E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M-Sport Package or More Options

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in Toronto, Canada, and am buying my first car. To get you into my mindset, i'll give you a brief summary of my situation. I am 22 years old, I just graduated from university, and I currently drive a 2002 Maxima. It's a great car, but I got it on my 18th birthday, and I am getting bored. My car doesn't really need to be replaced, but since I have the ability to buy myself the car that I have been wanting for soo long, I am ready to take the plunge. My only concern is whether I should get the M-Sport Package or use that money on getting more options.

Car That I am Considering:
2007 530i
Black on Black
6-Speed
Premium Pack.

In Canada, the M-Sport Package comes out to $6,500. Rather than just get this package, I can use the money I save and add $700 to get Navigation, Comfort Seats, Ventilated Seats, and Comfort Access.

My color choice is Black on Black. I am in love with the M-Sport package but does it really stand out on a black car. Most pictures of dark cars dont really show the aggressive front bumper as well as lighter cars. So for the people with darker cars, is the package as noticeable as lighter cars? Another concern is that I am used to my car having a heated steering wheel in the cold winters. Can I get the heated steering wheel rather than the M-Sport one? Should I even worry about the steering wheel?

What do you guys think I should do? Will the luxury of all those extras outweigh the puuure appeal of the M-Sport Package? Or should I forgo the extras and go for the M-Sport Package?

Thanks
Old 05-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Members

My Ride: e39 525i Touring, will order e61 as soon as I can decide on engine and options...

M-Sport.
/M

Originally Posted by Refujeet' post='283825' date='May 17 2006, 10:42 PM
I'm in Toronto, Canada, and am buying my first car. To get you into my mindset, i'll give you a brief summary of my situation. I am 22 years old, I just graduated from university, and I currently drive a 2002 Maxima. It's a great car, but I got it on my 18th birthday, and I am getting bored. My car doesn't really need to be replaced, but since I have the ability to buy myself the car that I have been wanting for soo long, I am ready to take the plunge. My only concern is whether I should get the M-Sport Package or use that money on getting more options.

Car That I am Considering:
2007 530i
Black on Black
6-Speed
Premium Pack.

In Canada, the M-Sport Package comes out to $6,500. Rather than just get this package, I can use the money I save and add $700 to get Navigation, Comfort Seats, Ventilated Seats, and Comfort Access.

My color choice is Black on Black. I am in love with the M-Sport package but does it really stand out on a black car. Most pictures of dark cars dont really show the aggressive front bumper as well as lighter cars. So for the people with darker cars, is the package as noticeable as lighter cars? Another concern is that I am used to my car having a heated steering wheel in the cold winters. Can I get the heated steering wheel rather than the M-Sport one? Should I even worry about the steering wheel?

What do you guys think I should do? Will the luxury of all those extras outweigh the puuure appeal of the M-Sport Package? Or should I forgo the extras and go for the M-Sport Package?

Thanks
Old 05-17-2006, 12:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport, carbon black, media pack, visibility pack, grey leather, heated seats, sun protection glass, voice control, Eibach ProKit, 19" 166 style wheels, e-maps ECU remap to 325hp and 640NM, top speed limiter removed

are you sure about the front not standing out on a black one ? this is mine

Old 05-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Members

Originally Posted by olli_535d' post='283830' date='May 17 2006, 04:52 PM
are you sure about the front not standing out on a black one ? this is mine

It stands out, but I jsut feel the lower bumber lines stand out on a lighter car more. It just looks more aggressive, it might just be me. Don't get me wrong though, I notice it, and I think it looks great. I'm just wondering if I should spend the money on something that I would enjoy inside the car, or if I should spend it on somethign that I would enjoy while I look at it in my garage (which I intend on doing for quite a bit, it's such a gorgeous car, haha).

Just so you know, I was 100% for the M-Sport pack until my dealer showed me what I could get in exchange for it. Damn him!

Edit: BTW, your car looks great. Love the grille, love the rims.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My Cars: 2004 545i Black with Balck | 6 Speed Manual | Sports Package | Moon Roof | Adaptive Steering | Smoking Package | Cold Weather Package | Adaptive Xenon | Premium Sound, LOGIC7 | Hard Wired V1 | AUX Input | Only 13K Miles! 2001 530i Green with Tan | Sport Package | Streptronic | Moon Roof | SOLD 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2L (Beat my 530i off the line until about 40 MPH) | SOLD 1981 320i destroyed Other family members cars: 2008 Yukon Denali Black with Black 2007 Aston Martin DB9 Cabriolet Black with Black 2006 Mercedes G55 Black with Black | 2004 Yukon XL Denali Black with Tan | 2003 BMW X5 3.0 Silver with Black | Every option available | 2001 Porsche C4 Cabriolet Silver with Black | 6 Speed Manual | 1958 Austin Mini Green with Black Interior 67k Miles, Fully restored in 2003 | Beach Car

Skip the Msport, get the options. Not worth it for that much money.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i

Skip it. You can always get the package later. The more options you have, the better.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

M-sport or mine

You have to decide it, you will drive it and you said you luv that, so go for it! Or get the comfort seats, I luv it all the day with active function
Old 05-17-2006, 01:31 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Refujeet' post='283825' date='May 17 2006, 03:42 PM

Thanks
Skip the M-sport looks stuff and go with the options. You'll actually use those. Even with the M-sport, the car will just look sorta like an M5 but it still won't be one. With the options, you'll have an awesome loaded out car instead of a car with some different looking $6500 worth of plastic pieces on the outside. That's my opinion at least. Now, if the M-sport package included the M exhaust system, I may feel differently.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

Skip the ///M Sport and skip Comfort Access.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

I chose the options first. But again I am driving it a good bit at a good length.

I wish at 22 I could have bought a 530 over the crappy VW passat that I bought.

Quick Reply: M-Sport Package or More Options