E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

A LOT of error messages

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010 | 12:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530i

You could have just rebooted the whole car. That's what i did upon changing suspension bushings. Keep the battery disconnected for about 4-5 hours. You'll have to reset everything. Or you can use your BMW software for those that have it.
Old 12-22-2010 | 12:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

@ Pilot Ace - it's simple. With the car started, turn wheel right to lock. Turn left to lock. Repeat. Shut down and restart. That generally reinitializes the system. Repeat if necessary. Active Steering warnings may pop up from time to time on cars so equipped. Performing this reset clears the error the vast majority of times (and can be found in your owner's manual).
Old 12-22-2010 | 12:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by advancedlogic
@ Pilot Ace - it's simple. With the car started, turn wheel right to lock. Turn left to lock. Repeat. Shut down and restart. That generally reinitializes the system. Repeat if necessary. Active Steering warnings may pop up from time to time on cars so equipped. Performing this reset clears the error the vast majority of times (and can be found in your owner's manual).
You know, I'm just going to have to sit down and read that owner's manual one of these days! I had no idea. I always reboot the entire car not the modules. But what do you mean by 'lock' ...the steering wheel only locks when turned when there is no key in the ignition. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-22-2010 | 01:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
You know, I'm just going to have to sit down and read that owner's manual one of these days! I had no idea. I always reboot the entire car not the modules. But what do you mean by 'lock' ...the steering wheel only locks when turned when there is no key in the ignition. Thanks for the info.

Reading is FUNdamental lol. Turn to lock simply means turn the wheel until it stops turning. Then turn it the opposite way until it stops. Repeat. Then turn the car off, then on and start it. The system should reinitialize. What you are doing is just like calibrating a computer game joystick. The car learns the left-most turning position, then the right-most position. Center of course is the mean position of the 2.
Old 12-22-2010 | 01:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by advancedlogic
Reading is FUNdamental lol. Turn to lock simply means turn the wheel until it stops turning. Then turn it the opposite way until it stops. Repeat. Then turn the car off, then on and start it. The system should reinitialize. What you are doing is just like calibrating a computer game joystick. The car learns the left-most turning position, then the right-most position. Center of course is the mean position of the 2.
I like you. You're on my wishlist.
Old 12-22-2010 | 01:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
I like you. You're on my wishlist.
But, im already spoken for this Christmas. She doesn't like to share. She's selfish bwahahahaha
Old 12-22-2010 | 03:44 PM
Senior Members

Ok cupcake. Maybe next year