E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M-tech full kit or just M-tech front bumper with side skirts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally do not like the M-tech rear bumper unless it is the M5 rear with quad exhaust set up. I think the M-tech rear bumper with single exhaust outlet looks kind of fat.

What do you think? Very attempting to make the purchase but cannot decide whether I should just go with the front M-tech bumper with side skirts or the full kit?
Old 05-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

definitely could get a way without putting the rear bumper...but if you're gonna do it, I say do it all the way...IMHO...good luck with your choice
Old 05-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, Platinum Gray, Sport Pkg

Originally Posted by k Wang' post='576318' date='May 7 2008, 08:14 PM
I personally do not like the M-tech rear bumper unless it is the M5 rear with quad exhaust set up. I think the M-tech rear bumper with single exhaust outlet looks kind of fat.

What do you think? Very attempting to make the purchase but cannot decide whether I should just go with the front M-tech bumper with side skirts or the full kit?
I say do the whole thing, but you could probably get away with the front and side skirts. I'm kinda in the same boat...I've already added the side skirts and need to do something up front. The OEM front is too weak looking in my opinion. I love the M-tech bumper. good luck
Old 05-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Have u seen my car? I'm one of the few odd balls that kept the oem rear... I'm getting away with it...

Old 05-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

If you are not going to do quads, why not save money and keep the stock rear. I personally like the stock bumper better than the mtech rear and the only reason I got the mtech rear was for quads.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Senior Members

Looks nice. Do you have more picture from the side of the car?
Old 05-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='576356' date='May 7 2008, 10:23 PM
Have u seen my car? I'm one of the few odd balls that kept the oem rear... I'm getting away with it...
you and wendell man. looks good. i still remember how wendell explained it at the SLO meet last year how the rear bumper goes with the side skirts
Old 05-07-2008, 11:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

I think I am going to do the same with my car. Just the front and sides. I like the look of the stock rear bumper better than the M-Tech rear for cars without quad exhaust.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 05-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='576356' date='May 7 2008, 11:23 PM
Well very soon you wont be the only oddball As I ordered my kit the same way from Tony. I dunno, I actually think the stock rear actually matches the side skirts with the way it kind of points outward sharply. Plus I am adding an ACS trunk lid spoiler, so I think that will enhance the rear even more. Ill have to see it in real life but the pics you posted almost confirms my idea, thanks for sharing all the photos.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i Sport & Premium package with bluetooth, 6 disk cd-Changer, stock 18's dunlop wrapped, leather, adaptive headlights, CPO, See my gallery :DR.I.P...Stock Silver 2004 530i with grey interior, HID,
Model Year: 2005
Engine: M54

you got a couple choices. the group buy im in for the entire m-tech kit gives you the option of getting the m-tech rear bumper or the M5 rear bumper with the kit for the same price.

if you think about the over-all price you're going to pay for only the front m-tech bumper and skirts i say get the whole m-tech kit (its woth it). quad_m sells only the front m-tech bumper painted and shipped for $999 plus about $500ish for the skirts painted and shipped, thats roughly $1500. the whole m-tech kit sells (M5 rear or m-tech) for $1799 painted and shipped. if you decide to keep the oem rear bumper on your car then sell the included rear bumper and make some money back...

you can always add a rear diffuser to the m-tech rear for quads whens you're ready.... if you get the M5 rear then you HAVE to get quads asap cause you'll have the cut outs already on the bumper and it will look funny without it.

theres alot of ways to look at this. at the end your car will look great after the upgrade.

goodluck and post your results!

orlee

Quick Reply: M-tech full kit or just M-tech front bumper with side skirts?