E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Lost steering tilt and both seat adjustments help

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost steering tilt and both seat adjustments help

I dunno if I did something yesterday when messing with some wiring under my center console and behind the radio but now it appears I have no steering tilt or seat movement on both driver and passenger I thought maybe two wires may have touched and I blew the fuse i checked the fuse box it said 14 and 21 were for the seats but they were not blown I didn't see one listed for the steering does anyone know if I should check any other fuses or what else too look for I hope I didn't accident unplug something behind the radio or in the center console directly related to my problem
Old 04-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Senior Members

Update I found the fuse the steering adjustment it was 88 in the trunk but still no dice it wasn't blown so my problem may be bigger than I think it is. I did some google searching on subject apparently its a common problem on e39s because the wire comes loose from the harness of the module located behind memory program buttons I don't think the wiring is the same on the e60s does anyone know where the module is located for my car? I removed the front panel under my driver seat i don't know if one of those plugs lead to the module there but i couldn't really tell if anything was loose if any one can think of what can I do please let me know
Old 04-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Members

check plugs to the center console switch, the one that has DTC/DSC, heated seats buttons. Also fuses F68 and 88 in trunk, right side, above battery.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Senior Members

okay I did remove my dct panel and replace it yesterday i didn't know that panel was connected to the seats however my dct button still works do you think i should still check? also I already checked fuse 88 i will check 68 tommorow do you know what is it for?
Old 04-14-2013, 07:51 PM
Members

Center console switch center (SZM) controls steering wheel adjustments and seats. Did you replace it with a new module then you may need to code it. Carefully inspect all plugs to SZM, take them apart if necessary. DTC button is wired independently so it may still work.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Senior Members

aw man you may have already solved my issues i removed it because i was doing some wiring behind the radio how ever i was unable to remove the center plug because i noticed the safety plastic clip had broken so it was kinda locked in there maybe when trying to put it back i might have squished it and damaged a pin or something i will take it apart tomorrow to find out
Old 04-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dbond
check plugs to the center console switch, the one that has DTC/DSC, heated seats buttons. Also fuses F68 and 88 in trunk, right side, above battery.
Your suggest worked like a charm thank you so much thats why I love this forum today I went straight behind the dct panel removed the wire and reinstalled it and tada!! my seats started working again
Old 04-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by spediegunz
aw man you may have already solved my issues i removed it because i was doing some wiring behind the radio how ever i was unable to remove the center plug because i noticed the safety plastic clip had broken so it was kinda locked in there maybe when trying to put it back i might have squished it and damaged a pin or something i will take it apart tomorrow to find out
Same thing happened to me when doing the CIC retrofit. DTC button still worked but somehow the plug safety clip broke so I had a bad connection.