E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

low battery discharge?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what does this mean? i got this warning today, after a few days ago when my idrive completely quit until i had to restart the car. ever since then, on every restart the clock/idrive reset. the lights are really low, so i wouldn't think the battery is bad, but the manual says they don't go bad.

also i have a 2007 530i and i feel stupid but i cannot find my battery. i've looked everywhere in the trunk and all i find is a spare back there. can someone help me?

where can i get a new battery/how much is it...if that is the problem?

thanks for the help.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Your battery is going out. Possibly why your CCC is being bonkers (which would be a good thing). The battery is in the boot compartment on the rear right. Take apart the cover and you'll see your battery.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Your battery is going out. Possibly why your CCC is being bonkers (which would be a good thing). The battery is in the boot compartment on the rear right. Take apart the cover and you'll see your battery.
thank you. is the only place i can get one the dealer, or can i get one at like autozone? how much will it run me?
Old 06-24-2011, 12:22 PM
Contributors

Start here: http://www.5series.n...s_Manual_US.pdf

The battery is in the trunk - nicely hidden on the right side under the cover.

This topic has been beat like a dead horse ... or a dead battery ... which is likely what you're dealing with! Use search to learn more about your options are.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Start here: http://www.5series.n...s_Manual_US.pdf

The battery is in the trunk - nicely hidden on the right side under the cover.

This topic has been beat like a dead horse ... or a dead battery ... which is likely what you're dealing with! Use search to learn more about your options are.
that link does not work.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tuffluck
that link does not work.
Sorry 'bout that ... The manual for your car is on the information page for this forum ... https://5series.net/information/
Old 06-24-2011, 02:26 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

thank you. is the only place i can get one the dealer, or can i get one at like autozone? how much will it run me?
Derr, I would recommend you to search on the topic. This has been discussed quite a bit including the need to register battery etc. Best you reach your own conclusion.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:22 AM
Senior Members

okay i have done some searching and this has helped. the only question i did not get answered is:

can i buy a napa/wal-mart battery and if it does not work properly (but is the same type battery), can i go get that one reprogrammed by bmw and it will work, or will bmw refuse to reprogram a non-OEM type battery? also, how much would just the reprogram cost if that is a possibility? thanks.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:24 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

okay i have done some searching and this has helped. the only question i did not get answered is:

can i buy a napa/wal-mart battery and if it does not work properly (but is the same type battery), can i go get that one reprogrammed by bmw and it will work, or will bmw refuse to reprogram a non-OEM type battery? also, how much would just the reprogram cost if that is a possibility? thanks.
I put a motorcycle battery in my car (it's been in there for 6 months or longer) and BMW refused to register it for me. That reminds me, I still need to order cables so I can register it.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by west
I put a motorcycle battery in my car (it's been in there for 6 months or longer) and BMW refused to register it for me. That reminds me, I still need to order cables so I can register it.
how does one register on their own and how many people don't register their own and it gives them problems? sounds like the 94r from walmart is the best aftermarket option.

Quick Reply: low battery discharge?