E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lowered 530i on eibach springs BUT.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 03:43 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: my ride which i just bought is 2005 530i with all the fruit cept no tv or dvd GRR haha :)

hellooo !!
i just put some 20`s on my 530i 05 and lowered it with eibach pro-kit with stil the standard shocks and i noticed on the rear that the right side at the back is lowered more then the left side,theres a bout a lil finger diff its noticable...the front lowered both sides evenly but the back is not so even...is this normal or any one else had this problem b4 ?

and 1 more question.. im not happy with the rear looks bit higher then the front do u guys reckon it will be alrite if i put the sportline springs just on the back to get that tad lower ?
Old 03-23-2011, 03:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by sik bmuu
hellooo !!
i just put some 20`s on my 530i 05 and lowered it with eibach pro-kit with stil the standard shocks and i noticed on the rear that the right side at the back is lowered more then the left side,theres a bout a lil finger diff its noticable...the front lowered both sides evenly but the back is not so even...is this normal or any one else had this problem b4 ?

and 1 more question.. im not happy with the rear looks bit higher then the front do u guys reckon it will be alrite if i put the sportline springs just on the back to get that tad lower ?
You may want to wait until the springs settle before you judge the height.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:13 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

The rear un-even usually related due to the battery located in the trunk.

I would not mix-'n-match springs as they are have different rate from each manufacturer, could be dangerous and/or will effect the car handling.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 14 550i

+1. I would advise against it. The different spring rates, even though they are progressive, will cause different rebounds.

Drive the car for about a week and see if the ride height changes.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Old 03-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i Alpine White / Tan

welcome to the world of Eibach Pro Springs...I too unfortunately purchased these and just put them on, must have some low paid engineers at Eibach because I too have a .5" bigger gap in the rear than the front after a clearly stated "specific 1.2" drop all around". I hate the way it looks and am stuck as well. Just get it used to it, every pic I have seen of these installed looks NOSE DOWN :thumbsdown:

PS post a pic of yours, I want to see how it looks on 20s...
Old 03-23-2011, 10:26 AM
Former Vendor

KSport Coilovers - $945 shipped

Have you guys tried talking with Eibach directly? Per their website

If you need technical help -- Call us! - We are here to answer all your questions. 1-800-507-2338

Eibach Springs, Inc.
264 Mariah Circle
Corona, CA 92879

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by baggedlvintegra
welcome to the world of Eibach Pro Springs...I too unfortunately purchased these and just put them on, must have some low paid engineers at Eibach because I too have a .5" bigger gap in the rear than the front after a clearly stated "specific 1.2" drop all around". I hate the way it looks and am stuck as well. Just get it used to it, every pic I have seen of these installed looks NOSE DOWN :thumbsdown:

PS post a pic of yours, I want to see how it looks on 20s...
Old 03-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Senior Members

i'm pretty sure 99% of cars are always higher on the driver's side due to the weight of the driver evening the ride height. this is going to be more obvious the lower your car is to the ground, much like the size of the moon seems much bigger the closer it is to the horizon. if you're really concerned, have someone take a picture of the rear while you're sitting in the car and see if it then looks even.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Members

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
KSport Coilovers - $945 shipped

Have you guys tried talking with Eibach directly? Per their website

If you need technical help -- Call us! - We are here to answer all your questions. 1-800-507-2338

Eibach Springs, Inc.
264 Mariah Circle
Corona, CA 92879

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
not looking to invest that kind of $$$ to loose ride quality, as much as it sucks to say Id rather sacrifice a little appearance <-- like an alocholic admitting himself into AA I know, devastating....but no point in calling Eibach, they are just gonna give a professional round the bush answer of "sorry about your luck"
Old 03-23-2011, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor

By the time you blow your shocks using the springs and have to replace them with new ones you'll be pretty darn close if not more than the cost of brand new coilovers.

You might be surprised with Eibach. Their techs are just as passionate as we are about cars. I've gotten plenty of good information from H&R, Eibach, KW, and Bilstein when I call them.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Old 03-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
By the time you blow your shocks using the springs and have to replace them with new ones you'll be pretty darn close if not more than the cost of brand new coilovers.

You might be surprised with Eibach. Their techs are just as passionate as we are about cars. I've gotten plenty of good information from H&R, Eibach, KW, and Bilstein when I call them.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Purchasing new and at retail YES you are correct. But I myself WILL NOT pay retail for anything, there are always good deals to be had so hopefully I can ride these out until that "special deal" comes along Thanks for the heads up on Eibach, Ill give them a call anyway if I get some free time just to see what their response is. Thanks - Josh

Quick Reply: lowered 530i on eibach springs BUT.....