E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

MAYBE IM PARANOID... But I think something's wrong with my BRAKES!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 06:04 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 04' 545, 6 Spd Manual, Blk Lthr, Sport Pkg, Sport Sts, Logic 7, Cold Wthr Pkg, Full L.E.D. Interior, Red Eng. Cvr, Mtech Front Bmpr, M5 Spoiler, Matte Blk Grill, Red Caps, Slttd & Drlld Rotors, 20
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
So why do you think something is wrong with your brakes because of color or performance?
I swear BMW owners worry about their cars too much when it comes to petty things
Because of the color its just not some thing I've seen before. Im trying this set up for the first time thats why I'm on edge. I went back n forth for days trying to decide whether to get the R1's and Hawks based only on reviews from people who had them thats hard my man. I highly doubt anyone wants to be waistin money to keep replacing parts unnecessarily. I'd rather get it right the first time I love my car but shiiiiiiit I aint into losing money. OEM parts aren't the best, something cheaper could be better, something more expensive may not always be superior to the other two. There's people making a living standing by these parts yea they "vouch" for em but there all salesman right? They can offer there opinion but at the end of the day if its not what "I" 'You" or "They" expected youre not happy right?.... I wouldn't call a concern with my brakes which I spent MY money on petty Im in the break in period so I cant really say how the brakes perform some say they love em others simply dont like em. Until that day comes I feel like they perform better then OEM like so many say I'll agree; I might be one that hates em. Don't take this personal jus had to let you know a concern is a concern there's some things that you may worry about that I don't. Feel me?
Old 10-31-2012, 11:10 AM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

I've been driving BMW's for over 11 years now so trust me, dont worry about something unless it's broken or on its way out. You'll save a lot of money. I've never used OEM parts unless they're proprietary and necessary because there are many better after market parts out there. It's always best to do research though. In the end it's just a piece of metal, glass, rubber, plastic (lots) and special fluids and nothing different. As far as engine oil goes I would stick with OEM because it's cheaper (at least for me) and tranny fluid, go with an OEM spec or something recommended. Brake fluid any OEM spec, radiator....No need for OEM fluid, only on special parts.