E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M-Tech Rear Bumper vs. Stock Rear Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone! Newbie here..

I plan on doing the M-Tech upgrade sometime this week, however, I'm not entirely sold on the M-Tech rear bumper. I kind of like the way the original looks. Am I alone on this one?

Will it look funny or "OFF" if I decide NOT to do the M-Tech rear bumper? This could potentially save me some $$$ if this is not the case.

Thanks for your help! And any pics of anyone who has this set-up (M-Tech front, M-Tech sides and Original Rear bumper) please post because I would like to see that it still works without the M-Tech rear bumper.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='697551' date='Oct 20 2008, 01:41 PM
Hey everyone! Newbie here..

I plan on doing the M-Tech upgrade sometime this week, however, I'm not entirely sold on the M-Tech rear bumper. I kind of like the way the original looks. Am I alone on this one?

Will it look funny or "OFF" if I decide NOT to do the M-Tech rear bumper? This could potentially save me some $$$ if this is not the case.

Thanks for your help! And any pics of anyone who has this set-up (M-Tech front, M-Tech sides and Original Rear bumper) please post because I would like to see that it still works without the M-Tech rear bumper.
I didn't like the M-Tech Rear but like the sides which I haven't put on yet.

Some members have had put on just the front and sides so you wouldn't be the only one -- the lines work well as well so I guess that's an option.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BigMike' post='697560' date='Oct 20 2008, 01:58 AM
I didn't like the M-Tech Rear but like the sides which I haven't put on yet.

Some members have had put on just the front and sides so you wouldn't be the only one -- the lines work well as well so I guess that's an option.
That's EXACTLY what I want to hear!

I was just worried that it might look funny. thanks! I'd still like to see some pics if any? anyone?
Old 10-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Me
Old 10-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

There's actually quite a few people who dont have the rear m-tech. I'm one of them.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?autocom=ga...m&album=367

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?autocom=ga...m&album=344
Old 10-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Contributors

Nice! Thanks! That really really helped make my decision easier! Kudos to you my man!

Now to make things a little interesting... anyone here rockin just the M-Tech front with original sides and rear?
Old 10-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='697568' date='Oct 20 2008, 02:03 AM
There's actually quite a few people who dont have the rear m-tech. I'm one of them.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?autocom=ga...m&album=367

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?autocom=ga...m&album=344
I like what you did, I'm considering doing the same. I don't really care for the M-tech rear.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Members

I was thinking of doing the same, just the front.. and didnt care too much for the rear. For some reason, recently I have began to really like the Mtech rear a lot more..

It would def not look weird if you did just the front bumper.. but for me now I Want the rear too!
Old 10-20-2008, 04:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by Boosted4Door' post='697596' date='Oct 20 2008, 03:16 AM
I was thinking of doing the same, just the front.. and didnt care too much for the rear. For some reason, recently I have began to really like the Mtech rear a lot more..

It would def not look weird if you did just the front bumper.. but for me now I Want the rear too!
here.... look at this.. bet you like the rear now..
Attached Thumbnails M-Tech Rear Bumper vs. Stock Rear Bumper-img_8266.jpg  
Old 10-20-2008, 04:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by melimel' post='697680' date='Oct 20 2008, 05:33 AM
here.... look at this.. bet you like the rear now..
Uh oh! Mel's showing off her rear. What will your hubby think???!!! Lol! Just Kidding :-D

Quick Reply: M-Tech Rear Bumper vs. Stock Rear Bumper