E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 01:34 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi all

a few months there was a fantastic thread, explaining why some users of the e60 were not getting the MPG like others.ie poor MPG.

it was suggested that the car was not working at the optimum temperature. so i had my car booked into the dealers to get the main thermo changed, the car now operates at 92 deg. constantly.

the tech guy said that i should really also get an full update for the software from my 2005 to the very latest one, so i paid them to do that too.

now what i have noticed is that my interior lights are not working properly.

the reading lights (the little round ones, near the sunroof controls) in the front, for both the driver and passenger dont work, but the sometime come on for a milli second and then turn off. The ones behind the sun visor dont work at all, and the one the boot comes on for a 1 second when i open the boot and then turns of.

the tech guy said it doesn't have anything to do with the software update. has any body had the same problem, or have any ideas what might be wrong?

And for those who want to know, yes the MPG has improved a lot. i only used to get 300 miles town driving to the tank, but now the car has learnt my drving style after 3-4 tans later it still improving, im now getting 380 miles town driving. based on 65 litres, 380 miles this works out to be 26.5 MPG, but the cars computer still shows 22.9 MPG

can the cars MPG computer be calibrated correctly manually
Old 05-18-2009, 04:33 AM
Members

Originally Posted by parmblagan' post='878090' date='May 14 2009, 10:34 AM
hi all

a few months there was a fantastic thread, explaining why some users of the e60 were not getting the MPG like others.ie poor MPG.

it was suggested that the car was not working at the optimum temperature. so i had my car booked into the dealers to get the main thermo changed, the car now operates at 92 deg. constantly.

the tech guy said that i should really also get an full update for the software from my 2005 to the very latest one, so i paid them to do that too.

now what i have noticed is that my interior lights are not working properly.

the reading lights (the little round ones, near the sunroof controls) in the front, for both the driver and passenger dont work, but the sometime come on for a milli second and then turn off. The ones behind the sun visor dont work at all, and the one the boot comes on for a 1 second when i open the boot and then turns of.

the tech guy said it doesn't have anything to do with the software update. has any body had the same problem, or have any ideas what might be wrong?

And for those who want to know, yes the MPG has improved a lot. i only used to get 300 miles town driving to the tank, but now the car has learnt my drving style after 3-4 tans later it still improving, im now getting 380 miles town driving. based on 65 litres, 380 miles this works out to be 26.5 MPG, but the cars computer still shows 22.9 MPG

can the cars MPG computer be calibrated correctly manually

so there's nobody who has any ideas, come guys LOL
Old 05-18-2009, 09:15 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d LCI, old engine, manual, black dakota, platingrau II, standard (242?) rims.

Originally Posted by parmblagan' post='881845' date='May 18 2009, 02:33 PM
so there's nobody who has any ideas, come guys LOL
You can reset the MPG measure in the iDrive (menu to the right), so that it starts to measure anew.
It will not make it spot on. If you want to, it can be recalibrated in the secret menu. Search for secret menu. But I would suggest to first simply reset in the iDrive.

I have no suggestion about the lights.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Senior Members

When you got you update did the settings for units revert to US Gallons? Regarding the bulbs I would try replacing some of them. Other than that it could be something shorting them out somewhere, i am not sure sorry.

I am glad to hear your mpg is up, mine is about the same also which i am very pleased with.