:36 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know you guys, but my very concern from the first time is why the passenger side doesnt have memory seats. It does annoy me everytime. My 2005 E-class has memory for both seats.

And second concern is why BMW always put the memory button on the lower part of the seat. Why cant they design a nice and easy layout like those on Benz (they put the buttons on the door with a nice design layout). For the ease of use I give Benz top notch.

But still, i prefer my bimmer for daily driving .. BMW rules
Old 11-18-2005, 12:40 PM
JC3
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 E90 335i Titanium Silver GONE - 2005 530i Titanium Grey

Originally Posted by Kadonny' post='200224' date='Nov 19 2005, 07:02 AM
Wait a minute. That makes no sense. So if say the BMW service guy changes the seat setting to pull the car into the shop, then pulls it out when he is done and locks it, you are saying the seats will save on his setting if he locks the car with your key?

It should be that each key can be programmed to each seat setting M1 or M2. That way, no matter who drives the car, as long as they do not overwrite M1 or M2, when you get in the car and unlock it, the seats revert back to the M settings.

That is how it is supposed to work. I mean geez, my wifes Expedition does it that way. Simple and the perfect way to do it.
Yes that's what I'm saying happens with my car.

That's what the iDrive setting does, it reverts the seats, mirrors & steering back to the settings that were last used on the key when the car is locked with that key. To get things back to the M positions, you press the M positions themselves and then those settings are activated.

Using your example, what happens if the service guy has to move the car a number of times, does he have to reset his seating everytime he unlocks and gets into the car to move it? If the system was to use the M1 and M2 settings, why does iDrive specifically use the words "last seat position" as opposed to "memorised seat position"?

Reading the manual, my expectations were the same as the original poster's, I expected the car to go back to my memorised settings everytime the doors were unlocked. Experience has shown me the reality of it and I can see the logic in it. You can't keep everyone happy and I think this way is a pragmatic solution.