E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Lowered E60 Meets Chicago Winter

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 06:05 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bjsbuds' post='1083848' date='Jan 4 2010, 06:46 AM
Nice pics, what kind of camera are you using?
Kodak 10 megapixel. Wal-Mart, $200. However, I later photoshop the images to improve color and clarity which make a huge difference.

on a different note........

I made this post on December 27th and up until today I was very pleased to NOT see a single snowflake fall in the Chicago area........... UNTIL TODAY. HAMMERED, POUNDED, SNOW IS ALL OVER. ITS LIKE ANTI-E60 MATERIAL IS FALLING FROM THE SKY!

Thus, I have been forced to take my awesome neighbor's Toyota Highlander to work where I now have to sadly look at a Japanese fat lady from my office window instead of my beautiful, German princess. I am truly saddened by this whole Winter ordeal. You know, if it wasn't for my job I swear I'd pack everything up and move to a NO-SNOW-STATE. I have no kids, no pets, no wife, and no girlfriend. Life is simple and sweet!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:40 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='1085874' date='Jan 7 2010, 10:05 AM
You know, if it wasn't for my job I swear I'd pack everything up and move to a NO-SNOW-STATE. I have no kids, no pets, no wife, and no girlfriend. Life is simple and sweet!
My best advice: MOVE, move, move. I resent every single day of my life that I did not move down somewhere warmer BEFORE the kids came along. Now the kids are adults, but obviously I do not want to leave them or the grandchildren behind. It sucks, I tell ya, it really sucks. If I knew then what I know now I would have moved even if it had meant a career change. But, hey, who's complaining?

On another note, if I had moved somewhere warmer, like Pittsburgh or New York, for example, I would not be able to gloat that my team is in the playoffs as AFC-East champs AND all that during a re-build year. Wait 'till the next few years when this young team matures a little bit.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='1085874' date='Jan 7 2010, 09:05 AM
Kodak 10 megapixel. Wal-Mart, $200. However, I later photoshop the images to improve color and clarity which make a huge difference.

on a different note........

I made this post on December 27th and up until today I was very pleased to NOT see a single snowflake fall in the Chicago area........... UNTIL TODAY. HAMMERED, POUNDED, SNOW IS ALL OVER. ITS LIKE ANTI-E60 MATERIAL IS FALLING FROM THE SKY!

Thus, I have been forced to take my awesome neighbor's Toyota Highlander to work where I now have to sadly look at a Japanese fat lady from my office window instead of my beautiful, German princess. I am truly saddened by this whole Winter ordeal. You know, if it wasn't for my job I swear I'd pack everything up and move to a NO-SNOW-STATE. I have no kids, no pets, no wife, and no girlfriend. Life is simple and sweet!
I am feeling your pain, however I have the luxury of working from home. I can't even imagine being out in traffic in this mess. Since you don't have x drive, why not get a winter beater? I had a 94 ford taurus which was a tank in the snow..and dirt cheap.

I too am for ultimately moving though. The midwest is boring and the weather just plain sucks. Summer lasts 4 months, and winter is the rest.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by -Mike-' post='1085904' date='Jan 7 2010, 12:01 PM
I am feeling your pain, however I have the luxury of working from home. I can't even imagine being out in traffic in this mess. Since you don't have x drive, why not get a winter beater? I had a 94 ford taurus which was a tank in the snow..and dirt cheap.

I too am for ultimately moving though. The midwest is boring and the weather just plain sucks. Summer lasts 4 months, and winter is the rest.

You know there sure are a lot of us from the Chicago area. I think we should arrange a meet for Spring 2010!
Old 01-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Mystic Blue Metallic 545I

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1085898' date='Jan 7 2010, 09:40 AM
My best advice: MOVE, move, move. I resent every single day of my life that I did not move down somewhere warmer BEFORE the kids came along. Now the kids are adults, but obviously I do not want to leave them or the grandchildren behind. It sucks, I tell ya, it really sucks. If I knew then what I know now I would have moved even if it had meant a career change. But, hey, who's complaining?

On another note, if I had moved somewhere warmer, like Pittsburgh or New York, for example, I would not be able to gloat that my team is in the playoffs as AFC-East champs AND all that during a re-build year. Wait 'till the next few years when this young team matures a little bit.
Arizona's the place to be.