E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lovin the car.. but...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 11:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got delivery of my 530 dayb4 and i love it.. the car looks amazing, the ride is smooth and its all good .. but is it just me but i feel lek my tires r rock hard.. its like whne i go over a bump the suspension feels ok but smaller bumps when the suspenssion wont realy be working i feel my tires r as hard as steel ...
another small problem i have is that my cd player in the storage dash board keeps makin the loading and unloadin noises when i put a cd inside ... is that normal ?
lastly and hopfully the least the comfort access system what is that for ? the car wont unlock when i come close or touch the door handle and wont start with the srat buton unless i put the huge thing inside the key hole ...........
oh and one last small question about the breaking in period .. how many km do i have to do and in what range do i keep the rpm now during the break-in period ??? my sales agent dident tell me nehtin bout all of this
Old 12-09-2005, 02:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

here are a few thoughts?

1. tires hard as steel? do you have the run flat ties? if you do then there are a lot of people who think the run flats have s hard ride

2. do you mean the cd player in the glove box? The six cd changer? Then if so it is normal for multiple cd changes to make a shuffle noise when selecting the crooect disc

3. are you sure you ahev the comfort access? If so thenit sounds like it is disbaled - I do not have it so you have to wait for someone wiht it to respond. I am not even sure that the comfort access comes with a place to put a key in

4. break in period - first 1200 miles - about 2000 km - no harsh starts/stops, keeps the rpm's <4500, and try to not drive at the same spped/rpm for an extended period of time. There is a page for this in the owners manual.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by P.S.B' post='209048' date='Dec 9 2005, 03:09 AM
i got delivery of my 530 dayb4 and i love it.. the car looks amazing, the ride is smooth and its all good .. but is it just me but i feel lek my tires r rock hard.. its like whne i go over a bump the suspension feels ok but smaller bumps when the suspenssion wont realy be working i feel my tires r as hard as steel ...

Your tires may be inflated up to BMW specs. You could try lowering the pressue to something more comfortable. I liked my runflats with lower inflation. I assume you have runflats.

another small problem i have is that my cd player in the storage dash board keeps makin the loading and unloadin noises when i put a cd inside ... is that normal?

Not normal; check with dealer.

lastly and hopfully the least the comfort access system what is that for ? the car wont unlock when i come close or touch the door handle and wont start with the srat buton unless i put the huge thing inside the key hole ...........

I have not heard of problems getting the comfort access to work. You may have a software problem. The comfort access should unlock your car when you get close. And, you should be able to start the car with the button without inserting the key.

oh and one last small question about the breaking in period .. how many km do i have to do and in what range do i keep the rpm now during the break-in period ??? my sales agent dident tell me nehtin bout all of this

Check in your manual. But you should take it easy for about 1200 mi /.6 = about 2k km.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by P.S.B' post='209048' date='Dec 9 2005, 10:09 AM
another small problem i have is that my cd player in the storage dash board keeps makin the loading and unloadin noises when i put a cd inside ... is that normal ?
Check the tire pressure (might be too high) and if you have RF tyres - get rid of them.
What tyres do you have and they differant than your summer ones?

But the fact is that the suspension doeasn't really understand the smallest bumps in low speeds.

For proper brake-in you need to drive 2000 km easy and then the next 1000 km semi easy and then blow out!
See FAQ at this site.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

My run flats are hard too. I'm changing wheels and tires next week.

The CD changer in the glove box does make a lot of noise when changing CDs, isn't too excesive.

My door unlocks as soon as I engage the door handle and as long as I'm in nuetral with a foot on the break it starts right up.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Run flats are hard... but not as hard as you make it sound. Check your tire pressure.

Yes CD Changer makes a lot of noise... its normal.. it switches and reads from each CD a lot. but like Heloha said its not excessivly loud though.

It sounds like you dont have comfort access... As of Sept 2006 built cars they have the start / stop button and the funny looking 3 series key but that doesnt mean you have comfort access. Check your window sticker to see if theres a $1000 charge.

If you know you do then its probably software disabled like others have said... it'll be a dealer visit...