E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

M5 to 545 to Zero

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 10:51 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pharding' date='Nov 25 2004, 01:18 PM
You did the same thing that I would have done.? Why take something less than what you ordered??

I would suggest adding HUD to your order.? HUD is awesome.
[snapback]60764[/snapback]
HUD is awesome, and I mean that in the technical sense.

I expect it to be second only to having BT work flawlessly with my RAZR.

My goal is to be like pharding.

Peace.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, JET68 !

Pls put your location (USA, CA) in your profile. Thanks. It helps other members answering your questions more specific.
Old 11-25-2004, 02:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 MY 545i Sport Saloon. 2006 MY Alpina B3S Convertible. 2006 MY Brabus Smart 42 Cabrio. 2006 MY AM DB9 Coupe.

Wilkommen!

I'm sure you could change dealership - there must be another one in the Bay area???

Alternatively, you could insist on dealing only with the senior manager IF they want to keep your custom. Whoever you were dealing with must have been ordering a pizza.....not a car..
Old 11-25-2004, 02:48 PM
Contributors

I took delivery of mine with half titanium and half poplar. My sales rep screwed up and ordered poplar after constant repeats of the word Titanium. He had to pay for out of own pocket. Then a month later I had the door trim replaced with titanium. That cost went to the sales rep as well.

Get another BMW, you will sleep better.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:41 PM
Senior Members

i suggest u reorder....get some freebies thrown in...n put on record if car is not up to specs again....u walk wif some compensation $.
Old 11-25-2004, 06:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i SMG, Sport package, Premium package, L7, Xenon Headlamps, Window Shades, Rear red reflectors

Originally Posted by JET68' date='Nov 25 2004, 11:05 AM
Recently I sold my 03 E39 M5 with 16K on it.? I wanted a car with an automatic and ordered the 545 back in September.?
Three weeks ago, the dealer called to say the car would be here Thansgiving week.? I faxed him a letter requesting that the front plate holder not be installed, and that they hand wash it only before delivery.
Last Saturday, I went to pick the car up.? Arriving at the dealer, I found a mechanic drilling holes into the front bumper; he said he hadn't seen the paperwork saying it shouldn't be done.? I then opened the door to find that the wrong trim had been ordered by the salesman (I wanted the Anthracite; it came through with the other).? Additionally, the paint had lots of surface swirl marks indicating the car had either been through an automatic wash or improperly dried.

The salesman then tried to compensate but after waiting two and a half months for something I wanted, I knew I'd always regret taking the car that was not to my specs.? He offered to drop the price, but I cancelled, took my deposit back and left the dealership
I've owned 9 BMWs before, each one ordered without a hitch.? This one, however, was my first (and last) experience with this specific dealer.

Don't know what I'm going to do.? At present, I'm borrowing a friend's Volvo.
(Order was: 545, Step, Sport, Cold, Premium Audio, Comfort, Shades, GPS; Mystic Blue/Auburn/Anthracite --- would have been nice!!)
[snapback]60737[/snapback]
I agree with the others, try to reorder and get what you want. You'll always have that nagging thought in the back of your mind saying "This car is just how I ordered except for..." You can always pick one of those cars up off the dealer's lot. I know it's easy for us to say that but you the one without the wheels. Maybe the dealer can hook you up with a longterm rental until to new one gets in.
Old 11-25-2004, 06:56 PM
Senior Members

Jet68

Im going to try to guess which dealer it was.....was it Peter Pan in San Mateo?

My suggestion would be to pick a stock 545 with the closest spec u wanted. Im always hesitant in buying special order cars because u can't see the real thing u make your committment (financial in particular, ie deposit).

Good luck.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by Bunbun' date='Nov 25 2004, 10:56 PM
Jet68

Im going to try to guess which dealer it was.....was it Peter Pan in San Mateo?

My suggestion would be to pick a stock 545 with the closest spec u wanted.? Im always hesitant in buying special order cars because u can't see the real thing u make your committment (financial? in particular, ie deposit).

Good luck.
[snapback]60933[/snapback]
Peter pan BMW in San mateo is a pretty gd dealership to me. I bought my car there and had a wonderful experience with them. I would think that he went to Allison BMW. Many people have problems with that dealership. I went there and looked around for about half an hr and nobody approached me. Looks like they despise me as a youngster. WHATEVER! i will never buy any car from ALLISON.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: #1: 2004 545i; 6-speed manual; Sport Package; Mystic Blue with a gray leather interior and Anthracite wood; CWP; Logic 7. #2: 2010 535xi Touring; Automatic.

Originally Posted by JET68' date='Nov 25 2004, 12:31 PM
On a lark, I drove a Volvo S60R the other day.? Interesting car.? After 9 BMWs, part of me is thinking of doing something different.? The 545 is a fantastic car and absolutely my first choice.? I'm just undecided right now....
[snapback]60753[/snapback]
Isn't the Volvo just ponderous after the 545? I drove one recently (loaner from my dealer, actually), and it just felt so sluggish and reluctant. It is very tight, firm, and I know the R version is the best they can do. But I seriously couldn't wait to get back in my 545iM.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:12 AM
Contributors

Not a good sign that is a good dealer.

Sorry to hear that. Nice combo color thought.

is that dealer in USA or oversea? Will be a good idea to mention the name and location of the dealer so that other avoid it?

Or maybe i am too harsh with that dealer?

Quick Reply: M5 to 545 to Zero