E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Losing my mind! yet another noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 12:42 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone else having trouble with this... when I am moving slowly, and jag the wheel to the left, i hear a clicking sound from under the right side of the vehicle. I can quickly keep jagging the wheel to the left, and each time, the clicking is there.. it doesn't have to be a fast turn, just a turn to the left, and it clicks about 1/4 turn of the wheel.

yet another noise with the car! I also noticed a very slight clicking sound in the steering column area when I am just driving straight, but at super slow, like 3-5 MPH... maybe because i can hear it then?

amy I the only one losing my mind here?

Finally, the creaking in the car has gotten so bad, I can't take it anymore.. i was told the new seals are first come first served, but my dealer says that they are still recieving the old ones.. a white dot is supposed to indicate new.

Imagine, I can hear all this crap, and, this is all on top of the friggin loud tire roar..

andy
Old 03-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

If you can hear the tires.... you're not listening to the stereo loud enough.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:33 PM
Senior Members

Do u hv active steering? Seems like a common problem with active steering. My car doesn't hv active steering but I also hear light clicking noise when turning the steering wheel, but not when Im steering straight.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:14 PM
Senior Members

Active steering cannot malfunction, Wassy. Therefore, if you crash and burn in a firey wreck, it had to be something else.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Evenflow545' date='Mar 30 2005, 01:14 AM
Active steering cannot malfunction, Wassy.? Therefore, if you crash and burn in a firey wreck, it had to be something else.
[snapback]108541[/snapback]

LOL! I do of course have AS... and ever since my 13.2 upgrade way back when (now on 15.2).. the feeling is no different than one without AS.. but more problems..

unreal! Seems like the more technology advances at BMW, the more it falls behind.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Mar 30 2005, 01:49 PM
[quote name='Evenflow545' date='Mar 30 2005, 01:14 AM']Active steering cannot malfunction, Wassy.?? Therefore, if you crash and burn in a firey wreck, it had to be something else.

LOL! I do of course have AS... and ever since my 13.2 upgrade way back when (now on 15.2).. the feeling is no different than one without AS.. but more problems..

unreal! Seems like the more technology advances at BMW, the more it falls behind.
[snapback]108617[/snapback]
[/quote]

Wassy, When was your car built? Just the other day my car started the clunk noise as I was backing out of my driveway and a sharp left. On that day each sharp turns 2 left and a right during the turning of the wheel there was a clunk. I was wondering if it was a buld date thing.
Thanks,

John
Old 03-30-2005, 09:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gomac' date='Mar 30 2005, 09:43 AM
[quote name='wassy' date='Mar 30 2005, 01:49 PM'][quote name='Evenflow545' date='Mar 30 2005, 01:14 AM']Active steering cannot malfunction, Wassy.?? Therefore, if you crash and burn in a firey wreck, it had to be something else.

[snapback]108617[/snapback]
[/quote]

Wassy, When was your car built? Just the other day my car started the clunk noise as I was backing out of my driveway and a sharp left. On that day each sharp turns 2 left and a right during the turning of the wheel there was a clunk. I was wondering if it was a buld date thing.
Thanks,

John
[snapback]108676[/snapback]
[/quote]

I believe my build date is 08/04
Old 04-05-2005, 07:12 AM
Senior Members

I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.

BMW NA Customer Relations
Old 04-05-2005, 07:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

Originally Posted by BMW NA Customer Relations' date='Apr 5 2005, 05:12 PM
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.

[snapback]111418[/snapback]
Are you real?

Did BMW put you in this forum on a professional basis, i mean you have to read all the forums daily in order to search for (potential) problems.

If so that's something we already expected in here, it's just we never could actually see bmw reps because anyone can login as a guest. You're the first real person who's not anonymous.

Like aliens, some think they are among us, but no one has proof.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by garehaan' date='Apr 5 2005, 08:40 AM
[quote name='BMW NA Customer Relations' date='Apr 5 2005, 05:12 PM']I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.

[snapback]111418[/snapback]
Are you real?

Did BMW put you in this forum on a professional basis, i mean you have to read all the forums daily in order to search for (potential) problems.

If so that's something we already expected in here, it's just we never could actually see bmw reps because anyone can login as a guest. You're the first real person who's not anonymous.

Like aliens, some think they are among us, but no one has proof.
[snapback]111421[/snapback]
[/quote]

BMWNA has had experiences in responding to their customers via message boards. While the messages are usually generic, its good to know they're on this board as well. They were/are active on toadfly for a while now.

Quick Reply: Losing my mind! yet another noise