E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

MAF Air Flow Meter Sensor - 3FF0 Error

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 10:24 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520D M47
Default MAF Air Flow Meter Sensor - 3FF0 Error

Hello.
I have a car BMW E60, 520D, M47, 2006 year.
I always got a 3FF0 which tell me that air flow meter sensor is bad. Because of this, i bought a new genuine Bosch MAF for my car and installed it. The code for it was 0 928 400 529.
I entered with ISTA-D on adaptations and i saw the old values at Idle Speed and Load were 0. I reset them (even there were already 0).

It seems that i bought a new flow meter to no end. Paid for it because it is genuine Bosch about 150 euro.
I did about 100 km extra-urban and 20 km in a city. I put ISTA-D again on the car and surprise, the error on the air flow meter sensor was present again.

Error details: https://imgur.com/7MsA6c7

Even i reset the values (btw, the old values were still 0 in both Idle Speed and Load), it seems that ECU doesn`t want to learn new values. I saw that on other BMWs E60 there are values there, but at mine is 0 and 0 and it also was 0 and 0 with the original flow meter.

As you can see here: https://imgur.com/jMtxABQ

For advanced people, i also uploaded a video to see how the car runs in live data at air mass values. Sorry for the quality, but the values are still readable.

There is something not fine. For example, at 0:10, you can see that at 3900 rpm, actual mass air value is 423 mg and the target mass air value is 566 mg. A difference of about 140 mg with a new flow meter Bosch is definitely not right.

I checked for vacuum leaks for the hoses from inlet manifold (even i`ve read that errors for vacuum leaks appear at very low rpms), and there are no vacuum leaks. Also the inlet manifold is clean. Same with EGR.

What is wrong? How can i fix this?