E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Love the e60

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's amazing how even after all these years the e60 still gets looks of admiration and jealousy from so many people. I mean my car isn't the most hooked up car out there and I still have stock suspension and stock rims but with the RPI exhaust mtech front hid fogs and normal white AE I sure do get a lot of stares from people as I drive by pedestrians or pass cars on the road....which many times you see people pull behind you just to follow you

Love my car still after 2 years, feels like I just got her a week ago and look for reasons to drive all the time

does sound nice though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnkB3FX-GPc
Old 08-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i sport package

Agreed, we are lucky to have such nice cars.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:02 AM
Members

Same here. I am very happy with my 545 and after over 3 years I still sometimes turn around to see how it looks parked
Old 08-27-2012, 05:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

I get compliments and looks at might all the time. I still love every time I get in it too.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 550i M Sport - All options except HUD

I haven't had my car for a week now as it gets a dent removed and M5 Tech bumper installed. Meanwhile, I've been driving a Chevy Traverse which isn't the worst car ever but nowhere near what we drive. I've tried to distract myself by getting all my goodies from Home Depot that I wouldn't want to put into the e60 but again, its officially been a week without the car and I'm not looking forward to my drive to work like I usually do lol. I hope I get it back today or tomorrow

BTW - your exhaust sounds incredible. Well done!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 550i M Sport - All options except HUD

I haven't had my car for a week now as it gets a dent removed and M5 Tech bumper installed. Meanwhile, I've been driving a Chevy Traverse which isn't the worst car ever but nowhere near what we drive. I've tried to distract myself by getting all my goodies from Home Depot that I wouldn't want to put into the e60 but again, its officially been a week without the car and I'm not looking forward to my drive to work like I usually do lol. I hope I get it back today or tomorrow

Old 08-27-2012, 06:26 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

I think the E60 is going to go down in history as one of the best BMW designs ever.

@Art Vandalay - I really love what you did with the new addition to the Guggenheim. Are these pretzels making you thirsty?
Old 08-27-2012, 07:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

I definately agree. Though I miss the times of relative exclusivity enjoyed when I first got her in '06, she still garners compliments continuously. Ours is a love-hate relationship. Her antics can get me so damned angry, I want to ditch her. Then, I look around, and realize - she is one fine lady, and the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Last week I retrofitted the CCC navigation in her, coded up Concierge and other assist options, and detailed/Lexol up her insides. I still love her
Old 08-27-2012, 10:48 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i
Model Year: 2008

Funny story... My friend recently bought a brand new Audi S4. One day his S4 and my "older" 550 were parked at a friend's house for a party. Someone showed up late and said: "Hey, who has the nice Bimmer outside?!"

That made my day!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by Art Vandalay

Can I donate to the human fund?

Quick Reply: Love the e60