E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud Noise from Rear Seats like how old floor cree

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 07:24 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am disappointed with my 545i. A luxury car worth 60K should sound like a luxury car. I have to say that Lexus makes the quietist interiors in my opinion. I thought the noise was coming from the rear doors because others on this forum said so. so I brought the car to BMW and they lubed the door jams. I feel its coming from the arm rest in the rear and Driver Seat when cornering or going over bumps.

Its so anoying that I cant wait for the lease to be up in 2 more years. Does anyone have this problem? I like the music loud and that helps to camafloge the creeking sounds, but in the morning I like silence when im driving to work.
Old 08-22-2004, 07:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Since today I hear a strange tsjirping sound too from the left rear door. It sounds like plastic sliding to other plastic.. It isn't really loud yet so I'll just wait to see what happens and go to the dealer.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:37 PM
Contributors

Mine is eerily quiet? especially when the stereo isn?t working
Old 08-22-2004, 02:50 PM
JDN
Contributors

Same here. Wish I could hear the exhaust a little, but it just purrs.
Old 08-22-2004, 04:46 PM
Members

No sounds whatsoever - solid, quiet ride - until I hit the accelerator -
Old 08-24-2004, 04:04 PM

Mine has some small noise coming from the passenger side. I notice it more early in the morning when listening to Am radio news.

No seriously, I heard some crancky -- plastic sound. LIke two hard plastic fighting with each other.

I thought my car was getting old. I already have about 7000 Miiles
Old 08-24-2004, 04:16 PM
Contributors

So far so good
Old 08-24-2004, 06:08 PM
Members

I had backseat sounds as many others have described. The dealer was no help in resolving the issue. Three weeks ago, I removed the entire back seat and made the necessary changes. Not a single noise since. I will post photos when more time is available.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:20 PM
Contributors

My E60 is also super quiet.

The first BMW I owned 19 years ago had an annoying squeaking noise in the back seat. The dealer finally determined that the side of the rear seat bottom was rubbing against the left rear door. A little WD40 on the side of the seat solved the problem. I don't know whether the same fix would work for Faisal Mortgage's 545i.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dba1t' date='Aug 25 2004, 10:08 AM
I had backseat sounds as many others have described. The dealer was no help in resolving the issue. Three weeks ago, I removed the entire back seat and made the necessary changes. Not a single noise since. I will post photos when more time is available.
Please post. i am eagerly waiting...

Quick Reply: Loud Noise from Rear Seats like how old floor cree