E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M-Tech Opinion Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 03:51 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having an M-Tech Aero packaged installed this coming week but am torn between which rear bumper I like better. I think the original has better lines but the M-Tech goes with the kit. What do people think of the two and has anyone installed only the front and skirts?

By the way made out great with my dunlap noise issue. I have 4 new tires on order compliments of BMW USA.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Members

your BMW is your baby ! If YOU prefer to keep the original rearbumper, it's your choice ! As colours, tastes, women ....
Old 12-15-2005, 04:25 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer current bumper over M-Aero kit's. Rear reflector is the key
Old 12-15-2005, 04:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Silver Grey 550i (est delivery 12/06) Auburn / Poplar Interior / Anthracite headliner M body aero kit/ sport/ sound/ comfort access/ comfort seats/ sunshade/ sat radio

I had the same dilemma. but now that i got the M bumper, i love the look. The stock is nice but common. I think the M bumper gives it a very sporty look and completes the body kit. I would say that you will definitely not regret the M bumper. The red reflectors are a must if you stick with stock. Whichever you pick, you will not have any regrets because you will be partial to whats on the car. I was in the exact position you are in a couple of weeks ago. Rodybmw has a post with pics of the body kit on and the car before the body kit installed side by side. He was the one that convinced me to do the whole thing. Ill post the link if i find it
arthur

here's the link
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=8939&hl=trunk

you can also check my gallery out.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:55 PM
Contributors

I've had the M Kit on now for one week and I like the entire look. I think the M rear looks more aggressive.

As a positive side effect, the M Kit rear bumper stays cleaner than stock ... must be the aerodynamics. You know how the stock bumper collects dust, particles, and dirt like a vacuum cleaner? Also, the flared side skirts keep the door panels much cleaner too.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 M5

All M-tech!
Old 12-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by strobeguy' post='211789' date='Dec 15 2005, 07:51 PM
I am having an M-Tech Aero packaged installed this coming week but am torn between which rear bumper I like better. I think the original has better lines but the M-Tech goes with the kit. What do people think of the two and has anyone installed only the front and skirts?

By the way made out great with my dunlap noise issue. I have 4 new tires on order compliments of BMW USA.

I loved my reflectors and the lipped stock rear - however, the M kit rear does complete the kit and I love the total look. You won't regret getting the M rear - its aggressive dimensions do not show in the pictures. BTW, the pronounced flaring of the skirts don't show in pictures either. I'd love the kit - it was almost like getting a new car when I first saw her.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport, Premium, Logic 7, Jet Black, Black Leather, M-Aero Kit, 15% (very dark) Tint, Eichbach Lowering Springs, Red Brake Calipers, Radenergie R-10's, Michelin PilotSport2 in 245/35/20 and 285/30/20, Rolled Fenders, and a nifty Graco Baby Car Seat. Next Up: Xenon fogs, Eisemann Exhaust, iPod Interface, Comfort Seats.

LOL!
MY 545i is in the shop right now, getting the M Aero Kit painted and installed, and I was having the exact same dilemma! I think the M rear is a bit fat (like a kid in diapers, with a load in it). But I decided to have it put on anyway, as it will separate my 545 from all the other e60's out there. And after looking at every picture on the gallery, it just looks more aggressive.
Go the FULL MONTY!

Originally Posted by cattman' post='211845' date='Dec 15 2005, 09:14 PM
LOL!
MY 545i is in the shop right now, getting the M Aero Kit painted and installed, and I was having the exact same dilemma! I think the M rear is a bit fat (like a kid in diapers, with a load in it). But I decided to have it put on anyway, as it will separate my 545 from all the other e60's out there. And after looking at every picture on the gallery, it just looks more aggressive.
Go the FULL MONTY!
OH, and get the rear lip spoiler too. Not the fat ones, just the little lip, which they have on the European M Kit model.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I'm a rare one here. I opted not to have the M-Tech Rear installed and I dont regret the decision. I do prefer the OEM with the rear reflectors and I like the OEM lip.

I've seen the FULL M-Tech kit quite a few times and they both look good. You cant go wrong with either. But in the end I opted to stick with the OEM rear.

See my pics.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=module...album&album=344

Old 12-15-2005, 07:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

...And here is his rear bumper!
Attached Thumbnails M-Tech Opinion Question-newbump.jpg  

Quick Reply: M-Tech Opinion Question