E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A LOT of error messages

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 07:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, today I was driving under some heavy snow with DSC off trying to drive uphill, real wheels spinning hard now and then. After 30 seconds or so all these "dingdongs" started to pop up consecutively. First with ABS, followed by Dynamic Drive, Active Steering and so on.. Would this be a minor ecu-reset type of problem or a serious disaster? Anyone with similar experience?
A LOT of error messages-img_0661.jpg
Old 12-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

YES... just went through this... check your passenger side floors - if they are wet act quick!!! My storm drains were clogged under the ebox (which is under the passenger side micro cabin filter housing), and when it rained heavily a few weeks ago my car and many of the modules as well as the passenger side interior took on over 8" of water which I sucked out in an industrial sized shop vac...

My flooded 545 link
Old 12-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Contributors

I'm thinking that because you deactivated DSC and then drove very aggressively the system alerted that something was amiss. I suspect that all will return to normal after restarting the car and not disabling stability control. If not, something may have gone wrong with some of the electronics and / or sensors.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Members

Thanks a lot for the inputs. Checked the carpet - dry. Restarted the engine several times - still not fixed. However I detected some wet area under passenger side seat belts. Where is the cabin filter housing located by the way?
Old 12-20-2010, 08:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

Originally Posted by dd1818
Thanks a lot for the inputs. Checked the carpet - dry. Restarted the engine several times - still not fixed. However I detected some wet area under passenger side seat belts. Where is the cabin filter housing located by the way?
Dry... but wet under the passenger seat belt? There is a module under the passenger floor which got flooded in my car and caused the same error messages... I am sure the module got wet for you too. It may have come from the sun roof drains or in the way mine did through the ebox drains which is under the hood where the passenger side wiper is - just go down along the firewall... The module is located on the passenger side of the vehicle where a passenger would sit - if you sit in the front passenger seat, the module is right where your knees are if you draw a line straight down into the floor.

I got all the same exact error messages... it only takes a bit of water to get into the computer module... get the car to a dealer quick or to someone who knows what to do. We started pulling carpet and took the module out and emptied it and tried to dry it... I ended up getting my insurance involved and so far I am at over $5k in damage all from a clogged drain that backed up...
Old 12-20-2010, 08:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Those are also some of the same messages I got after a dislodged abs sensor. The tail lamp one I dunno. Wet carpet might mean it is the electronics under the carpet.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

this car looks nice but is a complete pain in the ass
Old 12-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by inktoxicated
this car looks nice but is a complete pain in the ass
shit happens all the time with any cars.... I hate to be the optimist of the forum but you gotta stop with a negativity about the e-60... its a timeless bmw that over that time can incur issues.. those issues can be fixed and life goes on. enough negativity already, its xmas.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:41 PM
Members

Called my local dealer today and the SA recommended doing the active steering reset. Now all error messages are gone. It's sometimes hard to understand this German engineering....
Old 12-22-2010, 03:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport SMG, 2010 550i M-Sport, 2010 E92 M3

How's the active steering reset done? Did you bring it in?

Quick Reply: A LOT of error messages