E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Losing my mind! yet another noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 07:54 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by garehaan' date='Apr 5 2005, 09:40 AM
[quote name='BMW NA Customer Relations' date='Apr 5 2005, 05:12 PM']I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.

BMW NA Customer Relations
[snapback]111418[/snapback]
Are you real?

Did BMW put you in this forum on a professional basis, i mean you have to read all the forums daily in order to search for (potential) problems.

If so that's something we already expected in here, it's just we never could actually see bmw reps because anyone can login as a guest. You're the first real person who's not anonymous.

Like aliens, some think they are among us, but no one has proof.
[snapback]111421[/snapback]
[/quote]
That's the great thing about the internet, I can create a profile with any name (President of the US) and without proof, no one will ever know (although I'm guessing its not real)
Old 04-05-2005, 08:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Can one of the administrators please step in and verify the authenticity of the poster claiming to be from BMW N.A.

This seems bogus to me.

If it turns out to be bonafide, perhaps they would not mind also getting in touch with me, I am listed in the phone book under Gabman.

Thank You
Old 04-05-2005, 04:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Hes most likely real... I forget if it was varified here or not but on M5board.com they varified their IP address and it does come from BMW NA in NJ but... now are they really helping or are they just loging on to document the problem is another case. I was offered help on my SMG problem before but it wasnt help. It was just so i can call in and document the problem which I have done already!

Basically useless help.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Apr 6 2005, 02:37 AM
Hes most likely real... I forget if it was varified here or not but on M5board.com they varified their IP address and it does come from BMW NA in NJ but... now are they really helping or are they just loging on to document the problem is another case. I was offered help on my SMG problem before but it wasnt help. It was just so i can call in and document the problem which I have done already!

Basically useless help.
[snapback]111650[/snapback]
And what about the case numbers he refers to?
Old 04-05-2005, 11:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

Mentioned case numbers he used in previous posts. Just click the user, then click "find member's posts"
You can see his older postst in which reference numbers are used.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

This IS real.

Lomag allready looked up the IP when they first posted here.
They are here for quite a while now.

BMW Munich is here too, but they will never respond or register under their name, and a couple engineers from Munich are registered members.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Apr 6 2005, 06:45 AM
This IS real.

Lomag allready looked up the IP when they first posted here.
They are here for quite a while now.

BMW Munich is here too, but they will never respond or register under their name, and a couple engineers from Munich are registered members.
[snapback]111839[/snapback]
Thanks for the confirmation and nice to see you back.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by gabman' date='Apr 6 2005, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the confirmation and nice to see you back.
[snapback]111848[/snapback]
I have never been away, just too busy.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:11 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Mar 29 2005, 04:42 PM
anyone else having trouble with this... when I am moving slowly, and jag the wheel to the left, i hear a clicking sound from under the right side of the vehicle.? I can quickly keep jagging the wheel to the left, and each time, the clicking is there..? it doesn't have to be a fast turn, just a turn to the left, and it clicks about 1/4 turn of the wheel.

yet another noise with the car!? I also noticed a very slight clicking sound in the steering column area when I am just driving straight, but at super slow, like 3-5 MPH... maybe because i can hear it then?

amy I the only one losing my mind here?

Finally, the creaking in the car has gotten so bad, I can't take it anymore.. i was told the new seals are first come first served, but my dealer says that they are still recieving the old ones.. a white dot is supposed to indicate new.

Imagine, I can hear all this crap, and, this is all on top of the friggin loud tire roar..

andy
[snapback]108373[/snapback]
FINALLY!!! Someone with the same problem as me!! I've posted several times about this, here's one thread:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=3462&hl=

If you do a quick search, there are also several posts by me responding to other people's mention of this problem. Seems common, i'm just glad i'm not the only one.

Solution?

I've had my car in twice so far for this:
1st time they replaced the right front control arm. Noise still there. This last time (I just got the car back Mon after them having it for a week), they told me it was fixed. The dealer first called me and told me the car had been wrecked and I might have to pay for the work! Then I call back a day later and they say "nevermind", and blow the idea off. They said that some bumper bolts were loose and were making that sound and that it *might* have been in an accident. Charged up a whole lot for both warranty issues.

The sound, exactly as you describe it above, is still there.

I've got a THIRD appointment scheduled for next Tue for this, but I think I am going to reschedule, because I miss being without it.....

Let me know how your service visit turns out. Good luck them finding anything! Maybe it's normal! Doubt it..

P.S. - I also have the 'clicking' noise in the center of the steering wheel as well. You can only hear it when turning while driving slowly (and the stereo being off), such as when pulling into your driveway. It's like a creaking noise coming from the middle of the steering wheel (right under the BMW emblem it seems).
Old 04-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Senior Members

Wassy -

Any update on this steering noise?

Quick Reply: Losing my mind! yet another noise