5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Looking to buy my first BMW!!! (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/looking-buy-my-first-bmw-56524/)

Cwest 06-12-2008 01:55 PM

:welcome: Epic

advancedlogic 06-12-2008 02:15 PM

Welcome to the forums! I must commend you for being an informed shopper. Rather than relying on some magazine review, you've chosen to query actual owners about what features and qualities are important to maximize your ownership experience. That places you worlds ahead of most shoppers. From prestige to performance, BMW is legendary. Keep us posted on your decision!

Epic 06-12-2008 03:40 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome all! Im supprised a forum like this doesnt charge for its services (Im glade its free on the other hand :))

Originally Posted by E60freak' post='601130 (Post 601216)
Welcome.

Make sure its under warranty. If filling up gas is an issue, luxury cars are not for you.

Please update your information so that we know where you are located.

Regarding the filling up.. the Supra did 15mpg avg... so the BMW will be like a tesco value kinda fill up lol so def not a problem there

Originally Posted by melimel' post='601455 (Post 601514)
Welcome to the forums! I must commend you for being an informed shopper. Rather than relying on some magazine review, you've chosen to query actual owners about what features and qualities are important to maximize your ownership experience. That places you worlds ahead of most shoppers. From prestige to performance, BMW is legendary. Keep us posted on your decision!

Thanks, many times i have seen members get anoyed with new people who dont make the most of that trusty "search" Option.. But i try as much as i can.. Some things jus need a general view hence why im posting now :)

Etienne 06-14-2008 10:20 AM

Welcome to the forum.
Driving the 530D manual is realy funny and amazing. Great choice :thumbsup:

E60BEEMER 06-14-2008 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by kiwistu' post='601434' date='Jun 12 2008, 09:26 PM
Hi

I owned a 5 series in london - it was cool, especially on the roads around Sullsberry (sorry for the spelling!) "A" roads + roundabouts, nice.

Make sure you get the M-Kit exterior (if you don't have it you'll want it) and the biggest M wheels (I like OEM ones) you can, see if you can get the dealer to put on / swap some 172's on to the car. (again if you don't get them 1st up you'll want those too).

Best things about my car, the active steering, angel eyes, sport steering wheel, cell phone integration....if you can find one with all this stuff (well I would be) happy from day one, and then you can start planning the path to the M5...

Just my 5p

Cheers
Stu

indeed my answer too mate,im in london woodford and trust what the man said is 100% true, you have to get the M sport kit for sure, the minium, if you dont mate, you gna want to................

anyhow lots of Manuals around for that money, even autos also, depends how much mileage and age, mines a 2006 56 model and i got i remapped, and on average i get around 38-42 mpg, even better on motorways, even at 75/80

go for the 530d, or if you a bit more torque then the 535d, eco then 520d even

good luck anyhow fella.!

Epic 06-15-2008 05:45 AM

Thanks all

Yeah im not a fan of the SE my self and would have to be an M Sport at the lowest... theres a company that does M5 Convertions of just the body and they have a few for sale at around ?18,000 and there like 530d and 525d so may well get one from them...

Iv noticed theres alot of toys to be had. but what are the main things i should be looking at getting? are all iDrives the same? And if i get a crap one can i upgrade at my will in the future