E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking into another E60...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i...just bought so in progress...dont know where to start??? Want to do: LCI Tails, Xenon Headlights, Tints, Wheels, Trunk and Roof Spoiler, iPod Adapter...the list goes on.

Hey guys and gals,
I just actually traded in my 05 530i for a new tahoe but an now considering dabbling back into the E60 for my girlfriend. We are going to look at a 07 530xi tomorrow with xenons, nav, premium and cold weather..51k miles..its not CPO but the dealer told me it was previously CPO and the warranty is good until april of 2012.
Dark blue exterior with tan gut...

All this for $21,995...seems too good to be true...should I be worried about anything? Checked the carfax and has 2 owners and a pretty lenghty service history so it looks good only thing that bothers me is I see that rear brakes were replaced 2x in 13k miles...and also the cabin filter was replaced every 10k miles and the brake fluid was flushed every 20k miles...so that tells me the dealer took this guy for a ride or something was going on??

Let me know what you guys think...

Its at rallye BMW if anyone wants to check it out..heres the link

http://www.rallyebmw.com/VehicleDeta...y-NY/919678093
Old 02-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Yah, it's a little too good to be offered by a BMW dealer. Unless they can give you atleast a 3-6 month window with no questions asked return, I would be sorta careful.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Senior Members

That my friend is depreciation. Since the release of the F10 the E60's have taken a big hit in the used car market. I would say that's a legit deal...why is it not CPO though??
Old 02-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Members

I would check to see if thats a BMW warranty or an aftermarket warranty that's current on the car. The car could have been CPO'd previously and just carrying the balance of the warranty.

That price isn't too out of line. I've seen higher mileage E60 M5's sell for 26-27k (albeit fringe cases).
Old 02-10-2011, 05:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i...just bought so in progress...dont know where to start??? Want to do: LCI Tails, Xenon Headlights, Tints, Wheels, Trunk and Roof Spoiler, iPod Adapter...the list goes on.

yeah it was previously CPO'd and the warranty is carrying over. I bought my last E60 from the same dealer and it was great. Ok so I dont worry too much than I didnt realize they took such a hit in price and i figured it was because it has 50k on it and not 25-30 like most of the CPO inventory. Im going at 12:30 Ill let everyone know how it goes.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:51 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by LiLifter247
yeah it was previously CPO'd and the warranty is carrying over. I bought my last E60 from the same dealer and it was great. Ok so I dont worry too much than I didnt realize they took such a hit in price and i figured it was because it has 50k on it and not 25-30 like most of the CPO inventory. Im going at 12:30 Ill let everyone know how it goes.
CPO benefits / coverage follows the car ... even if after being CPO'ed by BMW it is resold by a non-BMW dealer. Carfax service looks like the car was maintained/serviced regularly by the same dealers. Price is totally dependent on market and every used car is "unique".

What may cause a lower price could be cosmetics ... look for excess wear and tear on paint or interior - that may not affect driving but "appearances" are what many buyers go by when making decisions to buy or not to buy!
Old 02-10-2011, 05:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, 6-speed Manual, Silver Grey Metallic, Grey Dakota Leather, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound Pkg, Sport Pkg, Lumbar Support

Originally Posted by LiLifter247
... only thing that bothers me is I see that rear brakes were replaced 2x in 13k miles...and also the cabin filter was replaced every 10k miles and the brake fluid was flushed every 20k miles...so that tells me the dealer took this guy for a ride or something was going on??
new rear brakes two times in 13K miles: definitely out of ordinary

cabin filter can be inspected easily for dirt accumulation, so maybe dealer was a little ambitious on this one

brake fluid should be changed every two years, so this seems normal

presumably the 2007 model was put in service second half of 2006, so CPO warranty should carry into 2012 (6 yrs, 100K miles)

I am surprised they are not saying it is CPO, seems like they are backing away from that claim. That would also worry me.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:13 AM
Members

Well they told me its CPO and that I had to pay the usual $45 dollar transfer fee to get the warranty into my name. Which was the same for my 05 530i...The rear brakes were the only thing that had me thinking but as I used to work as a mechanic at a cadillac dealer sometimes when the service writers add in the information the techs did sometimes they do it wrong..could of been front brakes or brakes and maybe the tech/advisor didnt specify which were replaced...so that isnt all out of the ordinary..I do all that work myself anyway but just had me thinking maybe calipers were locking up..but when I bought my 05 and I brought the car back a month later with a laundry list they replaced everything on it no questions asked even the idrive screen...but the last time I brought it in I had a new advisor and he totally raped me...I gave him and the whole service dept a piece of my mind and i vowed never to go back there.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, 6-speed Manual, Silver Grey Metallic, Grey Dakota Leather, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound Pkg, Sport Pkg, Lumbar Support

The $45 warranty transfer fee is pure dealer profit. Warranty is associated with the VIN, and you can easily update the owner address with the postcard to BMW USA...
Old 02-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Members

As far as the deal itself, it's nothing to write home about. I got a 2005 545i with 38,000 miles,excellent physcial condition, still under CPO warranty until 9/11, with Xenon, Logic 7, premium package, for 23,000 after tt&l about 8 months ago.

Quick Reply: looking into another E60...